Author Topic: Sony files to patent new contact lenses that can record video, store it, play it back.  (Read 1137 times)

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Sony files to patent new contact lenses that can record video, store it, play it back - and adjust zoom, focus and aperture automatically

Sony has come up with intelligent contact lenses capable of recording and playing video - all with the blink of an eye.

The Tokyo-based firm filed a patent application, published earlier this month, revealing how the smart lenses would use movements of the eyelids to activate various functions, CW33 reported.

Seven Japanese inventors designed the contacts, which would include a camera, a wireless processing unit and a storage unit.

This means the lenses could store their own video - unlike Samsung's smart lenses patented earlier this month, which rely on a smartphone.

Sony's smart contacts would use sensors to detect when a user closes an eyelid.

Depending on how long the eyelid remains closed, the lenses could distinguish voluntary movements from accidental blinking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4K0GdIBTm8

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3567402/Sony-patent-application-reveals-new-contact-lenses-record-video-store-play-adjust-zoom-focus-aperture-automatically.html#ixzz4S5gqOSTj
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
I can think of about a hundred times when I wish i would have had one of these back in the 80's.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Online Lando Lincoln

Extraordinary. 

Luis - I might be able to think of 101 times I'm glad I didn't have these back in the day.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

geronl

All the easier for male criminals to record crap while in the girls restrooms and showers.

Offline andy58-in-nh

I can think of about a hundred times when I wish i would have had one of these back in the 80's.
I can think of more than a few times when I am glad that I did not have one of these back in the '80s.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Wingnut

We are borg. 

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
This is kind of cool but the idea of putting anything in my eye gives me the shakes.

I've worn glasses since I was 4 years old and never once have I felt an urge to get contacts.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
It sounds like the "eye phones" in Futureama
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️