Author Topic: Trump national security adviser called Islamism a 'vicious cancer'  (Read 483 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Trump national security adviser called Islamism a 'vicious cancer'

By Nikita Vladimirov - 11/22/16 03:01 PM EST

President-elect Donald Trump's incoming national security advisor, retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn, reportedly once criticized "Islamism" as a "vicious cancer."

"We are facing another 'ism,' just like we faced Nazism, and fascism, and imperialism and communism," Flynn said during an address to the Ahavath Torah Congregation in Stoughton, Mass., in August, as first reported by CNN.

"This is Islamism, it is a vicious cancer inside the body of 1.7 billion people on this planet and it has to be excised," he added.
During his speech, the retired general criticized Democratic lawmakers, claiming that many of them support instituting Shariah law in America.

"And we should fight this idea of this imposition of Shariah law into our system, and believe me folks it is happening," he said.

"All you have to do is look up something called 'the American laws for American courts,' I don't know if it's happening up here in Massachusetts, it's happening in other states. I have had people in the media, mainstream media, say, 'oh, that's all a conspiracy, it's a lie,' " Flynn continued.

"The state of Florida they have 36 senators at the state level. Thirty-six senators at the state level. Twelve of them are Democrats, the Republicans hold the majority in the Florida state Senate. All 12 Democrats, all 12 Democrats voted to impose Shariah law at the local and state level. Now, it was beaten because the Republicans are in charge. I'm telling you, this is 'American laws for America's courts,' " he added.

The former general has sparked controversy before for referring to Islam as a "cancer" and calling it a political ideology that “definitely hides behind being a religion.”

Flynn has been strongly criticized for his remarks by Muslim civil rights groups, including Muslim Advocates, who said such rhetoric adds to "an already unsafe climate for Muslims."

Last week, Trump officially selected Flynn to become his national security advisor.

“I am pleased that Lieutenant General Michael Flynn will be by my side as we work to defeat radical Islamic terrorism, navigate geopolitical challenges and keep Americans safe at home and abroad,” Trump said.

http://origin-nyi.thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/307247-michael-flynn-called-islamism-vicious-cancer
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln