Author Topic: Breitbart goes to war with Kellogg's over move to pull ads  (Read 8985 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Re: Breitbart goes to war with Kellogg's over move to pull ads
« Reply #100 on: December 06, 2016, 09:30:18 pm »
A funny note. Since Breitbart started their attack, Kellogg's stock has gone up. They closed Friday, the day of the big attack at 70.84. They closed today at 71.97
http://finance.yahoo.com/quote/k?ltr=1

The have an upward SMA trend right now.

In the immortal words of Rocky from Bugs and Thugs, "That'll teach yez!"

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #101 on: December 06, 2016, 10:41:11 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

I've stopped shopping at Macy's because of the economy. I get better deals at Kohls, Target and believe it or not, Amazon.

For cosmetics it's Ulta or Sally. Or Costco or BJ's for other items.

I can't afford Macy's or Nordstrom's (unless it's Nordstom Rack) or Bloomies  anymore for clothes.
I've been able to find some good deals on Macy's Web site. You just have to time it right. I think half of my shirts (three flannels and two black short-sleeve button-downs) are from Macy's, all of them only cost me $10 each.

Now, granted, I'm not a fan of some of what Macy's does, but I have found that they've been getting more within my reach and are getting down toward K-Mart and Kohl's in their affordability.

(I took one look at Nordstrom a while back and wonder to myself "how can ANYONE justify paying that much for that stuff?")
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Silver Pines

« Reply #102 on: December 07, 2016, 03:34:53 pm »
It might be closing.  As soon as Macy's bought out the old Kaufman's chain in Pittsburgh, they started "downsizing" the flagship store.  Crammed 12 floors into 7.  Eventually, those 7 floors started to look bare.  Kmart looked more upscale.  Finally, the store closed altogether.  We have a lot of older  people here who don't like malls and enjoyed going downtown.  Now they can't because there are no more major department stores downtown.  It's sad.

@Applewood

I'd agree with you, but the place has been open for years and it's looked the same since day one, lol. 

Before them, the building was occupied by a Hecht's store.  I don't know if they're regional, or what, but they were great....the store was packed with good stuff.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #103 on: December 07, 2016, 03:35:59 pm »
JC Penney here has started putting merchandise in the aisles and I could not walk around without knocking shit off of the racks. So annoying.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #104 on: December 08, 2016, 06:33:44 am »
4. Breitbart, for all intents and purposes, is shaking down Kellogg's to do business with them, saying 'you will buy advertising from us or we will trash you and rile up our reader mob against you.
How dare you besmirch the journalistic integrity of Trumpbart?!?   :nono:

That is going to get you put on a list. 

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #105 on: December 08, 2016, 12:16:29 pm »
   I hope my Lab eats Kellogg, she eats anything, haven't turned on my disposal since I got her.

I don't, but I will buy some next time at the local A&P.

Didn't know that about Labs.  It's been an uphill struggle to keep my Great Pyrenees from consuming the contents of the garbage can and all manner of other unlikely things.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #106 on: December 08, 2016, 02:16:43 pm »
I've been able to find some good deals on Macy's Web site. You just have to time it right. I think half of my shirts (three flannels and two black short-sleeve button-downs) are from Macy's, all of them only cost me $10 each.

Now, granted, I'm not a fan of some of what Macy's does, but I have found that they've been getting more within my reach and are getting down toward K-Mart and Kohl's in their affordability.

(I took one look at Nordstrom a while back and wonder to myself "how can ANYONE justify paying that much for that stuff?")

Regarding Nordstrom's, back in the day when I worked on Wall Street and London, I HAD to dress accordingly. That meant spending money on clothes, makeup, the whole nine. And that was just for a couple of blouses and skirts and rotating them.

I was grateful I didn't have a family or I would have been broke. It was ridiculous. I'm glad people dress down a bit now for work.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 02:18:12 pm by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #107 on: December 08, 2016, 03:19:30 pm »
Kellogg's is still going up. 72.19 as of this post.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #108 on: December 08, 2016, 03:20:06 pm »
Kellogg's is still going up. 72.19 as of this post.

:thumbsup:

Breitbart fans are a bunch of cucks.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #109 on: December 08, 2016, 03:27:33 pm »

:thumbsup:

Breitbart fans are a bunch of cucks.

Yup. They bent over and spread their cheeks and told themselves that they liked it. (Maybe they do like it)