Author Topic: Conservatives Should Embrace Principled Populism — and Govern with Trump...By Mike Lee  (Read 3221 times)

Offline montanajoe

"Conventional Wisdom", which pretty much sums up all the things people know that aren't true.

I thought it was Country Western music..pretty much the same thing :laugh:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Principled Populism is an oxymoron.

Why @DB ?  How so?

Offline LMAO

I have a sinking feeling that "principled populism" is going to become the new "compassionate conservatism." We all saw how that worked out
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I have a sinking feeling that "principled populism" is going to become the new "compassionate conservatism." We all saw how that worked out

I am not a fan of these memes, either @LMAO   That aside, I think the point of the Lee's essay is that conservatives should take their seat at the table and apply conservative principles to actual governance with the potential for tangible results.

Is this not a good thing?

HonestJohn

"Conventional Wisdom", which pretty much sums up all the things people know that aren't true.

Ah.  Just like hearsay.  'Everybody knows' the moon is made out of green cheese.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Ah.  Just like hearsay.  'Everybody knows' the moon is made out of green cheese.
I read it on the Internet, so I know it's true!

uhhhhh. Bon jer....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis