Author Topic: Obama Team In Despair Over Flynn Pick... By Marc A. Thiessen  (Read 590 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obama Team In Despair Over Flynn Pick... By Marc A. Thiessen
« on: November 25, 2016, 02:30:42 pm »
Obama Team In Despair Over Flynn Pick
By Marc A. Thiessen On 11/23/16 at 12:43 PM

This article first appeared on the American Enterprise Institute site.

If you thought the handwringing among the cast of Hamilton over the impending Trump presidency was bad, it apparently does not compare to the growing despair among the Obama White House team.

What has them most upset? The elevation of Steve Bannon or Jeff Sessions?

Try Newsweek for only $1.25 per week

No, it turns out that the most “devastating blow” was the selection of a fellow Democrat, Lieutenant General Michael Fynn, as national security adviser.

The Associated Press reports:

As Obama hopped from capital to capital, news of the emerging Trump administration followed him, dominating news conferences and private meetings with leaders…. Each time Air Force One landed in another foreign capital, cellphones buzzed and White House officials’ faces fell as the latest news came in about Trump’s team-in-waiting....

The selections deflated the hopes in the White House that Trump, faced with the awesome duty of running the nation, might tone it down after the campaign.

Of all the Trump’s choices, White House officials said it was the selection of Flynn that felt like the most devastating blow, given the immense authority the national security adviser has over matters of war and peace.

By the time Obama arrived in Peru, the creeping sense of despair among his aides was palpable.

more
http://www.newsweek.com/obama-team-despair-over-flynn-pick-524434
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Re: Obama Team In Despair Over Flynn Pick... By Marc A. Thiessen
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2016, 02:37:10 pm »
Isn't Flynn best known for his stance against this administration's dearest doctrine, Islamic expansionism?

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2016, 02:48:54 pm »
By the time Obama arrived in Peru, the creeping sense of despair among his aides was palpable.
Sounds good to me.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2016, 05:04:31 pm »
Sounds good to me.

:amen:  If they don't like it it MUST be good!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien