General Category > History

Op-Ed: Lee Harvey Oswald’s little green book shows JFK wasn't the real target - LA Times

(1/2) > >>

TomSea:
I think the theory is absurd but this article seems to provide new details, per this Secret Service Man, Mike Howard, previously unknown. Maybe James Reston Jr. is right.

--- Quote --- Lee Harvey Oswald’s little green book shows JFK wasn't the real target

By James Reston Jr.

In the hours after the Kennedy assassination, after Lee Harvey Oswald shot and killed Dallas Police Officer J.D. Tippit and was identified as the president’s assassin, a Secret Service officer named Mike Howard was dispatched to Oswald’s apartment. Howard found a little green address book, and on its 17th page under the heading “I WILL KILL” Oswald listed four men: an FBI agent named James Hosty; a right-wing general, Edwin Walker; and Vice President Richard Nixon. At the top of the list was the governor of Texas, John Connally. Through Connally’s name, Oswald had drawn a dagger, with blood drops dripping downward.

Special Agent Howard turned the address book over to the FBI and, ultimately, to the Warren Commission. Only some time later did he learn that the list with its hugely important insight into the killer’s motive had been torn out of the book.

I didn’t hear about Howard until after I published my book “The Accidental Victim” three years ago on the 50th anniversary of the assassination. In it I argue a circumstantial case that it was Connally, not John F. Kennedy, who was Oswald’s target in Dallas. It is the story of a smoldering grudge in which Oswald came to associate Connally with all the setbacks in his disastrous, hopeless life.

--- Quote ---In her testimony to the Warren Commission, Oswald’s wife, Marina, definitively named Connally and not Kennedy as her husband’s target.

--- End quote ---

Read More At: http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-reston-jfk-assassination-target-20161122-story.html?ref=yfp
--- End quote ---

I'm not sure the highlighted quote is accurate. I did not know Marina said that.

Oceander:
Interesting idea.  Certainly worth a little more poking around. 

Frank Cannon:
What a bizarre kill list.

Ghost Bear:
Interesting theory... it makes as much sense as any of the other theories put forth, and more than some imho.   :shrug:

Idaho_Cowboy:
Has anyone asked Rafael Cruz?

Just kidding.  :laugh:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version