Author Topic: The Camel’s Nose  (Read 504 times)

rangerrebew

The Camel’s Nose
« on: November 24, 2016, 02:17:56 pm »
November 24, 2016
The Camel’s Nose
By Mike VanOuse

Barry Goldwater once alluded to, an old Arabian proverb: ‘If the camel once gets his nose in the tent, his body will soon follow.’" I’ve experienced that firsthand.

A few years ago I got divorced and moved to a depressed part of town. Across one street (I live on a corner) was subsidized housing. Across the other street was a convenience store and a dollar store. So I got a lot of foot-traffic past my yard, which is exposed on two sides.

It’s not uncommon to find me chilling or grilling on my patio in the summertime. That prompts a lot of passersby to comment: “Hey man, that smells good!” or, “You wouldn’t happen to have 40-cents would you? I’m short bus-fare.” or, “Dude: have you got a cigarette?”

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/11/the_camels_nose.html#ixzz4Qw55Dzpp
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: The Camel’s Nose
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 03:10:44 pm »

I live in a 'sanctuary city' and the homeless and bums are thick all throughout the whole city. I used to frequent a mall that was, apparently, some kind of gathering place for bums. I would be asked up to three times for money before I even got to the entrance. The cue was the ubiquitous, "skew me sur" (excuse me sir) which you would hear everywhere in the city.
skew me sur!
skew me sur!
sur! sur! skew me sur! do you have a quarter/dollar/cigarette I could barrow?

I never gave a penny, and I would certainly never let one of those guys into my home. The author is lucky that he got away with his act of extreme stupidity without being physically assaulted or killed.

I got used to it. Just for fun whenever I saw one of those guys approaching me, I would do a preemptive ask. When they got near enough, I would yell out, 'Hey man, can you spare a dollar for bus fare?" It confused the hell out of most of them, the others who caught on simply walked away.

In my experience, you can't be nice to homeless people. It is only going to bring you grief and a lot of trouble. There are some nice, legitimate, homeless people who really do need help. But, over 90% of them are homeless for a really bad reason. And they are not the kind of people anyone, including other homeless, want to get involved with. They are bad news. And they bring trouble with them wherever they go.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.