Author Topic: Immigration activists launch attack on SPLC  (Read 610 times)

rangerrebew

Immigration activists launch attack on SPLC
« on: November 23, 2016, 05:37:44 pm »
 Immigration activists launch attack on SPLC
Posted By Bob Unruh On 11/22/2016 @ 8:11 pm In APP Frontpage,Front Page,Money,Politics | No Comments
Republish
Reprint

The Southern Poverty Law Center famously smeared Dr. Ben Carson, a former GOP candidate for president and one of the most admired men in America, when it listed him as a “hater.”

And the SPLC was linked to a domestic terrorist when Floyd Corkins admitted he relied on the organization for information about the Family Research Council in Washington, which he attacked with a gun, intending to kill as many people as he could.

Further, lawyers Trent Garmon and Holly Garmon have submitted a complaint to the Alabama State Bar Disciplinary Commission alleging SPLC chief Richard Cohen, who is paid more than $300,000 a year to run the nonprofit organization, repeatedly violated Rule 8.2 of the Rules of Professional Conduct, which states, “A lawyer shall not make a statement that the lawyer knows to be false or with reckless disregard as to its truth or falsity concerning the qualifications or integrity of a judge, adjudicatory officer or public legal officer, or of a candidate for election or appointment to judicial or legal office.”

Article printed from WND: http://www.wnd.com

URL to article: http://www.wnd.com/2016/11/immigration-activists-launch-attack-on-splc/

Offline 17 Oaks

• The Ranch in S Texas
Re: Immigration activists launch attack on SPLC
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2016, 06:34:07 pm »
SPLC is at best a far left operative that employs Apparatchiks.  I have not checked lately but its well funded and IIRC a big chunk comes from the Taxpayers...
Don:  Got here thru God, Guns and Guts, I speak John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere; this make ME: Christian, Conservative, Capitalist, Constitutionalist...

HonestJohn

Re: Immigration activists launch attack on SPLC
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2016, 05:00:22 am »
Further, lawyers Trent Garmon and Holly Garmon have submitted a complaint to the Alabama State Bar Disciplinary Commission alleging SPLC chief Richard Cohen, who is paid more than $300,000 a year to run the nonprofit organization, repeatedly violated Rule 8.2 of the Rules of Professional Conduct, which states, “A lawyer shall not make a statement that the lawyer knows to be false or with reckless disregard as to its truth or falsity concerning the qualifications or integrity of a judge, adjudicatory officer or public legal officer, or of a candidate for election or appointment to judicial or legal office.”

The burden is to prove that he made false statements.  Considering that this is from the WND, I'd say the two will not be able to prove that Cohen's statements are false... as the ones questioned are not.