Author Topic: Pair charged in explosive device at elementary school; planned to shoot cops, start race war  (Read 849 times)

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
A convicted felon who claims he wanted to start a race war is behind bars in connection with the explosives device planted outside of a Trussville elementary school.

Authorities today announced state charges against 35-year-old Zachary Edwards and 34-year-old Raphel Dilligard, both of eastern Birmingham. They are charged with possession of a hoax destructive device, rendering false alarm and making terrorist threats, said Trussville police Capt. Jeff Bridges. The warrants were issued this morning after the week-long probe by the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, Trussville police, the Alabama State Fire Marshal's Office, the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency and the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office.

"My guys believe this individual to be a very dangerous person,'' said Dave Hyche, ATF's assistant special agent in charge in Alabama.

Lawmen responded en masse to Magnolia Elementary School on Wednesday, Nov. 16, after they received a 911 from a woman who reported seeing a Hispanic male place the package on a pickup truck that belonged to a school cafeteria worker. The package was a box with wires and timer attached.

[excerpted]

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2016/11/pair_charged_in_explosive_devi.html
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline 17 Oaks

• The Ranch in S Texas
Looks like another 2 folks that Obama can give a pardon...
Don:  Got here thru God, Guns and Guts, I speak John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere; this make ME: Christian, Conservative, Capitalist, Constitutionalist...

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
All they had to do was say it was a clock.  :whistle:
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
All they had to do was say it was a clock.  :whistle:
Naw, only if your name is Mohammed or Ahmed or something like that.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

Well, it is a shame these people want to start something other people will have to finish. Maybe they have been reading the Turner Diaries or something like that.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Naw, only if your name is Mohammed or Ahmed or something like that.
Yeah and how come we know we these guys were trying to achieve, but if someone screams aloha snackbar then we may never know their motivations.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
That Dylan Roof character, white, I believe also claims he was trying to start a race war when he shot up that church; I thought the Manson family was trying to start a race war back in the day.

Offline Smokin Joe

That Dylan Roof character, white, I believe also claims he was trying to start a race war when he shot up that church; I thought the Manson family was trying to start a race war back in the day.
Yep. Chucky and 'family' were supposedly trying to start a race war.

C S Lewis