Author Topic: America Wants Trump To Shut Up On Twitter  (Read 1407 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

America Wants Trump To Shut Up On Twitter
« on: November 23, 2016, 04:24:28 pm »
http://www.redstate.com/california_yankee/2016/11/23/america-wants-trump-shut-up-on-twitter/

A new Quinnipiac University poll found that a majority, 59 percent, of American voters say President-elect Donald Trump should shut down his personal Twitter account:

“Voters tell President-elect Donald Trump, ‘You’ve got the job. Now be a leader not a tweeter,'” said Tim Malloy, assistant director of the Quinnipiac University Poll.

Voters are going to be disappointed about that. Trump is not going to stop tweeting. He sees it as a means to get around the mainstream media which are still being extremely negative in their coverage of Trump.

There were lots of other interesting findings in the Q-poll.

Voters have mixed views on Trump’s personal qualities:

74 – 23 percent that he is a strong person;
    74 – 21 percent that he is intelligent;
    57 – 38 percent that he is not level-headed;
    56 – 38 percent that he has good leadership skills;
    52 – 42 percent that he is not honest;
    51 – 45 percent that he cares about average Americans.

Nevertheless,  a majority — 59 percent, are “optimistic about the next four years with Donald Trump as president.”

A majority — 52 percent, also say Trump’s policies will help the nation’s economy; Thirty one percent say his policies will hurt the economy and 11 percent say they will make no difference.

Voters are split on whether Trump’s policies will help their personal financial situation — 40 percent, say Trump’s  policies will help,  while 23 percent say they will hurt and 34 percent say his policies will make no difference.

Only 17 percent think Trump will be a “great” president,  32 percent say he will be a “good” president; Seventeen percent say he will be “not so good” and 26 percent say he will be “bad.”

The poll also looked at voters’ expectations for Trump’s presidency:

74 – 19 percent think that he will not get Mexico to pay for a wall along the border;
    66 – 28 percent think that he will create jobs;
    58 – 37 percent think that he will keep the country safe from terrorism;
    53 – 40 percent think that he will take the country in the right direction;
    50 – 42 percent think that he will not defeat ISIS;
    45 percent say that he will lower their taxes, but 48 percent that he won’t;

Sixty one percent say Trump will act better than he did during the campaign, and 36 percent of voters say his behavior since the election has made them feel better about him as president.

The Quinnipiac University poll was conducted  November 17 – 20 and has a margin of error of +/- 3 percent.

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: America Wants Trump To Shut Up On Twitter
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2016, 04:25:23 pm »
Look @Weird Tolkienish Figure. You're being heard!

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2016, 04:28:34 pm »
Look @Weird Tolkienish Figure. You're being heard!

Welp, I guess you don't feel the same way?  :shrug:

At this I'll have to accept that the guy and his supporters are just intent on looking like morons.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2016, 04:30:46 pm »
And everywhere else. :nometalk:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2016, 04:33:02 pm »

Welp, I guess you don't feel the same way?  :shrug:

On things for me to worry about with this idiot, his Twit activities are dead last.

HonestJohn

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2016, 04:35:16 pm »
74 – 23 percent that he is a strong person
74 – 19 percent think that he will not get Mexico to pay for a wall along the border

Is it just me, or is the percentage spread really, really wide?

23-74%... 19-74%???

Offline skeeter

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2016, 04:35:57 pm »
http://www.redstate.com/california_yankee/2016/11/23/america-wants-trump-shut-up-on-twitter/

I understand the compulsion to work around the MSM, but Twitter is for people with the attention spans of houseflies.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2016, 08:42:03 pm »
I'm not bothered by Trump's tweets in the least; I don't pay attention to the social media outlets, nor do I participate.  I stopped using Facebook about 4 years ago and have no desire to have a Twitter account.  Both to me are a joke and rather childish.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2016, 02:38:14 am »
Oh I'm bothered.  It's just that there is so much more to dislike about Trump that by the time we get to his tweets, I'm worn out.  Whatever.  It's all embarrassing.  Lucky I no longer call myself a Republican.  It's on them, not me.

As for calling it a joke or childishness, it's neither.  It's a display of his bully heart.
The real test of His Orangeness's ability to adjust to the office is when he starts giving orders to congress and many of them (even members of his own party) give him the middle finger.
I don't think I'm the only person on this forum who doubts Trump will  act presidential i.e. cooperate and politic amiably with dissident members. Certainly, people like Graham won't go along just to get along. There will be more. And then there's all the Democrats. If Trump initiates any kind of an attempt to put Hillary on trial, he can forget about getting anything passed except an odd stool or two.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 02:39:16 am by goatprairie »

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2016, 05:56:10 am »
I hope he does keep tweeting.  Its how I keep on top of whats in his twisted mind.  I look every day.  Its Trump unfiltered. 

Today:

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump  · 5h5 hours ago 

Let us give thanks for all that we have, and let us boldly face the exciting new frontiers that lie ahead. Happy Thanksgiving.

Boldly go where no Conservative has gone before!

« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 06:51:33 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2016, 05:25:22 pm »
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!  Hope everyone has an awesome day of thanks!

So what is Trump doing on Thanksgiving?

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump  · 2h2 hours ago 

I am working hard, even on Thanksgiving, trying to get Carrier A.C. Company to stay in the U.S. (Indiana). MAKING PROGRESS - Will know soon!

Bugging the A.C. company CEO?

And what authority does he have to make deals.  Does he believe that he can make laws concerning business by himself?  Can he make promises without changing current law?

Article:

How much does the company think they are going to pay people in Mexico?

http://fox59.com/2016/11/24/will-carrier-stay-in-indianapolis-donald-trump-tweets-hes-working-on-a-plan-making-progress/

He was 100% sure he is going to get a call that they will change their minds.  It would be incredible without even changing any laws to do it.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 06:04:39 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2016, 06:56:47 pm »
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!  Hope everyone has an awesome day of thanks!

So what is Trump doing on Thanksgiving?

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump  · 2h2 hours ago 

I am working hard, even on Thanksgiving, trying to get Carrier A.C. Company to stay in the U.S. (Indiana). MAKING PROGRESS - Will know soon!

Bugging the A.C. company CEO?

And what authority does he have to make deals.  Does he believe that he can make laws concerning business by himself?  Can he make promises without changing current law?

Article:

How much does the company think they are going to pay people in Mexico?

http://fox59.com/2016/11/24/will-carrier-stay-in-indianapolis-donald-trump-tweets-hes-working-on-a-plan-making-progress/

He was 100% sure he is going to get a call that they will change their minds.  It would be incredible without even changing any laws to do it.

Great trump is going to call ceos and try to bully them to remain in the states. Wonderfull.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2016, 07:59:08 pm »

Great trump is going to call ceos and try to bully them to remain in the states. Wonderfull.

Yes, not that it wouldn't be a good thing but how does he plan on accomplishing this by himself?  And even if he could (before taking office) who does business on Thanksgiving?  Is he harassing them on a holiday?  Also reading the articles he had said earlier even in I believe February that he was 100% that they would call him and say they have changed course.  It is verifiable because the company has tweeted that they were in discussions.  I personally hope that we can make America business friendly so that corporations don't believe it pays to move.  The problem as I see it is in part Unions.  The company has said it is paying wages $20-$25 plus benefits.  Good wages and a good job.  Unfortunately the company also has said it can pay something like $3-$5 plus benefits in Mexico.  I don't know what kind of benefits because I had thought they have state health. 

My question is what can Trump promise the company before taking office on Thanksgiving?  Pulling out of NAFTA or renegotiating it could make a more fair playing field but you can't promise anything because it takes the other separate powers of Government to do that............I think.......