Author Topic: Wall Street Journal: Mitt Romney Leads Donald Trump’s Picks for Secretary of State  (Read 544 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: WALL STREET JOURNAL

URL: http://www.wsj.com/articles/mitt-romney-leads-donald-trumps-picks-for-secretary-of-state-1479846765

by : MICHAEL C. BENDER and DAMIAN PALETTA

President-elect leans toward the former governor but advisers’ tug of war delays decision

President-elect Donald Trump is leaning toward asking former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney to be his secretary of state, according to people familiar with the deliberations.

The next U.S. president is also likely to name retired Marine Gen. James Mattis as His Secretary of Defense and South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley is his leading candidate for Ambassador to the United Nations.

CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
After scanning the reactions of over at TOS, this pick would have the potential to make the election the ultimate win-win-win result:

1) Clintons lose

2) Schadenfreude from watching Clinton supporters cry

3) Schadenfreude from watching some Trump true believers cry at being "betrayed" with the appointment of "Willard".

That's really about as good as it gets as far as I'm concerned.  And, I actually like the idea of Romney as SoS, so that's another positive.

Offline SirLinksALot

And, I actually like the idea of Romney as SoS, so that's another positive.

Just curious to know why you think Romney will make a good SoS (other than the fact that he speaks French)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 10:43:21 pm by SirLinksALot »