Author Topic: Millennials attend ‘The Adulting School’ to learn how to grow up  (Read 1132 times)

rangerrebew

Millennials attend ‘The Adulting School’ to learn how to grow up
November 29, 2016
By Victor Skinner

Shares 44

PORTLAND, Maine – Millennials are going back to school, to learn how to be adults.

“The Adulting School’s first official session took place last week,” The Guardian reports. “During their early presentation, on time management, a number of 26-year-old attendees trickled in late.

“Reports from the summit make it sound not unlike an office party for dogs – participants waggingly sniffing each other, being told when and where to sit. They’d been sent by their parents. There were cupcakes in the afternoon.”adulting

The Adulting School – a Portland, Maine based operation founded by a teacher and psychotherapist – aims show millennials how to do things as an adult they should have learned from their parents, such as how to open a savings account, make a bed, clean a kitchen, and other mundane but important life skills.

From The Adulting School website:

http://eagnews.org/millennials-attend-the-adulting-school-to-learn-how-to-grow-up/
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 04:45:52 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Re: Millennials attend ‘The Adulting School’ to learn how to grow up
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 05:06:00 pm »
For the love of Mike. What is wrong with these people. Who's been feeding them and doing this carp for them all these years.  ****slapping
You should be able to get an average twelve year old to know how to do this stuff. They can't clean a kitchen or make a bed, I guess that two more things I'll have to thank my momma for teaching me at a young age.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline chae

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 05:25:51 pm »
Open a savings account?  REALLY??? 
You go into a bank and say "who do I see about opening a savings account?"  It's not rocket science!!!

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2016, 06:24:37 pm »
Open a savings account?  REALLY??? 
You go into a bank and say "who do I see about opening a savings account?"  It's not rocket science!!!

Yeah, I'm not sure it passes the smell test.  Maybe these people do exist, but their problem isn't with being a Millennial, but more of having had a very dysfunctional upbringing.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2016, 06:36:58 pm »
Generation Participation Trophy
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2016, 03:48:51 am »
Maybe these people do exist, but their problem isn't with being a Millennial, but more of having had a very dysfunctional upbringing.
Well, this is what you get when you let no-fault divorce run amok, and let the media and the public education system build your kid's mindset.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2016, 03:57:09 am »
Well, this is what you get when you let no-fault divorce run amok, and let the media and the public education system build your kid's mindset.

AND- totally abdicate your parental responsibilities.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2016, 04:34:50 am »
For the love of Mike. What is wrong with these people. Who's been feeding them and doing this carp for them all these years.  ****slapping
You should be able to get an average twelve year old to know how to do this stuff. They can't clean a kitchen or make a bed, I guess that two more things I'll have to thank my momma for teaching me at a young age.

By twelve I had been guided by my parents, grandparents and Boy Scouts, to be able to perform basics of living. 

At 18 my Dad kicked me out. I was ready in most ways for the experience of being a self-supporting adult. Married my only wife at 19 (17 for her), and we are about to celebrate 49 years.

The blank look, hollow eyes of some of these snowflakes when discussing grown up matters, is only too common.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln