Author Topic: Hillary Clinton blew the most winnable election in modern American history.  (Read 19462 times)

Online Lando Lincoln

Just wondering why DT is determined to stop the recount.   He won a couple of those battleground states by only a few thousand votes.  Something wrong here.  VERY wrong.

It seems to me the recount effort is not to flip a state as much as it is to have a respective state fail certification of its results in time for the vote of Electors.  By slow-walking the recount beyond December 19 (the date the Electoral College convenes), entire states can be omitted from the tally.  It won't change the outcome but the idiots on the left would be gleeful.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Oh lookie!  @alicewonders @Right_in_Virginia
The harpie squad is back! 

Just doing my part to keep the conversation moving @Oceander   It was getting a little stale in here.   :smokin:

Offline musiclady

It seems to me the recount effort is not to flip a state as much as it is to have a respective state fail certification of its results in time for the vote of Electors.  By slow-walking the recount beyond December 19 (the date the Electoral College convenes), entire states can be omitted from the tally.  It won't change the outcome but the idiots on the left would be gleeful.

Hasn't Michigan already certified?   What do they hope to accomplish there, I wonder??   :shrug:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Lando Lincoln

Hasn't Michigan already certified?   What do they hope to accomplish there, I wonder??   :shrug:

A court order would stay the certification, wouldn't it?  (**Disclaimer** I am no expert!)

They truly do not care about the disruption things like this could cause our nation.
John Steinbeck

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
A court order would stay the certification, wouldn't it?  (**Disclaimer** I am no expert!)

They truly do not care about the disruption things like this could cause our nation.

Like Trumpsters they want to burn everything down if they cannot get their way.

Offline musiclady

Makes me wonder if Trump was in support of the algor recount fiasco in 2000?  He was a Dem then, wasn't he?  And a good buddy of Clinton......

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Right_in_Virginia

More #fakenews from WTF.   :laugh:

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

Michigan AG Bill Schuette has filed to stop the recount based on the fact that its a waste of taxpayer dollars and Stein can't show grievous injury. Basically he's calling it a nuisance because it won't change the outcome of the election.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2016/12/02/mich-ag-schuette-moves-halt-presidential-recount/94797612/
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 09:58:27 pm by Cripplecreek »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I just want to point out that @alicewonders  and @flowers were both good people before they became angry, bitter trumpers.

I miss the people they used to be.  I LIKED those people.  They could think.  They could carry on conversations.  They had reasonable positions on issues.  They could disagree without hating you.

No more.

Sad.......   ****sheep****

Yes !!  I did not know those people before Trump took over their souls but I have known many people over at TOS that I really, really admired who became corrupted and actually became different people when Trump somehow took over their minds.

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online Lando Lincoln

Michigan AG Bill Schuette has filed to stop the recount based on the fact that its a waste of taxpayer dollars and Stein can't show grievous injury. Basically he's calling it a nuisance because it won't change the outcome of the election.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2016/12/02/mich-ag-schuette-moves-halt-presidential-recount/94797612/

Good!  Have you seen the images of the tedious hand counting underway in Dane County, Wisconsin (Madison)?  Such a waste - and it will drag out and drag out. 
John Steinbeck

Offline Cripplecreek

Good!  Have you seen the images of the tedious hand counting underway in Dane County, Wisconsin (Madison)?  Such a waste - and it will drag out and drag out.

It would have been different if Clinton or Trump wanted a recount in Michigan but Stein is a 1 percenter who simply isn't going to change the outcome in her favor. Schuette mentioning a recount hindering Michigan's electoral college vote is interesting. I think he's basically accusing Stein of trying to prevent Michigan's EC votes from being counted.

Offline Frank Cannon

Trump is America First and that is the reason why he won. The American people are tired of being the loser on trade deals. Do you really think Kasich or Jeb or Rubio or Christie would have saved Carrier jobs? Do you really think they would have closed the border?

You are a mindless drone. Pence saved Carrier by using IA taxpayers money to bride them to stay. It is costing the taxpayers $700 a job "saved" and still Carrier is moving jobs to Mexico. Donny did nothing because he has no power to do anything.

As for the border, wake me up when this wall is built.

Offline Applewood

Trump is America First and that is the reason why he won. The American people are tired of being the loser on trade deals. Do you really think Kasich or Jeb or Rubio or Christie would have saved Carrier jobs? Do you really think they would have closed the border?

The Republicans who ran were all globalist free trade types...the types who sell out the US workers, the ones who require 2500 page trade deals where the uS always gets the shit deal..

Give Trump a chance..
@Oceander
@Frank Cannon

We don't know that Trump will do anything about the border situation.  And as for "saving Carrier jobs" -- remember Solyndra? 

Offline Cripplecreek

You are a mindless drone. Pence saved Carrier by using IA taxpayers money to bride them to stay. It is costing the taxpayers $700 a job "saved" and still Carrier is moving jobs to Mexico. Donny did nothing because he has no power to do anything.

As for the border, wake me up when this wall is built.

They also claimed Trump saved Ford jobs as well but that was Ohio offering big tax breaks

Offline musiclady

Yes !!  I did not know those people before Trump took over their souls but I have known many people over at TOS that I really, really admired who became corrupted and actually became different people when Trump somehow took over their minds.

They were both delightful people, with whom I agreed on many subjects (some of which are diametrically opposed to what Trump believes).

Like the people on TOS, they completely changed when Trump became their god, and now it seems their only purpose here is to mock and deride.  (When is the last time you've seen a thoughtful, positive post from ANY of the Trump lovers here??)

Some people think that this nastiness was always under the surface, but I'm not sure.  I think Trump love really changes people for the worse (not voting for Trump, but being a mindless groupie).

It really is sad to see.

Online Lando Lincoln

It would have been different if Clinton or Trump wanted a recount in Michigan but Stein is a 1 percenter who simply isn't going to change the outcome in her favor. Schuette mentioning a recount hindering Michigan's electoral college vote is interesting. I think he's basically accusing Stein of trying to prevent Michigan's EC votes from being counted.

"If allowed to proceed, the statewide hand recount could cost Michigan taxpayers millions of dollars and would put Michigan voters at risk of being disenfranchised in the electoral college," Schuette, in a filing signed by Chief Legal Counsel Matthew Schneider, said in asking the Michigan Supreme Court for immediate consideration of his petition barring a recount.

There it is.  The true intent.
John Steinbeck

Offline Cripplecreek

Bill Schuette is a very sharp guy. He'll make a great governor.

Offline R4 TrumPence

Quote from: Lando Lincoln =topic=236613.msg1158594#msg1158594 date=1480718324

You are correct. If the dems can get those three states tied up where they can't certify, then the congress votes.

The reason for this is not to change the outcome, but so the dems can keep the narrative out there that Trump didn't legitimately win. Same as they did Bush.  :patriot:
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 09:24:24 am by R4 TrumPence »

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Oceander

Depends on what you mean by legitimately win.  He appears to have won the Electoral College, which is certainly legitimate, but he appears to have lost the popular vote, which means he is a technical winner only and does not have a mandate.  That this would weaken him is par for the course, and the democrats are entitled to have at it.  The same would take place if the shoe were on the other foot. 

Offline R4 TrumPence

Depends on what you mean by legitimately win.  He appears to have won the Electoral College, which is certainly legitimate, but he appears to have lost the popular vote, which means he is a technical winner only and does not have a mandate.  That this would weaken him is par for the course, and the democrats are entitled to have at it.  The same would take place if the shoe were on the other foot.
There is a reason there is an electoral college.  To keep New York and California from electing a president. If you adhere to and believe in the constitution you would never question it!!!
He is not weakened. That is democrat spin, which must be your belief too. 
I always thought you were a dem.  Now I know you are.  The only people that challenge the electoral college are!!!
 He had 306 to her 235. THAT IS A MANDATE!! Along with all the other races.  Aside from NC.  The dems stole it here from our governor.  Every republican won by a good margin but him. Due to Durham County being allowed to stay open much later due to supposed voting problems.  NC has  17 days of early voting, so this is bullshit!
So you keep parroting the dem talking points. It is befitting of you!

The GOP HAD A GREAT election and we are happy as hell

You on the other hand have nothing! 888high58888 :tongue2:
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 10:59:55 am by R4 TrumPence »

Oceander

There is a reason there is an electoral college.  To keep New York and California from electing a president. If you adhere to and believe in the constitution you would never question it!!!
He is not weakened. That is democrat spin, which must be your belief too. 
I always thought you were a dem.  Now I know you are.  The only people that challenge the electoral college are!!!
 He had 306 to her 235. THAT IS A MANDATE!! Along with all the other races.  Aside from NC.  The dems stole it here from our governor.  Every republican won by a good margin but him. Due to Durham County being allowed to stay open much later due to supposed voting problems.  NC has  17 days of early voting, so this is bullshit!
So you keep parroting the dem talking points. It is befitting of you!

The GOP HAD A GREAT election and we are happy as hell

You on the other hand have nothing! 888high58888 :tongue2:

First, you don't know diddly about me, as is evident from your post.  Try again; or rather, please don't, it gets tiresome.

Second, he's already repudiated a whole slew of those campaign promises you said were the only reason he was worth voting for.  What happened to that holy vow made during the debate that if he won he would have Clinton investigated?   That was a solemn vow then, but it's nothing more than a turd on his shoes now that he got what he wanted out of you.  And the wall?  Whatever happened to that?  Now we have amnesty in all but name. 

I've got plenty: mostly the thrill of watching just how far you can contort yourself mentally trying to convince yourself that his lies really weren't lies. 

And lastly, the Electoral College serves many good purposes - I wholeheartedly agree with it, as you would know if you ever read what I posted instead of reading what you thought I posted - but creating a popular mandate is not one of them.  One of the purposes of the electoral college is to bring certainty in a reasonably short period of time to a process that by its nature could drag on forever.  That it does with dispatch.  However, it does it sometimes despite the popular will; it is not always in conformity with the popular will.  And in those cases, you get a president who lacks a popular mandate; who cannot blithely assume that a majority of the populace wants him to enact his agenda. 

That is what Trump is: a technical winner who lacks a popular mandate.  Get used to it, or you're going to end up being even more disappointed than you will be in any event, as he tacks further and further to the left - on that point you could consult with Ann Coulter, who has already called him on that. 

Offline R4 TrumPence

First, you don't know diddly about me, as is evident from your post.  Try again; or rather, please don't, it gets tiresome.

Second, he's already repudiated a whole slew of those campaign promises you said were the only reason he was worth voting for.  What happened to that holy vow made during the debate that if he won he would have Clinton investigated?   That was a solemn vow then, but it's nothing more than a turd on his shoes now that he got what he wanted out of you.  And the wall?  Whatever happened to that?  Now we have amnesty in all but name. 

I've got plenty: mostly the thrill of watching just how far you can contort yourself mentally trying to convince yourself that his lies really weren't lies. 

And lastly, the Electoral College serves many good purposes - I wholeheartedly agree with it, as you would know if you ever read what I posted instead of reading what you thought I posted - but creating a popular mandate is not one of them.  One of the purposes of the electoral college is to bring certainty in a reasonably short period of time to a process that by its nature could drag on forever.  That it does with dispatch.  However, it does it sometimes despite the popular will; it is not always in conformity with the popular will.  And in those cases, you get a president who lacks a popular mandate; who cannot blithely assume that a majority of the populace wants him to enact his agenda. 

That is what Trump is: a technical winner who lacks a popular mandate.  Get used to it, or you're going to end up being even more disappointed than you will be in any event, as he tacks further and further to the left - on that point you could consult with Ann Coulter, who has already called him on that.

I know exactly who you are....
i have watched you up close for MANY YEARS..
The GOP has a huge mandate and to keep from getting INTO the sewer that you like to swim in.... I will say this....TRUMP IS NOT THE PRESIDENT YET...... WHY NOT WAIT UNTIL AFTER THE INAUGURATION.

You have  no idea who he  is.......JUST WAIT AND SEE!
YOU NEVER TRUMP PEOPLE ARE THE ANGRY ONES... YOU CANT STAND THAT WE ARE RIGHT!!!!
PITY YOU....   

• Technical

He's saying Trump doesn't have a mandate, which I agree with. Not that Trump shouldn't be President. Do you agree there is a difference between these two positions?

Oceander

I know exactly who you are....
i have watched you up close for MANY YEARS..
The GOP has a huge mandate and to keep from getting INTO the sewer that you like to swim in.... I will say this....TRUMP IS NOT THE PRESIDENT YET...... WHY NOT WAIT UNTIL AFTER THE INAUGURATION.

You have  no idea who he  is.......JUST WAIT AND SEE!
YOU NEVER TRUMP PEOPLE ARE THE ANGRY ONES... YOU CANT STAND THAT WE ARE RIGHT!!!!
PITY YOU....   

Whatever.  At least I know it's rude to shout in ALL CAPS, and that shouting in ALL CAPS is a pretty good indicator of who the angry hater is. 

• Technical
Whatever.  At least I know it's rude to shout in ALL CAPS, and that shouting in ALL CAPS is a pretty good indicator of who the angry hater is.

I see shades of JimRob in that reply. Am I alone?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 12:28:32 pm by Weird Tolkienish Figure »