Author Topic: It's Official: Trump has chosen retired Marine Gen. James "Mad Dog" Mattis for secretary of defense  (Read 3208 times)

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Much better than the staff pukes that ran the Pentagon under Obama.

That's really a key point.  The SoD has more influence than anyone else in determining flag rank promotions.  Mattis knows the warriors from the SJW weasels, and would be instrumental in ensuring that the warriors -- and sharp REMF types not bound by SJW conventions -- rise to higher leadership positions.

He'd also likely have a good bit of influence in helping select service heads -- Secretaries of the Navy, Army, and Air Force, and will prefer those who focus on military effectiveness/efficiency versus social justice.

I don't care how much experience he has in procurement, etc..  What is needed is someone who is a good judge of the character and intelligence of others, because he can always bring on the right procurement/contracting experts.

This is an absolute home-run pick that I'd never have imagined prior to the election.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
That's really a key point.  The SoD has more influence than anyone else in determining flag rank promotions.  Mattis knows the warriors from the SJW weasels, and would be instrumental in ensuring that the warriors -- and sharp REMF types not bound by SJW conventions -- rise to higher leadership positions.

He'd also likely have a good bit of influence in helping select service heads -- Secretaries of the Navy, Army, and Air Force, and will prefer those who focus on military effectiveness/efficiency versus social justice.

I don't care how much experience he has in procurement, etc..  What is needed is someone who is a good judge of the character and intelligence of others, because he can always bring on the right procurement/contracting experts.

This is an absolute home-run pick that I'd never have imagined prior to the election.

On this we are in 100% agreement!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline SirLinksALot

« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 04:53:38 pm by SirLinksALot »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Well it used to be the war department after all.  :smokin:

I posted this on Facebook and was hit hard by a liberal friend.  He thinks Saudi Arabia was responsible for 9-11 and that we went to war against the wrong people.

Here is his quote:
Fred Steadman That's the fun part. After billions of dollars and hundreds of thousands of lives, we didn't end up in control of the oil. The 911 perps were Saudi Arabians, but we won't be starting a war with them any time soon. Iran is ripe though

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.