Author Topic: More Bad News For Jill Stein As Pennsylvania Judge Blocks Recount Petitions  (Read 996 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: ZERO HEDGE

URL: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-12-01/more-bad-news-jill-stein-pennsylvania-judge-blocks-recount-petitions

As most people are still trying to figure out exactly what Jill Stein is doing and why she's doing it, a judge in Montgomery County Pennsylvania, just north of Philadelphia, has decided he's seen enough.  After hearing arguments from attorneys representing Jill Stein’s campaign and the Montgomery County Board of Elections, Judge Bernard A. Moore dismissed the petitions of voters in 78 precincts to recount votes or forensically analyze voting machines due a lack of evidence and improperly filed petitions.  Per The Times Herald of Montgomery County:

What we keep going back to is that our voting machines are not connected to the internet,” said board of elections Solicitor Nicole Forzato. “Montgomery County takes great, great pride in being concerned about its infrastructure for IT generally, and they have gone through a vigorous process to make sure our technology general, including voter services technology and the voting machines are safe and secure to use. ”

The judge did not give an explanation of his dismissal, but objections made by Forzato focused on two areas: first, that there was insufficient evidence to suggest that the machines had been tampered with in any way and second, that the petitions were not filed properly with the proper fees.

Stein campaign attorney Ilann Maazel argued that voting machines throughout Pennsylvania were vulnerable to hacking. He stated that the effort to request a recount or analysis of the machines was to make sure every vote was counted.

We know that Donald Trump won the vote of machines in Pennsylvania. We want to know who won the vote of the people,” Maazel said.

Maazel also argued that the manner in which the petitions were filed, county-by-county and district-by-district, was a result of “byzantine” election statutes in the commonwealth.

“They’re requiring fees that don’t exist, they are proposing deadlines that don’t exist,” Maazel said. “The Republican Party is saying that over 27,000 people in 9,000 districts have to request a recount or there can’t be a recount anywhere. What kind of system is that? That is a disgrace.

Of course, this result is not terribly shocking given that even Jill Stein admits there is "no evidence of fraud at the ballot box."

Dr. Jill Stein: At this point, there is no evidence of fraud at the ballot box https://t.co/kmTJr2r9XX https://t.co/WgtiXav4WX
— CNN Politics (@CNNPolitics) November 29, 2016

As we noted yesterday, Jill Stein was also defeated in a Wisconsin court for failing to present any credible evidence of vote tampering.

While this should come as a shock to precisely no one other than some disaffected Hillary supporters who were hoping for a miracle, Jill Stein's request for a full "hand recount" in the state of Wisconsin has officially been denied by Dane County Circuit Judge Valerie Bailey-Rihn.  According to the StarTribune, the request was denied after the judge found that Stein failed to show any mistakes or irregularities that would bring a machine recount into question.

A Wisconsin judge has refused to order local officials to conduct the state's presidential recount by hand.

Green Party presidential candidate Jill Stein requested the recount last week. She alleged — without evidence — that the state's voting equipment may have been hacked.

The state Elections Commission has ordered the recount to begin Thursday but rejected Stein's request that county clerks conduct the recount entirely by hand. Stein filed a lawsuit seeking an order for a statewide hand recount.

Stein's attorneys argued during a hearing Tuesday evening that the best way to determine if a cyberattack occurred is to check ballots by hand against electronic tabulations from Election Day. State lawyers countered there's no evidence to suggest any attack took place.

Dane County Circuit Judge Valerie Bailey-Rihn refused to issue the order, saying Stein's team failed to show any mistakes or irregularities that would bring a machine recount into question.

It's time to let this one go, Jill.  It was a good effort.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 04:58:33 pm by SirLinksALot »

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
“We know that Donald Trump won the vote of machines in Pennsylvania. We want to know who won the vote of the people,” Maazel said.

Aww, ain't that cute. Liberals trying to string words in clever rhetorical arrangements to make you think they actually have facts on their side, but without any burden of proof.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Frank Cannon

Didn't I just post this 20 minutes ago?

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,236491.0.html

People need to start searching to see if stuff was posted yet or not. These multiple threads are getting to be a pain in the ass.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I'm just going to say that I'll bet Stein wasn't bad looking in her day.

And I know how much it would cheer her up to hear that.

Offline SirLinksALot

Didn't I just post this 20 minutes ago?

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,236491.0.html

People need to start searching to see if stuff was posted yet or not. These multiple threads are getting to be a pain in the ass.

I clicked on the above link you posted and here's what I got:

An Error Has Occurred!
The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.

Online libertybele

..."Of course, this result is not terribly shocking given that even Jill Stein admits there is "no evidence of fraud at the ballot box.""

If there is no evidence for fraud and the machines aren't connected to the internet; then Jill, why in the hell are you demanding a recount? Hmm.. you raised money to pay for the recount and perhaps you raised money to either pay off debt or pocket it.  You ARE one of Hillary's deplorables!  Trump won Jill, you need to get over yourself. You ripped off the public and lead them to believe that there was a chance that a recount would actually make a difference!  Shame on you Jill Stein, shame on you.  Of course we all know that liberals know no shame.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 07:18:58 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

I'm just going to say that I'll bet Stein wasn't bad looking in her day.

And I know how much it would cheer her up to hear that.

Perhaps, but she's still just as ugly on the inside.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
..."Of course, this result is not terribly shocking given that even Jill Stein admits there is "no evidence of fraud at the ballot box.""

If there is no evidence for fraud and the machines aren't connected to the internet; then Jill, why in the hell are you demanding a recount? Hmm.. you raised money to pay for the recount and perhaps you raised money to either pay off debt or pocket it.  You ARE one of Hillary's deplorables!  Trump won Jill, you need to get over yourself. You ripped off the public and lead them to believe that there was a chance that a recount would actually make a difference!  Shame on you Jill Stein, shame on you.  Of course we all know that liberals know no shame.

What's kind of funny is that she's not even appealing these losses in court.  Which means she gets the money but doesn't even have to pay for a full recount.