Author Topic: Emotional media execs have profanity laced meltdowns over media summit with ‘mean’ Trump  (Read 1227 times)

rangerrebew

Emotional media execs have profanity laced meltdowns over media summit with ‘mean’ Trump
November 22, 2016 | Tom Tillison | Print Article   

SHARE181 TWEET10 PIN0 PLUS0 EMAIL

The fall out from media bigwigs on the receiving end of a smack down of epic proportions from President-elect Donald Trump continues, with several participants whining to The New Yorker about how mean Trump was.

Four executives who attended the off-the-record meeting are quoted without being identified and if there’s a common theme in the remarks, it may be the liberal application of f-bombs.

“I have to tell you, I am emotionally f***ing pissed,’ said one of them. “How can this not influence coverage? […] After the meeting today, though – and I am being human with you here – I think, F*** him!”

Read more: http://www.bizpacreview.com/2016/11/22/emotional-media-execs-profanity-laced-meltdowns-media-summit-mean-trump-415639#ixzz4QplTTzj0

Offline 17 Oaks

• The Ranch in S Texas
This is what happens when you drink your own Kool Aid.

Not sure how many folks remember this, but its what I call the Worm paradox.  Several years back raising worms became a quick rich idea.  The folks selling the idea were honest, but did leave out one vital thing.  Worms are easy to raise.  Big wooden box filled with rich potting soil and then just dump your left overs in the box and the worms eat them and grow like crazy.  So many folks bought their boxes which raised better worms and the worm starter kit.  Suddenly you have worms and you started selling them and lots of people did well at least for a while.

The only problem was that the market for worms which is small, is a fully mature market, there is not a need for expansion.  What was created was a bubble and the market grew but it only grew as more and more people jumped in.  Finally there was no one jumping in and the market collapsed.

There have been others such as the miniature horse of a few years back.

Obama created a bubble with his followers, they were true believers and they became evangelists for Obama.  It went well until they ran out of people who would drink the kool aid, then they turned to each other and continually raised the bar on how great Obama was until he reached in their minds God status,  However Obama the God could not anoint Hilda enough to get her to the winners circle.  She ran as Obama's 3rd term.

The FAR LEFT has taken a severe blow and lost it 2 leaders.  Basically their ship of fools is now rudderless.  Its my opinion that they will recover and tack hard and extreme left, they will make Obama and Hilda look like centrists.
Don:  Got here thru God, Guns and Guts, I speak John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere; this make ME: Christian, Conservative, Capitalist, Constitutionalist...

Offline Victoria33

@rangerrebew

The operative sentence here is, “But he truly doesn’t seem to understand the First Amendment,” the source continued. “He doesn’t. He thinks we are supposed to say what he says and that’s it.”

In that meeting, he ranted and raved at the media for being "unfair" to him.  The comment above explains his thinking.  He wants love from every person on earth, including every reporter in the country.  If he doesn't get it, he will want that media outlet shut down.  Remember he said he wants to change libel laws so he can sue the media if they are not "nice" to him.

Yesterday I read this comment from Trump:  "Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell love me."  If he thinks you don't love him, he will sue you or destroy you financially or try to humiliate you by calling you names, as in "Lyin Ted", and try to destroy your character by lying about you (Ted's father was involved in the assassination of President Kennedy).  Trump is mentally "off" and the country will suffer because of it.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
This is what happens when you drink your own Kool Aid.

Not sure how many folks remember this, but its what I call the Worm paradox.  Several years back raising worms became a quick rich idea.  The folks selling the idea were honest, but did leave out one vital thing.  Worms are easy to raise.  Big wooden box filled with rich potting soil and then just dump your left overs in the box and the worms eat them and grow like crazy.  So many folks bought their boxes which raised better worms and the worm starter kit.  Suddenly you have worms and you started selling them and lots of people did well at least for a while.

The only problem was that the market for worms which is small, is a fully mature market, there is not a need for expansion.  What was created was a bubble and the market grew but it only grew as more and more people jumped in.  Finally there was no one jumping in and the market collapsed.

Obama created a bubble with his followers, they were true believers and they became evangelists for Obama.  It went well until they ran out of people who would drink the kool aid, then they turned to each other and continually raised the bar on how great Obama was until he reached in their minds God status,  However Obama the God could not anoint Hilda enough to get her to the winners circle.  She ran as Obama's 3rd term.

The FAR LEFT has taken a severe blow and lost it 2 leaders.  Basically their ship of fools is now rudderless.  Its my opinion that they will recover and tack hard and extreme left, they will make Obama and Hilda look like centrists.

That's a good analogy.  I think you're right.  0bama is this year's emu.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
@rangerrebew

The operative sentence here is, “But he truly doesn’t seem to understand the First Amendment,” the source continued. “He doesn’t. He thinks we are supposed to say what he says and that’s it.”

In that meeting, he ranted and raved at the media for being "unfair" to him.  The comment above explains his thinking.  He wants love from every person on earth, including every reporter in the country.  If he doesn't get it, he will want that media outlet shut down.  Remember he said he wants to change libel laws so he can sue the media if they are not "nice" to him.

Yesterday I read this comment from Trump:  "Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell love me."  If he thinks you don't love him, he will sue you or destroy you financially or try to humiliate you by calling you names, as in "Lyin Ted", and try to destroy your character by lying about you (Ted's father was involved in the assassination of President Kennedy).  Trump is mentally "off" and the country will suffer because of it.

I don't know what direction his Presidency will take. I can't figure Trump out. He seems to listen to people. On the other hand, with these moronic tweets, he isn't listening to people. He managed to listen to KellyAnne Conway long enough to get elected though.

I believe Trump is smart and sane, so why doesn't he act that way in public?

Let me ask you this: Trump is braggadocios and contentious in public... yet he settled that Trump U lawsuit. That just seems like such an "unTrump" thing to do. Maybe his public persona is a total show and in private he's this intelligent guy?

HonestJohn

Emotional media execs have profanity laced meltdowns over media summit with ‘mean’ Trump

And here is a meltdown over the meltdown.

Beside, it's the "lying press".  So are they lying about being upset, or is the article lying about them being upset?

For it can't be true, as the press lies. 

At least, that's what everybody keeps saying.  And I'm pointing out the outright idiocy of saying the press lies... and then posting "news" which, by that metric, must be a lie.

Offline endicom

Chinchillas. You'll be rich.

Offline 17 Oaks

• The Ranch in S Texas

Chinchillas. You'll be rich.
YEP that was another one...that said a lot of these go on to survive and do well.  You find most have something to do with an animal, that is because the animal has a short lifespan so you buy one of the high breed horses for $64k large and wha you have to do is move it own before it dies and there is a circle (key word) of people that are constantly spinning the circle around, just buying from each other.  As long as the cost stays fairly stable the circle can go on for years as in the various high breed horse markets...
Don:  Got here thru God, Guns and Guts, I speak John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere; this make ME: Christian, Conservative, Capitalist, Constitutionalist...

Offline Victoria33

@Weird Tolkienish Figure
@mystery-ak
@CatherineofAragon

Let's examine each comment you made, my comments in ( ) :

"I can't figure Trump out. He seems to listen to people. On the other hand, with these moronic tweets, he isn't listening to people."

(He uses people, he said anything he knew they wanted to hear to get their votes.  He didn't mean anything he said.  He can do that because he has no principles except to self aggrandize himself.  You can't figure him out because he is not normal and you are.  He has a mental problem and you cant see it so you use normal behavior patterns to evaluate him [that is why you can't figure him out] and that doesn't work with mental patients.  I evaluated mental patients for 30 years and I studied Trump's behavior since he was a child and I know what that behavior means.)

"He managed to listen to KellyAnne Conway long enough to get elected though."

(The only contribution Conway made was to get him to read a prepared speech she wrote for him to read.  Even at that, he would read the speech, then go off the prepared speech and return to the real him.  I watched every speech he made after she came on board.  Most of you have a job - I don't, so I had the time to watch his speeches and evaluate them.)

'I believe Trump is smart and sane, so why doesn't he act that way in public?" 

(He is not sane in that he has a mental problem, and that is why he acts the way he does - once again, you think he is normal and he is not so your evaluation is off.  Also, I think he has a learning disability and as a result, has trouble speaking - his speech is evaluated to be a fourth grade level of speech/vocabulary.)

"Let me ask you this: Trump is braggadocios and contentious in public... yet he settled that Trump U lawsuit. That just seems like such an "unTrump" thing to do."

(His lawyers knew he had to settle that lawsuit before he became president. That was their decision/action, and he had to listen to them - that is why he has lawyers.)

"Maybe his public persona is a total show and in private he's this intelligent guy?"

(He acts like he does because he is not normal.  It doesn't matter how intelligent a person is if their mental condition directs how he/she behaves.  [Ted Bundy, the serial killer, was highly intelligent and people who knew him could not believe he killed so many women].  You are projecting him in your mind to be normal so you "think" he is different in private - you have no idea how he acts in private.  Here are two examples of his private behavior [remember the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior]:

1.  In the past, he had his scalp cut by a plastic surgeon to remove a bald place and the scalp pulled back together and sewn up [this is how vain he is about his appearance].  He was in pain after getting home, and pulled his wife's hair out in chunks so she would hurt like he was hurting.  After he pulled out her hair, she locked herself in a bedroom.  A normal person would not have pulled out his wife's hair.  If he is hurting, or unhappy, he wants everyone else to be hurting or unhappy.  Extrapolate that into his presidency behavior - he will want the whole country to "suffer' if he is not happy.

2.  An English reporter came to the states to write an article about him.  She was a pretty woman and he made advances to her, wanting sex, which she kept turning down.  After she was back in
England, he sent her messages for 20 years, trying to demean her, saying he knew she was not a good reporter and would lose her job, saying he could have helped her and she turned down his help so he knew she was a loser in her job, saying too bad she was not doing well in her job etc., all of which were lies.  After twenty years, she told him if he sent her another message, she would get a lawyer to stop him.  He quit sending her messages.)

(In conclusion, you are normal and he is not.  You can't evaluate him as normal and that is why you "can't figure Trump out.")  (An aside question for you - you are "normal" aren't you?   888high58888 )
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 05:51:08 pm by Victoria33 »

rangerrebew

@rangerrebew

In that meeting, he ranted and raved at the media for being "unfair" to him.   

Even the non-conservative Geraldo Rivera thinks the media has been totally biased against Trump and has said so.  I think Trump understands the First Amendment quite well.  He has no problem with the criticism he is receiving as long as the other side gets the same - which they haven't.  He knows a Republic cannot exist with an uneducated public and the media has been dis-informing the public for eight years.  Just look at the colleges and the paralyzed snow flakes now infesting them.   We know one of the reasons Obama gets such little bad press is his book of people to get even with which includes the media.  Every dictator or dictator wannabe has threatened his way to the control of the media and Obama was no exception.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
@Weird Tolkienish Figure @Victoria33

The reporter involved in the second case in Victoria's (as always) comprehensive and eloquent reply is Ms Selena Scott. She was THE news anchor for years, and pretty much universally beloved, until she upped and quit to raise horses.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Victoria33

@Weird Tolkienish Figure @Victoria33

The reporter involved in the second case in Victoria's (as always) comprehensive and eloquent reply is Ms Selena Scott. She was THE news anchor for years, and pretty much universally beloved, until she upped and quit to raise horses.
@EC

EC, Thanks for your comments.  I had not saved the story about Selena Scott so didn't have her name.  Her story is typical of what happens to a person when he/she resists Trump in any matter.  Trump physically attacked his music teacher when he was in the fifth grade.  He now has more methods available to him to attack people without getting physical and he uses them constantly.  Normal people without mental health psychological training, cannot comprehend a person like Trump.  They believe what he says because he says it with great gusto like he means it.  The next day, he will change what he said the day before, and people make allowances for his turn-around because they can't imagine he is not normal because they don't deal with people who are as abnormal as he is. 

He looks normal, he walks normally with a swagger, and appears to know all about all, but it is all fake.  His language is simple and disjointed and infantile because I think he has a disability and he has spent his life lying/spinning stories, to promote a fake him to prove to himself and others he is better than anyone. 

His faking all his life is highly developed and it has made him president.  I was reminded today what William F. Buckley said about Trump in 2000 - he knew Trump personally and what he really was: 

"What about the aspirant who has a private vision to offer to the public and has the means, personal or contrived, to finance a campaign? In some cases, the vision isn’t merely a program to be adopted. It is a program that includes the visionary’s serving as President. Look for the narcissist. The most obvious target in today’s lineup is, of course, Donald Trump. When he looks at a glass, he is mesmerized by its reflection. If Donald Trump were shaped a little differently, he would compete for Miss America."

"But whatever the depths of self-enchantment, the demagogue has to say something. So what does Trump say? That he is a successful businessman and that that is what America needs in the Oval Office. There is some plausibility in this, though not much. The greatest deeds of American Presidents — midwifing the new republic; freeing the slaves; harnessing the energies and vision needed to win the Cold War — had little to do with a bottom line."

@Jazzhead @INVAR @Cripplecreek @CatherineofAragon @skeeter @jmyrlefuller @Suppressed  @Night Hides Not  @Norm Lenhart  @catfish1957  @Fantom @sinkspur  @libertybele @LMAO @RAT Patrol  @bigheadfred @bilo @musiclady @Chosen Daughter @Bigun  @mystery-ak  @mr potato head @Emjay @XenaLee @Sanguine @Once-Ler @txradioguy @kartographer @Smokin Joe @montanajoe @Gov Bean Counter  @EC  @AbaraXas   @geronl   @roamer_1   @Freya   @Oceander  @corbe  @bigheadfred  @Machiavelli  @mystery-ak

« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 07:08:07 am by Victoria33 »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@Weird Tolkienish Figure
@mystery-ak
@CatherineofAragon

Let's examine each comment you made, my comments in ( ) :

"I can't figure Trump out. He seems to listen to people. On the other hand, with these moronic tweets, he isn't listening to people."

(He uses people, he said anything he knew they wanted to hear to get their votes.  He didn't mean anything he said.  He can do that because he has no principles except to self aggrandize himself.  You can't figure him out because he is not normal and you are.  He has a mental problem and you cant see it so you use normal behavior patterns to evaluate him [that is why you can't figure him out] and that doesn't work with mental patients.  I evaluated mental patients for 30 years and I studied Trump's behavior since he was a child and I know what that behavior means.)

"He managed to listen to KellyAnne Conway long enough to get elected though."

(The only contribution Conway made was to get him to read a prepared speech she wrote for him to read.  Even at that, he would read the speech, then go off the prepared speech and return to the real him.  I watched every speech he made after she came on board.  Most of you have a job - I don't, so I had the time to watch his speeches and evaluate them.)

'I believe Trump is smart and sane, so why doesn't he act that way in public?" 

(He is not sane in that he has a mental problem, and that is why he acts the way he does - once again, you think he is normal and he is not so your evaluation is off.  Also, I think he has a learning disability and as a result, has trouble speaking - his speech is evaluated to be a fourth grade level of speech/vocabulary.)

"Let me ask you this: Trump is braggadocios and contentious in public... yet he settled that Trump U lawsuit. That just seems like such an "unTrump" thing to do."

(His lawyers knew he had to settle that lawsuit before he became president. That was their decision/action, and he had to listen to them - that is why he has lawyers.)

"Maybe his public persona is a total show and in private he's this intelligent guy?"

(He acts like he does because he is not normal.  It doesn't matter how intelligent a person is if their mental condition directs how he/she behaves.  [Ted Bundy, the serial killer, was highly intelligent and people who knew him could not believe he killed so many women].  You are projecting him in your mind to be normal so you "think" he is different in private - you have no idea how he acts in private.  Here are two examples of his private behavior [remember the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior]:

1.  In the past, he had his scalp cut by a plastic surgeon to remove a bald place and the scalp pulled back together and sewn up [this is how vain he is about his appearance].  He was in pain after getting home, and pulled his wife's hair out in chunks so she would hurt like he was hurting.  After he pulled out her hair, she locked herself in a bedroom.  A normal person would not have pulled out his wife's hair.  If he is hurting, or unhappy, he wants everyone else to be hurting or unhappy.  Extrapolate that into his presidency behavior - he will want the whole country to "suffer' if he is not happy.

2.  An English reporter came to the states to write an article about him.  She was a pretty woman and he made advances to her, wanting sex, which she kept turning down.  After she was back in
England, he sent her messages for 20 years, trying to demean her, saying he knew she was not a good reporter and would lose her job, saying he could have helped her and she turned down his help so he knew she was a loser in her job, saying too bad she was not doing well in her job etc., all of which were lies.  After twenty years, she told him if he sent her another message, she would get a lawyer to stop him.  He quit sending her messages.)

(In conclusion, you are normal and he is not.  You can't evaluate him as normal and that is why you "can't figure Trump out.")  (An aside question for you - you are "normal" aren't you?   888high58888 )
QFT
I watched his duplicity in Iowa, and that was enough. He reminded me of Robert J Ringer's Winning Through Intimidation and that's when I looked even deeper.

He has approached every business venture as an adversarial relationship, and has done whatever it takes to be 'the winner'. The willingness to do that, fair or foul, became ever more evident as the campaign wore on (love of Kelo, "lyin' Ted", attacking Heidi, Pecker's well timed "mistresses' and JFK articles, crying 'foul' when Cruz scooped up delegates in states where Trump had no ground game, etc.). Self-aggrandizement was part and parcel of that.
I was amazed that the liberal media (redundant, I know) gave him a pass on that until I recognized that the Liberals were almost as terrified of Cruz as the establishment GOP, and eminently preferred running against Trump's higher negatives.
Trump's own mouth wrote most of the Clinton ads I saw, and nearly cost him the election. Yet he will blame the unfair media, as if he expected them to be fair, something which in light of his opponent and the MSM's track record was ludicrously unrealistic.
Naturally, he isn't connected to reality--he thinks he creates it. Anything which reminds him that the doesn't have complete control, reminds him of the falsehood of his worldview and will be ignored.
My concern is that when the day comes that he realizes he isn't in control of the world, his reaction will be unpredictable.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Gov Bean Counter

Wonderfully well said, as always.

Yet there are so many of his followers who will claim he is none of these things. And I wonder, when as a people did we so completely lose the ability to reason? To discern?

Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Yet there are so many of his followers who will claim he is none of these things. And I wonder, when as a people did we so completely lose the ability to reason? To discern?
When feelings replaced facts, emotion replaced reason.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Victoria33

@Smokin Joe

You said, "My concern is that when the day comes that he realizes he isn't in control of the world, his reaction will be unpredictable."

That is the crux of the problem.  You are exactly right.  His behavior is unpredictable every day.  When he finally feels hemmed in to the max, he always has the red button to show his absolute power over the entire world.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

When feelings replaced facts, emotion replaced reason.

So very true and the reason we are living in dangerous times.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Online MajorClay

Cool!      :smokin: