Author Topic: Brilliant, Must Read of the Day – ‘You Are Still Crying Wolf’  (Read 395 times)

rangerrebew

Brilliant, Must Read of the Day – ‘You Are Still Crying Wolf’
Michael Krieger | Posted Thursday Nov 17, 2016 at 1:17 pm

Scott Alexander has just penned what is perhaps the most brilliant, and important, post-election article I have read. It’s titled, You Are Still Crying Wolf, and here are the first few paragraphs:

[Content warning: hate crimes, Trump, racism. I have turned off comments to keep out bad people who might be attracted by this sort of thing. Avoid sharing in places where this will attract the wrong kind of attention, as per your best judgment. Please don’t interpret anything in this article to mean that Trump is not super terrible]

[Epistemic status: A reduction of a complicated issue to only 8000 words, because nobody would read it if it were longer. I think this is true but incomplete. I will try to discuss missing parts at more length later.]

I.

A New York Times article from last September that went viral only recently: Crying Wolf, Then Confronting Trump. It asks whether Democrats have “cried wolf” so many times that nobody believes them anymore. And so:

When “honorable and decent men” like McCain and Romney “are reflexively dubbed racists simply for opposing Democratic policies, the result is a G.O.P. electorate that doesn’t listen to admonitions when the genuine article is in their midst”.

https://libertyblitzkrieg.com/2016/11/17/brilliant-must-read-of-the-day-you-are-still-crying-wolf/#more-39806
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 11:44:34 am by rangerrebew »