Author Topic: Kellyanne Conway tries to squash Trump feud rumors  (Read 1560 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kellyanne Conway tries to squash Trump feud rumors
« on: November 29, 2016, 01:35:55 pm »
Kellyanne Conway tries to squash Trump feud rumors

By Chris Perez

November 28, 2016 | 10:53pm |

Kellyanne Conway has thrown cold water on the rumors that there is a feud brewing between her and Donald Trump — tweeting out a picture of them both “working hard” on Monday night in the president-elect’s office.

The campaign manager-turned-transition aide took to Twitter to clear the air at around 7:35 p.m., just hours after a report surfaced on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” saying the billionaire was furious at her for going “rogue” and attacking Mitt Romney over the weekend.

more
http://nypost.com/2016/11/28/kellyanne-conway-tries-to-squash-trump-feud-rumors/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

Re: Kellyanne Conway tries to squash Trump feud rumors
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 01:40:41 pm »
If you have to say it ain't so, it's probably so. 

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 01:43:56 pm »
We will have a President who puts America first, the first one in decades.

Silver Pines

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2016, 01:47:05 pm »
Breaking: @JasonMillerinDC just told @megynkelly that Trump okayed  @KellyannePolls's bashing of @MittRomney beforehand.

@Cripplecreek

From Steve Deace's Twitter, re-tweeting The Reagan Battalion....don't know how to link on this thing yet.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2016, 01:49:05 pm »
Definitely sending a mixed message to/about Romney.
If he allowed her to go out on the news programs and talk about the supporters being upset about Romney, just what is he trying to say?
If he did not, and is covering for her now, what does that say?
The whole thing is weird.

Silver Pines

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2016, 02:00:02 pm »
If he allowed her to go out on the news programs and talk about the supporters being upset about Romney, just what is he trying to say?

@GrouchoTex

I think it's just Trump being true to what we know of him.  He's known to be vengeful; he set out to humiliate Romney.

Not a good indicator for his presidency.  Not at all.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2016, 02:01:40 pm »
Breaking: @JasonMillerinDC just told @megynkelly that Trump okayed  @KellyannePolls's bashing of @MittRomney beforehand.

@Cripplecreek

From Steve Deace's Twitter, re-tweeting The Reagan Battalion....don't know how to link on this thing yet.

Typical alinskyite manipulation of the public.

Silver Pines

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2016, 02:16:59 pm »
Typical alinskyite manipulation of the public.

@Cripplecreek

Yep.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2016, 02:22:21 pm »
@Cripplecreek

Yep.

I don't like Romney but this crap is getting real old real fast.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2016, 02:35:06 pm »
@GrouchoTex

I think it's just Trump being true to what we know of him.  He's known to be vengeful; he set out to humiliate Romney.

Not a good indicator for his presidency.  Not at all.

Not the first time Romney has been publicly scrutinized. He's been criticized about his bank account, children, liberalism, faith, you name it.  I believe he is rather diplomatic and of good moral character...something most lack in D.C.  I'm not quite so sure that I agree that Trump set out to humiliate him rather I think he is more interested in Romney because of his business ties, intelligence, personality and accurate prediction of Putin and is sincerely considering him as Secretary of State. I think he would represent the U.S. very well and would do a phenomenal job.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Silver Pines

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2016, 02:38:29 pm »
I don't like Romney but this crap is getting real old real fast.

@Cripplecreek

Same here; I've never been a Romney fan.  But he's making himself look bad by continuing to play Trump's petty game.  Mitt should have told him where to step off days ago.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2016, 02:45:16 pm »
We will have a President who puts America first, the first one in decades.

Seems to me Trump snd his crew are more interested in perpetrating this long running reality tv show.   Do we really have to have this manufactured drama every single day?

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2016, 02:52:41 pm »
@Cripplecreek

Same here; I've never been a Romney fan.  But he's making himself look bad by continuing to play Trump's petty game.  Mitt should have told him where to step off days ago.

It's like listening to a bunch of 8th grade girls creating their own drama.

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Silver Pines

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2016, 02:58:22 pm »
Not the first time Romney has been publicly scrutinized. He's been criticized about his bank account, children, liberalism, faith, you name it.  I believe he is rather diplomatic and of good moral character...something most lack in D.C.  I'm not quite so sure that I agree that Trump set out to humiliate him rather I think he is more interested in Romney because of his business ties, intelligence, personality and accurate prediction of Putin and is sincerely considering him as Secretary of State. I think he would represent the U.S. very well and would do a phenomenal job.

@libertybele

Well, I hope you're right, but judging from Trump's past behavior and from the information coming out now....I doubt it.  If it were anyone else, I would agree those qualities would be under examination.  Romney and Trump have opposing views on Russia...for that reason alone I'd be surprised if he chose Mitt.

I have a feeling it will be Petraeus.  I'm willing to bet Trump feels a kinship with him as a fellow philanderer.  Yes, that's a crazy standard, but that's 2016 for you.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2016, 03:00:33 pm »
Seems to me Trump snd his crew are more interested in perpetrating this long running reality tv show.   Do we really have to have this manufactured drama every single day?

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2016, 03:07:05 pm »

FWIT, I think Trump was surprised by the strong opposition to Romney. Remember, Romney not only trashed the candidate, but also spent some time trashing his "sucker" supporters.  Additionally, their international worldviews, including global economics, don't appear to be a good fit. 

Mike Huckabee was actually the first to talk about this opposition---and there was no public reaction from Romney.

Kellyanne may have been given the green light to talk about this opposition (the "trashing") in hopes that Romney would at least address the speeches/comments he made and actions he took against the candidate through both the primary and general election campaigns, or voluntarily withdraw his name from consideration.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2016, 03:11:24 pm »
I wonder if Trump is just trying to turn the Presidency into a reality show, and I will admit that it makes for fascinating viewing.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2016, 03:14:03 pm »
I can't remember a president-elect getting so much media attention and hype on his cabinet picks.  Good grief, anytime someone visits Trump the media speculates that Trump is offering them a cabinet position.  The media doesn't like Romney or Cruz and were more than eager to point out past differences between them and create rumors.  The media should focus on responsible and accurate journalism; reporting AFTER Trump makes his appointment, not speculating and reporting on their speculations.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.