Author Topic: Donald Trump 'turning away intelligence briefers' amid warnings that he has 'a lot of catching up to do'  (Read 5568 times)

HonestJohn

There is nothing wrong with Pence receiving briefings and then telling Trump..

HELLO, OBAMA IS STILL PRESIDENT!

As the people on Fox said, when the DEMOCRAT, SAID THE SAME THING.....Trump is not President now and he has othere things to do!

You people just look for anything to stick on Trump don't you!  **nononono* **nononono* **nononono* **nononono* **nononono*

The action is what merits scorn.

We held Obama to this standard.  Failing to do the same would make us hypocrites.

And you did hold the current President to this standard.

Were you wrong to do so?  Or was it appropriate?

HonestJohn

Great points. Also, VP elect Pence is getting the briefings. Trump wanted a VP who would handle the day to day things. He wants to focus on "making America Great Again".

So far I've liked his picks for Cabinet positions. Although, I can't help but see the irony in the Trump supporters complaining that Romney shouldn't be Sec. of State because he was critical and rude towards Trump during the campaign.

I still say wait till six months after Trump is in office before getting critical. Lets see what happens.

Was this a standard you applied eight years ago?  If not, why the change now?

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
The action is what merits scorn.

We held Obama to this standard.  Failing to do the same would make us hypocrites.

And you did hold the current President to this standard.

Were you wrong to do so?  Or was it appropriate?

I spent the day with my liberal sister and her husband yesterday.

The left and right aren't behaving so differently these days.

Offline ConstitutionRose

There is nothing wrong with Pence receiving briefings and then telling Trump..

HELLO, OBAMA IS STILL PRESIDENT!

As the people on Fox said, when the DEMOCRAT, SAID THE SAME THING.....Trump is not President now and he has othere things to do!

You people just look for anything to stick on Trump don't you!  **nononono* **nononono* **nononono* **nononono* **nononono*

The intelligence briefings ARE part of the things he has to do.  They are particularly important because of ISIS, terror threats from open borders and because quite frankly, Trump is at a very considerable deficit.  He's been a businessman.  He has had no exposure.  Politicians, even as far down the scale as mayors are exposed to education on terrorist threats.  Combine that with his lack of interest and admitted issues with reading, it is a concerning thing.

George W. Bush was prepared to be a President on domestic issues.  He got a baptism by fire on 9/11.  No US President can ignore thise briefings or fail to gain the knowledge necessary to deal with our security.

I despised Obama for skipping briefings and refusing to do his job.  I am not holding Trump to any different standard.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline mirraflake

The world is not the same as when Nixon, Reagan, George H.W., and George W. were elected. Quit pretending it is.

Cough cough..Vietnam, Iran hostages, Communist taking over South America,  30k nukes pointed at us by USSR who would have used them

@goodwithagun

Offline mirraflake

I despised Obama for skipping briefings and refusing to do his job.  I am not holding Trump to any different standard.

There is a site that gives the actual stats on how many PBR each President sat through..  Obama was at 43.8% which is high. Nixon rarely did, Reagan also rarely attended PBR and when he did they had to put in in movie format so he could understand it.

@ConstitutionRose

Offline jpsb

The world is not the same as when Nixon, Reagan, George H.W., and George W. were elected. Quit pretending it is.
Really lame excuse, with Nixon, Reagan and at the start of HW presidency the world was 30 minutes away from total annihilation. Much more dangerous then today.

Offline jpsb

what is so sad, is the never trump people.... Trump is doing the right thing and is exactly what we need.
I feel sorry for you guys who are left out..

Keep listening to the media and posting stupid articles and you will never be relevant, in the future...
so sad you all are **nononono*
just read the bold

They are pretty much wrong about everything. It is almost funny how totally wrong they are.

Offline NavyCanDo

Trump is in over his head, just like Bammy .  Does anyone know if the Vice President receives the same intelligence briefings?

I remember a documentary on what the typical day of a President is like which begins at about 5 in the morning. I belive Trump like Obama will find it intolerable.  The question is who will spend more time away from the white house the first 4 years, Obama or Trump?
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline bilo

I remember a documentary on what the typical day of a President is like which begins at about 5 in the morning. I belive Trump like Obama will find it intolerable.  The question is who will spend more time away from the white house the first 4 years, Obama or Trump?

Anyone will be more competent than obama.

I think where people are missing the boat on Trump is his ability to delegate and then take credit. He hasn't changed over night. He is still a low class, no character, jerk. However, he does seem to be putting some very solid people in place in national security positions. His other appointments seem to be pretty good for the most part. These are the people who will do the heavy lifting and if they lean conservative we may see more good out of this administration than we thought possible.

I really don't care where Trump spends his time. VP elect Pence will be running the day to day operations. He is a great pick he has executive and legislative experience.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Cripplecreek

The intelligence briefings ARE part of the things he has to do.  They are particularly important because of ISIS, terror threats from open borders and because quite frankly, Trump is at a very considerable deficit.  He's been a businessman.  He has had no exposure.  Politicians, even as far down the scale as mayors are exposed to education on terrorist threats.  Combine that with his lack of interest and admitted issues with reading, it is a concerning thing.

George W. Bush was prepared to be a President on domestic issues.  He got a baptism by fire on 9/11.  No US President can ignore thise briefings or fail to gain the knowledge necessary to deal with our security.

Yup and the blame the media strategy is going to wear thin faster than the democrat's strategy of blaming Bush.

The statement "If you can't beat them, join them." is NOT a statement of victory. (Behaving like the left doesn't mean you're winning)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Well, that's at least some what reassuring.  Pence is going to have his hands full; babysitting Trump while running the country.

And being ready to take over in case Trump does something impeachable.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
The good news is Hillary isn't president. The bad news is Trump is.

I'm trying to focus on the good news.

Me, too.  It is a good thing even though anyone the Pubs had nominated could have won with far less sturm and drang.

But I'm still enjoying the demise of the Clinton's and the stain on the Obama presidency... although I have friends on Facebook who continue to post his picture and thank him for 8 years of something?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 06:30:23 pm by Emjay »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Great points. Also, VP elect Pence is getting the briefings. Trump wanted a VP who would handle the day to day things. He wants to focus on "making America Great Again".

So far I've liked his picks for Cabinet positions. Although, I can't help but see the irony in the Trump supporters complaining that Romney shouldn't be Sec. of State because he was critical and rude towards Trump during the campaign.

I still say wait till six months after Trump is in office before getting critical. Lets see what happens.

Trump wanted someone who could handle day to day stuff ... like Day 1 to 1,460.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I spent the day with my liberal sister and her husband yesterday.

The left and right aren't behaving so differently these days.

That's interesting but elucidate ... what does your liberal sister think as opposed to what you think?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Anyone will be more competent than obama.

I think where people are missing the boat on Trump is his ability to delegate and then take credit. He hasn't changed over night. He is still a low class, no character, jerk. However, he does seem to be putting some very solid people in place in national security positions. His other appointments seem to be pretty good for the most part. These are the people who will do the heavy lifting and if they lean conservative we may see more good out of this administration than we thought possible.

I really don't care where Trump spends his time. VP elect Pence will be running the day to day operations. He is a great pick he has executive and legislative experience.

Yes, we are lucky with Pence... it could have been a lot worse and I agree with you about Trump's picks so far... if he can just stay in line, I will be happy.

Offline Cripplecreek

That's interesting but elucidate ... what does your liberal sister think as opposed to what you think?

I'm not talking about me. I shouldn't use the term "Right" in this case when I'm really only speaking of Trump supporters.

Both sides now spend their days whining about how mistreated they are. Neither side can shrug off the slightest offense. Instead they feel that they need to gather an army and destroy they person who issued the insult. The hyperbole on both sides is off the scale.

Back in the summer of 2015 at TOS Trump supporters were talking about using Alinsky tactics to win. I warned then that they would be in danger of becoming what they claimed to hate and they have.

Online libertybele

Well, in all honesty if Trump listened to half of the intelligence briefings made available to him that would still put him light years ahead of Obama in the National Security IQ department..

IMHO Bammy used his intel against our country and not to help us.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline bilo

Yes, we are lucky with Pence... it could have been a lot worse and I agree with you about Trump's picks so far... if he can just stay in line, I will be happy.

I hope he does, but I doubt he will.

I'm encouraged though for a couple reasons. He has good people around him. I really like Bannon & Conway. Pence is more than solid on conservative issues and he will be the steady hand behind the scene. I think Preibus will work well with the legislative branch and a lot of the conservative things we've wanted over the years will originate out of the legislative branch not the executive. The media will not stop lying about what Trump wants to do, or has been proposed, so I know I have to be patient before reacting to anything.

I really didn't want Trump, but instead of just reacting in a kneejerk manner I'm going to hope for the best and see what happens before I start with the "I told you so's".

Offline bilo

I'm not talking about me. I shouldn't use the term "Right" in this case when I'm really only speaking of Trump supporters.

Both sides now spend their days whining about how mistreated they are. Neither side can shrug off the slightest offense. Instead they feel that they need to gather an army and destroy they person who issued the insult. The hyperbole on both sides is off the scale.

Back in the summer of 2015 at TOS Trump supporters were talking about using Alinsky tactics to win. I warned then that they would be in danger of becoming what they claimed to hate and they have.

Some great points.

At some point the winner has to embrace their success and move forward instead of looking to "get even". Trump does deserve some credit for bringing in people who were not his supporters. It is a good example of moving forward and not holding a grudge. He could actually get some things done with this approach.

It is more than ironic how Trump supporters expect, or demand, an apology from Romney because he was not nice to Trump during the campaign. They seem to have a blind eye about how their guy behaved. A great example about how they are acting no different than the leftists.

Offline Cripplecreek

You are all falling hook nose and sinker by the liberal media.

George W never had his first briefing until Dec 5, Reagan the last week of December.

What can Trump do anyway? He is not President yet for 2 months. and if it is really important the CIA will get in touch with him. Obama and Biden are the elected officials until Jan 20th

Nixon Never listed to the briefing-gave that responsibility to Kissinger. I think it was George H who said he got more info from the morning paper than the briefings and the briefings was basically  boring, mundane stuff.

Cia chief on CNN this morning said it's not really important for Trump to have the briefings until later in December.

You should all know not to trust the media
@EC
@skeeter
@goodwithagun
@CatherineofAragon
@Chosen Daughter 
@240B
@Cripplecreek

:whistle:

Offline Night Hides Not

You don't wan't to bog down that brilliant mind with needless details.  Trump knows what his doing.

Trust him.   
Longmire, Alinecare, TomSea, DC, RIV, and the rest of the greatful eight do.

:amen:

22222frying pan

:thud:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline goodwithagun

Cough cough..Vietnam, Iran hostages, Communist taking over South America,  30k nukes pointed at us by USSR who would have used them

@goodwithagun

Cough cough . . . muslims committing acts of terror on U.S. citizens IN the U.S., race riots created by POTUS, conservatives attacked by IRS, "free speech" media run by the DNC.

I'm not negating that those issues weren't a real threat, I'm simply pointing out that the times are different. Either get with the times or get out of the way.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline goodwithagun

Really lame excuse, with Nixon, Reagan and at the start of HW presidency the world was 30 minutes away from total annihilation. Much more dangerous then today.

See my response to @mirraflake .
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Fantom

The good news is Hillary isn't president. The bad news is Trump is.

I'm trying to focus on the good news.

:beer:  Here Here.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass