Author Topic: Trump douses White House hopes of Cruz, Rubio and others  (Read 3420 times)

Oceander

Re: Trump douses White House hopes of Cruz, Rubio and others
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2016, 02:49:01 am »
Hopefully, it will be 8 years of Trump followed by 8 years of Pence. So, I see it as being far in the future when someone else will run on the ticket as President for the GOP besides Trump and Pence.

:bigsilly:

Offline rodamala

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2016, 02:31:31 pm »
PROTIP: Reduce the field during the primary debates quickly.  If this was ever allowed to be a 1 on 1 debate between Trump and Cruz... Trump would right now be off planning his next real estate swindle/reality TV show.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2016, 02:55:44 pm »
Have you read it, @Right_in_Virginia?  I have to admit I've only read parts of it.

AFAIK, the "Art of the Deal" is nothing more than situational ethics. I'll probably read it, though.

Bill Clinton displayed the same tendencies with "triangulation". The Democrats in Congress grumbled, but still dutifully fell in line. I fear that will play similarly during the Trump Administration. I simply don't see Ryan and McConnell displaying principled leadership, because their only principle is staying in office and gaining more power for themselves (as do 99% of politicians inside the Beltway).

The only way you really drain the swamp is to reduce the power of the federal teat.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2016, 02:56:28 pm »
PROTIP: Reduce the field during the primary debates quickly.  If this was ever allowed to be a 1 on 1 debate between Trump and Cruz... Trump would right now be off planning his next real estate swindle/reality TV show.

We can thank Kasich, can't we?
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2016, 03:00:43 pm »

Trump will destroy the GOP and conservatism.

The GOP has already been destroyed. As aside before the election, they aren't anymore.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2016, 03:03:25 pm »
The GOP has already been destroyed. As aside before the election, they aren't anymore.

The RNC has one person to thank for the results of 2016:  Hillary Rodham Clinton. Had the Democrats run anyone else, they'd have the White House and the Senate, and a narrow minority in the House.

HRC had more baggage than a Samsonite factory.

Offline 17 Oaks

• The Ranch in S Texas
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2016, 03:09:02 pm »

Trump will destroy the GOP and conservatism.
And that is a GOOD thing!  The GOP has left real Constitutional conservatives in the dust in their march to the left.  If the GOP does not reverse course and go back to its conservative roots it will only drive more people away from them.
Don:  Got here thru God, Guns and Guts, I speak John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere; this make ME: Christian, Conservative, Capitalist, Constitutionalist...

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2016, 03:12:17 pm »
And that is a GOOD thing!  The GOP has left real Constitutional conservatives in the dust in their march to the left.  If the GOP does not reverse course and go back to its conservative roots it will only drive more people away from them.

Welp, better hope what replaces it is something better. To me it looks like populism.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2016, 03:32:38 pm »
We can thank Kasich, can't we?

Yes, we can.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2016, 09:53:16 pm »
Hopefully, it will be 8 years of Trump followed by 8 years of Pence. So, I see it as being far in the future when someone else will run on the ticket as President for the GOP besides Trump and Pence.

What's the betting line here on Trump even lasting 4 years?  I want to get in.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2016, 11:07:07 pm »
How nice of Politico to keep the Republican circular firing squad active.

Both men will be in their fifties in four or eight years ... and will have benefited from a little more "seasoning", perfectly positioned for another run--or a couple of runs--at the gold ring.
Yep. If Trump continues to play his cards right he could a unifying force for the Republican party. We shall see; I wish the media would wait till he is sworn in to pull this nonsense.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour