Author Topic: The people have spoken and the bad losers in Britain and America - who think they know better - ignore them at their peril. (And if that sounds like a threat - it is!)  (Read 3299 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Nevertrumpers on THIS site sound EXACTLY like democrats-Hillary supporters, leftists, etc.

Same objections to Trump, and the election outcome.
Quit painting with that barn wide brush. Get over it. If he does right, I'll praise that, if he does wrong, I'll be on it like white on rice. I didn't support him, wouldn't vote for him, BECAUSE I'm a Constitutional Conservative. I wouldn't vote for the hag he was running against FOR THE SAME REASON.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

HonestJohn

If that was your point,  you missed the point entirely.

If one is unhappy about a situation... it's natural that one would want to do something to remedy it.

The OP was unhappy about how the densely populated areas of the country have the majority of the voters and can, therefore, command the majority of the popular vote.

Only one person in history actually tried to remedy it.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 02:08:29 am by HonestJohn »

geronl

I can't stand seeing this imbecilic headline and r-worded article in the New Posts...

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Even many who cast a vote for Trump can't really stand him.  They just hated Hillary more.

No argument there.

But he has no room to waggle a finger at "sore losers."  It was his own campaign shaming and bullying people into choosing "the lesser of two evils."  Only a few really like him.  Exit polls showed 60 something percent had a negative view of him (higher than Hillary, yet because of issues, they voted for him anyway).  Fifty some percent were either scared or very worried to see him as President.  Some of THOSE voted for him.  So no one can honestly claim that he has any sort of a mandate....

So?

...or that he even really won the election in any positive sense.  Hillary lost the election.  That's all you can say.   She lost the electoral college and it does matter.  But ignoring that a majority of those lesser evil voters thought Hillary was the lesser evil is ignoring reality.

True enough - that was why I voted for him as well.  But still...so what?

I was addressing @Oceander, who said that Trump supporters "need to deal with the fact that the American people are not on Trump's side.  And you need to deal with it fast."

And that statement/threat still makes zero sense to me.  What happens if someone doesn't "deal with it fast".  Go to bed with no dinner?  Get sternly lectured?  It's the emptiest of empty threats -meaningless braggadocio.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 05:15:57 am by Maj. Bill Martin »