Author Topic: Breitbart goes to war with Kellogg's over move to pull ads  (Read 8996 times)

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Re: Breitbart goes to war with Kellogg's over move to pull ads
« Reply #75 on: December 06, 2016, 12:01:24 am »
I'm not sure. Partly because Carson didn't look very good doing a U-turn and endorsing the man who once
likened his temper to "a pathological disease" as incurable as the disease of child molestation, and partly
because Donaldus Minimus from all indications rejects guidance of any kind on morality. Which is,
unfortunately, a too-close relative to too many of his supporters during the campaign who played the
card of we're-not-electing-a-saint-or-holy-man-you-miserable-pudknockers! at least as loudly as the
Who used to play concerts.

Carson may now be Donaldus Minimus's choice for secretary of housing and urban development, but it
doesn't mean Carson has any kind of invitation to offer any kind of moral, social, or spiritual guidance.
(Considering Carson's previous career as a surgeon, I'm pretty sure Donaldus Minimus would reject
any kind of moral, social, or spiritual guidance Carson might offer as coming from someone who isn't
competent to offer what he isn't really looking for in the first place.)

Actually I wonder if Trump didn't intentionally choose a neophyte to run HUD. I guarantee that Trump himself knows far more about HUD than Carson does.  After all, HUD is more of a money laundering agency.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #76 on: December 06, 2016, 12:11:01 am »
Actually I wonder if Trump didn't intentionally choose a neophyte to run HUD. I guarantee that Trump himself knows far more about HUD than Carson does.  After all, HUD is more of a money laundering agency.
If his daddy was a real slumlord, then he knew how to cash in on subsidized housing.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #77 on: December 06, 2016, 12:36:38 am »
If his daddy was a real slumlord, then he knew how to cash in on subsidized housing.

HUD has long been an open joke.

Remember the Eddie Murphy claymation series "The PJs"?  They had to pay off the HUD rep and going to the HUD office was like the gates of hell.

Robbin HUD
www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6ZAJPtGrPc
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 12:37:58 am by Cripplecreek »

Silver Pines

« Reply #78 on: December 06, 2016, 12:45:32 am »
I generally don't eat breakfast cereal. I don't well around carbs...

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

I love cereal, but I like to limit my carbs, too.  It helps maintain good weight.  I'm going to have a splurge day, though, so I can try chocolate and peanut butter Pop Tarts.

Silver Pines

« Reply #79 on: December 06, 2016, 12:55:02 am »

Yeah and where does supporting a guy who brags about grabbing women by the bleep figure into all of that?

Your pious self-righteousness is completely phony.

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

888bravo

Boycotts are too group-think for me personally.  I could get rid of my TV because actors are liberal, stop listening to music because singers/bands are, too, and give up shopping at Target.  But I'm not going to do any of that.  Eventually I'll end up sitting in a room with a checkerboard and no place to buy things, so forget it.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #80 on: December 06, 2016, 01:01:20 am »

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

888bravo

Boycotts are too group-think for me personally.  I could get rid of my TV because actors are liberal, stop listening to music because singers/bands are, too, and give up shopping at Target.  But I'm not going to do any of that.  Eventually I'll end up sitting in a room with a checkerboard and no place to buy things, so forget it.

I'm just not interested in putting more Americans out of work.

Hardly anyone my age who went to gradeschool in southern Michigan didn't take at least 1 field trip to the Kellogg's plant in Battle Creek.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #81 on: December 06, 2016, 01:10:13 am »
Something about this greatly disturbs me:

1. It is completely fine and normal for some sort of group, like a PAC, religious group, or group of citizens to call out a company to boycott.

2. Breitbart is not a PAC, charity, religious organization or anything like that. They are a media business whose revenue is generated selling advertising.

3. Kellogg's is in the business of selling food products.  Advertising is a product Kellogg's buys, not a product they sell.

4. Breitbart, for all intents and purposes, is shaking down Kellogg's to do business with them, saying 'you will buy advertising from us or we will trash you and rile up our reader mob against you.

Silver Pines

« Reply #82 on: December 06, 2016, 03:37:57 am »

Hardly anyone my age who went to gradeschool in southern Michigan didn't take at least 1 field trip to the Kellogg's plant in Battle Creek.

@Cripplecreek

That, too.  I'm tired of the games.  Let's boycott this company to show we belong over here with X....well, it isn't a game to the people who are put out of work.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #83 on: December 06, 2016, 11:07:18 am »
@Cripplecreek

That, too.  I'm tired of the games.  Let's boycott this company to show we belong over here with X....well, it isn't a game to the people who are put out of work.

While Trump hasn't weighed in on Kellogg that I'm aware of his past behavior has been to encourage attacks on those who are "disloyal" to him.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #84 on: December 06, 2016, 12:55:00 pm »

When I was 12, our family drove to Michigan to visit a cousin who just landed a job working as a engineer at Ford. He told my mom and dad to take the girls to the Kellogg's tour, we would love it.

I remember women picking out bunt corn flakes on a line and my sister and I thought it was the best job in the world.

I can't eat cold cereal anymore, pop tarts, I can have warm cereal. So if Kellogg's makes oatmeal or grits or anything like that, I'll buy it. Ironically, Post is making my liquid protein drinks.

@Cripplecreek
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Silver Pines

« Reply #85 on: December 06, 2016, 02:41:49 pm »
While Trump hasn't weighed in on Kellogg that I'm aware of his past behavior has been to encourage attacks on those who are "disloyal" to him.

@Cripplecreek

When you put a few keywords into google, you can come up with TOS threads and see those cultic idiots cheering the tanking of Macy's stock and the loss of jobs.  GeorgiaGirl said it was the fault of Macy's CEO; he hurt poor baby Trump with his disloyalty.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #86 on: December 06, 2016, 02:49:02 pm »
Tried to convince my wife to buy some breakfast cereal this week at the grocery store, was a no-go unfortunately. Will try next week.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #87 on: December 06, 2016, 02:50:51 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

I've stopped shopping at Macy's because of the economy. I get better deals at Kohls, Target and believe it or not, Amazon.

For cosmetics it's Ulta or Sally. Or Costco or BJ's for other items.

I can't afford Macy's or Nordstrom's (unless it's Nordstom Rack) or Bloomies  anymore for clothes.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #88 on: December 06, 2016, 03:12:25 pm »
@Cripplecreek

When you put a few keywords into google, you can come up with TOS threads and see those cultic idiots cheering the tanking of Macy's stock and the loss of jobs.  GeorgiaGirl said it was the fault of Macy's CEO; he hurt poor baby Trump with his disloyalty.

Nazi "Capitalism" allowed private industry to operate but only with complete obedience and loyalty to the state. The nazis closed their markets to imports in most cases (until they seized control of those nations). They dictated where factories would operate, who they would hire (or use), what they would produce, how much the products would cost, and even who would be CEO of those companies.

One of the things I think a lot of people missed in the movie "Schindler's List" was Schindler's fight to keep control of his company while trying to keep a semblance of loyalty to the nazis. The nazis warned him that he only lived in comfort because of his good standing with the party but that comfort could be taken away along with his business at any moment.

Offline ABX

« Reply #89 on: December 06, 2016, 03:26:58 pm »
Nazi "Capitalism" allowed private industry to operate but only with complete obedience and loyalty to the state. The nazis closed their markets to imports in most cases (until they seized control of those nations). They dictated where factories would operate, who they would hire (or use), what they would produce, how much the products would cost, and even who would be CEO of those companies.

One of the things I think a lot of people missed in the movie "Schindler's List" was Schindler's fight to keep control of his company while trying to keep a semblance of loyalty to the nazis. The nazis warned him that he only lived in comfort because of his good standing with the party but that comfort could be taken away along with his business at any moment.

Volksgemeinschaft- major industry was allowed to prosper only if it was loyal to the party and the party deemed it beneficial to the people first. Translated, Cronyism.

I wonder how long until we see a version of Lebensraum too?

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #90 on: December 06, 2016, 04:15:02 pm »
Volksgemeinschaft- major industry was allowed to prosper only if it was loyal to the party and the party deemed it beneficial to the people first. Translated, Cronyism.

I wonder how long until we see a version of Lebensraum too?

The left and now some on the right like to declare that Hitler destroyed the unions. The reality is that the nazis disbanded unions as separate individual entities only to put them under 1 roof of the German Labor Front. Management was also forced into the labor front.

The trade unions that were swayed by Marxist teaching did not want social peace. They calculated that their chances of acquiring political power would improve with the growing dissatisfaction of the workers. One of the first necessities with which the Hitler Government found itself faced was that of dissolving the organizations that kept alive the antagonism between employers and employees. They were replaced by the Labour Front. - Robert Ley (Hitler's version of Trumpka)

Workers of all lands, unite — to smash the rule of English capitalism! You young upward-striving nations of the earth, combine to annihilate the old English dragon who blocks the treasures of the earth and withholds from you the riches of the world. -Robert Ley

Silver Pines

« Reply #91 on: December 06, 2016, 05:25:31 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

I've stopped shopping at Macy's because of the economy. I get better deals at Kohls, Target and believe it or not, Amazon.

For cosmetics it's Ulta or Sally. Or Costco or BJ's for other items.

I can't afford Macy's or Nordstrom's (unless it's Nordstom Rack) or Bloomies  anymore for clothes.

@Freya

I never liked Macy's, just for the reason that the one here in our town always looks like they're getting ready to pack up and leave.  They don't have a good selection, and the second floor is half bare.  Also their merchandise seems really overpriced for what it is, IMO.

I still haven't given up on Kohl's, even though their quality has dropped.  I have items from them which are a few years old, and they're very well made.  Now you can buy a shirt and have holes show up after a few washings, even on gentle cycle/hang to dry.  But I still can find some good items here and there.  I've found some good stuff at Target, too.  I like to go in on the Monday before Thanksgiving....they have all of their Black Friday merchandise arranged on display, and if you're willing to pay a few more dollars, you can get it before the mob.

Amazon, huh?  Hmmm...

I buy a lot of makeup at CVS using the Extra Bucks program...you can stack those things with coupons and get stuff free.  A Sephora opened in our J.C. Penney store recently....I love it, even though it's more of a nook than a real store.

This is a small city...we don't have Nordstrom's, Dillard, or Bloomingdales.  My mother-in-law is a champion shopper...she goes out of town to hit those places.  The other day she called me from the beach and asked me what I wanted for Christmas.  I said a green handbag.  I am not kidding you, within half an hour she was sending me pics of half a dozen different ones she hunted down, lol.  The woman is skilled.

Offline thackney

« Reply #92 on: December 06, 2016, 05:37:48 pm »

Why does one mean the other?  No other choices for breakfast American made?
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #93 on: December 06, 2016, 06:07:11 pm »
Why does one mean the other?  No other choices for breakfast American made?

I'm guessing that Kellogg's and Post are the only big ones with large numbers of employees. (Kellogg's is the 2nd largest snack food company in the world after Pepsico.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kellogg%27s

Offline thackney

« Reply #94 on: December 06, 2016, 06:16:52 pm »
I'm guessing that Kellogg's and Post are the only big ones with large numbers of employees. (Kellogg's is the 2nd largest snack food company in the world after Pepsico.

Do you only buy food from extremely large companies?

I don't understand why you think this eliminates the choice of any other American food if not Kellogg?

Offline ABX

« Reply #95 on: December 06, 2016, 06:23:36 pm »
Considering Breitbart is doing what appears to be an unethical shakedown of Kellogg's, I think I'll buy extra of their product tonight when I go shopping.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #96 on: December 06, 2016, 06:33:09 pm »
Do you only buy food from extremely large companies?

I don't understand why you think this eliminates the choice of any other American food if not Kellogg?

I just don't want to put Americans out of work which is what will happen if a boycott of any American company is at all successful. As far as eliminating other choices, I never suggested that. People are free to make their own choices and Kellogg's should be free to buy advertising space wherever they choose.

If anything I'll go out of my way to buy certain products because they're made in the USA but beyond that I couldn't care less what corporate boards think.

Just last week I bought some Better Made chips after I saw the factory on a promotional bit for Detroit during a Lions game. (Also they were 2 for 1)

Offline thackney

« Reply #97 on: December 06, 2016, 07:09:34 pm »
I just don't want to put Americans out of work which is what will happen if a boycott of any American company is at all successful.

If you change from one American produced food to another American produced food, you don't hurt American jobs or the economy.

Make whatever choice you want, but in my opinion, this was a false reason.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #98 on: December 06, 2016, 09:05:57 pm »

@Freya

I never liked Macy's, just for the reason that the one here in our town always looks like they're getting ready to pack up and leave.  They don't have a good selection, and the second floor is half bare.  Also their merchandise seems really overpriced for what it is, IMO.

It might be closing.  As soon as Macy's bought out the old Kaufman's chain in Pittsburgh, they started "downsizing" the flagship store.  Crammed 12 floors into 7.  Eventually, those 7 floors started to look bare.  Kmart looked more upscale.  Finally, the store closed altogether.  We have a lot of older  people here who don't like malls and enjoyed going downtown.  Now they can't because there are no more major department stores downtown.  It's sad.

Offline ABX

« Reply #99 on: December 06, 2016, 09:11:09 pm »
A funny note. Since Breitbart started their attack, Kellogg's stock has gone up. They closed Friday, the day of the big attack at 70.84. They closed today at 71.97
http://finance.yahoo.com/quote/k?ltr=1

The have an upward SMA trend right now.