Author Topic: The Left’s Dead End  (Read 714 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Left’s Dead End
« on: November 26, 2016, 02:58:24 pm »
November 26, 2016
The Left’s Dead End
By Andrew Solomon

The Left has no alternatives anymore.  When you buy a bag of hammers, it's just that, a bag of hammers with an occasional sickle thrown in.

The only reason chemotherapy is prescribed is because the oncologist still believes there is enough fight in the body to overcome the cancer.  However, when the entire body has been taken over, there is little use for any further attempts in using the lethal medicine.   It's over because there is more of the bad than the good.

So when the Left summons up the phrase Alt-Right perhaps we should take it as a compliment.  They are at least admitting that the majority of the right is good, salvageable and moral.  It's just that small percentage of whack jobs attached to the rest.  A little chemo and voila!

more
http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2016/11/the_lefts_deadend.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

Re: The Left’s Dead End
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2016, 03:11:52 pm »
Uh, Clinton - a terribly damaged candidate - still managed to win the popular vote, and with just a few vote changes here and there would have beaten Trump.  I would not write off the left by any length.

If Elizabeth Warren runs in 2020, she will probably beat Trump.

Wingnut

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2016, 05:20:42 pm »
Uh, Clinton - a terribly damaged candidate - still managed to win the popular vote, and with just a few vote changes here and there would have beaten Trump.  I would not write off the left by any length.

If Elizabeth Warren runs in 2020, she will probably beat Trump.

My mind is not infected like a liberals so I don't see the appeal of this Warren women.  :shrug:

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2016, 06:18:58 pm »
My mind is not infected like a liberals so I don't see the appeal of this Warren women.  :shrug:

Very true.  Every negative the Hildebeast had, Squaw Warren has more of.  Screechy?  Yup.  Rich without working?  Yup.  Contemptuous of productive Americans who have to take a shower after their workday?  Yupyup.

Now I wasn't and am not a big enthusiast of Trump; but if he does a decent job and just rolls back the most egregious of Obamaclusters, he'll have a landslide win.  And Squaw Warren will be as old as Her Hillaryness in eight years, and maybe just as sick.

Oceander

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2016, 06:42:01 pm »

I don't either.  But a substantial portion of the democrat base sees something in her, and if she were to run she would fire them up the way neither Clinton nor Sanders could.

geronl

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2016, 06:43:27 pm »
The left owns everything in this country now, including both parties

Oceander

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2016, 06:48:53 pm »
Very true.  Every negative the Hildebeast had, Squaw Warren has more of.  Screechy?  Yup.  Rich without working?  Yup.  Contemptuous of productive Americans who have to take a shower after their workday?  Yupyup.

Now I wasn't and am not a big enthusiast of Trump; but if he does a decent job and just rolls back the most egregious of Obamaclusters, he'll have a landslide win.  And Squaw Warren will be as old as Her Hillaryness in eight years, and maybe just as sick.

Won't happen.  It's not in Trump's - or the president's generally - bailiwick to undo things like Obamacare, so that stays (Trump will cut a deal with the democrats to keep most of Obamacare in exchange for one of his pet projects, like a little 100-mile demonstration "wall" in some obscure, little-traveled, even by illegals, stretch of the Rio Grande).  Executive orders are easy enough - in theory - but they tend to develop vested constituencies that makes it harder to undo them.  Also, the president cannot simply wave a magic wand and get rid of longstanding regulations she or he does not like.  So, most of the Obama-era regulations will stay in place (again, Trump will cut a deal with the democrats to keep most of those regulations in exchange for their support on one of his pet projects, perhaps some token infrastructure "investment" a la the $1 trillion "stimulus" that failed under Obama but which Trump has already promised to replicate.

Good luck with that.  Trump will muddle through, but he'll be forever tagged as another illegitimate president by the democrats due to the fact that Clinton won the popular vote, and Elizabeth Warren will have plenty of ammunition to throw at him.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2016, 10:08:44 am »
The left owns everything in this country now, including both parties
Yep. And many of the compromised don't even see it....yet, if ever.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis