Author Topic: A P/C Thanksgiving (even leftist stalwart Kimmel is sick of all the stupid BS)  (Read 1210 times)

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 05:51:57 pm by LateForLunch »
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)

Offline goatprairie

The problem is we laugh now at the p.c. idiots who contrives these stupidities, but not too long after they're commonplace.
I would bet a large pct. of the millennial generation would look at that skit and wonder why people are laughing.
Succeeding generations are becoming more and more p.c. correct i.e. infected with terminal liberalism.  Twenty or thirty years ago many of the p.c. clowns would have been laughed off or locked up.
But now you can get on many internet boards and read words and phrases like "white privilege" and " cultural appropriation" etc., and many of the people reading and posting them aren't laughing.

Offline LateForLunch

The problem is we laugh now at the p.c. idiots who contrives these stupidities, but not too long after they're commonplace.
I would bet a large pct. of the millennial generation would look at that skit and wonder why people are laughing.
Succeeding generations are becoming more and more p.c. correct i.e. infected with terminal liberalism.  Twenty or thirty years ago many of the p.c. clowns would have been laughed off or locked up.
But now you can get on many internet boards and read words and phrases like "white privilege" and " cultural appropriation" etc., and many of the people reading and posting them aren't laughing.

Very nicely expressed. 'Could not agree more.

Joseph Sobran listed this odd distaste for normality and fetishism with strange, deviate things as "Alienism".

It starts with Marxism because a central tenet of that is how "bourgeois"  society is supposedly hopelessly corrupt and unfair to those who are not "favored".  This nonsense of believing that one's native society in the United States and other capitalist, Judeo-Christian morality-based cultures are bad fosters the correlate idea that ergo, ANY OTHER CULTURE MUST BE BETTER!!

Alienism is Sobran's term for the belief that giving support and adherence to any culture but one's own native culture is somehow a sign of superior morality.

This stupidity is strongly linked to the psychological aberration known as the "psychotic response to stress". Normally human beings when confronted with a problem or great stress will fall back on familiar, reasonable, rationally-based methods or techniques for ameliorating the crisis and managing the stress which they have tried or used with success in the past. The psychotic response would be to instead try something totally experimental, strange, radical, contrarian or outrageous to deal with problems / stress.

For example, if a person after graduating from college feels unsure of what to do with themselves career wise, they commonly take a long break from school or full-time work to explore their inclinations and ponder the issue over time. That is a very common method of dealing with such an impasse in confidence about one's future which often has great success. A psychotic response to that same problem would be to impulsively decide to drop LSD, sell everything one owns and move to Tibet to become a lama.

A preference for engaging in the psychotic response to stress is often seen in people who are fanatical Alienists. They go together like Gila Monsters and poisonous venom.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 09:05:22 pm by LateForLunch »

Offline goatprairie

Very nicely expressed. 'Could not agree more.

Joseph Sobran listed this odd distaste for normality and fetishism with strange, deviate things as "Alienism".

It starts with Marxism because a central tenet of that is how "bourgeois"  society is supposedly hopelessly corrupt and unfair to those who are not "favored".  This nonsense of believing that one's native society in the United States and other capitalist, Judeo-Christian morality-based cultures are bad fosters the correlate idea that ergo, ANY OTHER CULTURE MUST BE BETTER!!

Alienism is Sobran's term for the belief that giving support and adherence to any culture but one's own native culture is somehow a sign of superior morality.

This stupidity is strongly linked to the psychological aberration known as the "psychotic response to stress". Normally human beings when confronted with a problem or great stress will fall back on familiar, reasonable, rationally-based methods or techniques for ameliorating the crisis and managing the stress which they have tried or used with success in the past. The psychotic response would be to instead try something totally experimental, strange, radical, contrarian or outrageous to deal with problems / stress.

For example, if a person after graduating from college feels unsure of what to do with themselves career wise, they commonly take a long break from school or full-time work to explore their inclinations and ponder the issue over time. That is a very common method of dealing with such an impasse in confidence about one's future which often has great success. A psychotic response to that same problem would be to impulsively decide to drop LSD, sell everything one owns and move to Tibet to become a lama.

A preference for engaging in the psychotic response to stress is often seen in people who are fanatical Alienists. They go together like Gila Monsters and poisonous venom.
The huge leftist support for Islam still surprises me. Most leftists hate all religions, but they seem to embrace the one religion that devoutly (no pun intended) hates and despises all other religions and non-believers to the point of wanting to kill them.
There are a few lib/leftists, like Bill Maher, who see the danger in Islam, but not nearly enough of them.
The atheistic-hedonist leftists would be among the first groups of people the Islamists would slaughter if they took over. Maybe leftism is kind of a death wish.

Offline LateForLunch

Maybe leftism is kind of a death wish.

You nailed it. See, normal people have a strong instinctive desire and inclination to manifest life-affirming tendencies (Agape/Eros) while deviates gravitate to life-destroying, destructive proclivities (Satanism/Thantos).

Consider these definitions

Atheism - The belief that God does not exist.

Agnosticism - The belief that the existence or non-existence of God cannot be proven.

Theistic skeptic - One who believes that God may exist but is waiting for evidence/proof that they can personally accept.

Anti-Theism/Satanism - The belief that Satan is the greater god and that God also exists but that He, particularly as characterized by Christians/Judaism, is unworthy of worship or anything but opposition and hatred.

Do leftists behave more like they believe that God doesn't exist, can't be proven to exist or that God may exist but if he does, they have nothing but hatred and contempt for Him? I'll let you be the judge.

Note how far-leftists often have fetishes for Satanic things (hard drug abuse/decadence, sexual abuse of / defilement of children and innocence in general, sociopathy / crime, sadism, hatred for God and Christians/Jews). Really the far-left mindset is far more closely aligned with ANTI-THEISM not atheism, agnosticism or skepticism. The far-leftist attitude as represented by the most modern policies and actions of the 'Crats these days is hatred of God and things traditionally associated with Him. 

« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 02:49:52 pm by LateForLunch »