Author Topic: Alt-Right Exults in Donald Trump’s Election With a Salute: ‘Heil Victory’  (Read 12142 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
That's really all you needed to say. It absolves you of all blame forever.

Don't be ridiculous.  I am to blame for things I do wrong and I acknowledge that.  But why am I to blame for not standing up to........??? Whatever.  Stuff I never see in my life or stuff you imagine.

Don't get cute with me.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

HonestJohn

Don't be ridiculous.  I am to blame for things I do wrong and I acknowledge that.  But why am I to blame for not standing up to........??? Whatever.  Stuff I never see in my life or stuff you imagine.

Don't get cute with me.

The important thing is to confront it when you find it.  To speak out when others say such things around you.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Raw Story, a leftist news website has an article that Richard Spencer is married to a Russian propagandist, those allegiances and disbursing this prop is pretty bad:

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/11/neo-nazi-richard-spencers-wife-is-a-russian-propagandist-with-allegiance-to-putin/

I think I'm also seeing stories on a websearch that Spencer is scheduled to speak at Texas A and M and the school says they can't break the engagement.

All of this is negative; glad Trump has disavowed these people.  And I hate Russia prop; that's a banana peel the new admin would have to watch out for.

HonestJohn

Raw Story, a leftist news website has an article that Richard Spencer is married to a Russian propagandist, those allegiances and disbursing this prop is pretty bad:

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/11/neo-nazi-richard-spencers-wife-is-a-russian-propagandist-with-allegiance-to-putin/

I think I'm also seeing stories on a websearch that Spencer is scheduled to speak at Texas A and M and the school says they can't break the engagement.

All of this is negative; glad Trump has disavowed these people.  And I hate Russia prop; that's a banana peel the new admin would have to watch out for.

The difference is that Trump only disavows these types when forced.

Whereas he'll take the initiative to launch a tweet-storm of condemnation when an actor asks Pence to think of those that will be negatively impacted by Trump's campaign promises.

When Trump can take the initiative to launch a tweet-storm of condemnation over groups like this... then I'll know he's sincere.

Online DB

Funny how you and Trump waited until Trump got their vote to "disavow" them...

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Funny how you and Trump waited until Trump got their vote to "disavow" them...

Yep its too late now.

Besides, Trump disavows lots of people for the public but keeps working with them in the background.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

I do agree with this.

Next step is getting rid of Bannon.

Offline goatprairie

The important thing is to confront it when you find it.  To speak out when others say such things around you.
I've known many people with different, contrasting viewpoints of mine on racial matters...so you think when you hear someone utter a dissenting viewpoint they should immediately start arguing with that person? Really? If I started remonstrating with people who had different views on things from mine, I'd have spent the majority of my life doing nothing but that.
And for the record I have argued with racists, haters about the topic...it didn't do anything to change their minds.
But if you like to do that (argue with people), go ahead. See how many minds you change.
But one thing...stop blaming people who don't like to argue for the nasty opinions of others. They, the haters, are themselves responsible. We have enough liberal  SJWs in the country as it is...we don't need conservatives ones.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
There is a middle ground. You don't have to argue with them. Just tell them you don't accept their viewpoint then walk away.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke

I would rather speak and face the wrath of evil right now then go to my deathbed in 30 or 40 years knowing that I said nothing.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

I agree but I just think this whole fear is overblown.  We are not Nazi Germany and we never will be.  Even Nazi Germany would not be NG anymore.  There's just too much information out there and too many ways for individuals to get it without relying on either press or government.

We're such a sensitive society that we can't even say things that are patently true without being rebuked if they hint of racism.

For example, I needed to get a document from the IRS when we were buying a house ... well, I just read my post and realized I cannot say this here or anywhere else.

So, that's where we are and I am here being lectured about speaking up when someone is racist.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online The_Reader_David

That's a good explanatory piece by Gottfried @TomSea

A sample:

I tried to explain that the exceedingly elastic term “Alt-right” has been claimed by a number of groups that belong to the non-establishment Right. . . .

Indeed, there is exactly one blog by a self-identified member of the "alt-right" which I read, and that only sporadically.  It's by an Orthodox Christian monarchist who professes fealty to the political ideas of Julius Evola, an Italian advocate of aristocratic ideals, whom the Fascists loved, but who didn't particularly like the Fascists. 
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
I agree but I just think this whole fear is overblown.  We are not Nazi Germany and we never will be.  Even Nazi Germany would not be NG anymore.  There's just too much information out there and too many ways for individuals to get it without relying on either press or government.

We're such a sensitive society that we can't even say things that are patently true without being rebuked if they hint of racism.

For example, I needed to get a document from the IRS when we were buying a house ... well, I just read my post and realized I cannot say this here or anywhere else.

So, that's where we are and I am here being lectured about speaking up when someone is racist.
I don't know where you stand on abortion, but at the rate we are going we may owe the Nazi's an apology. Humans are sadly human and not so different wherever you find them.  :shrug:
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I don't know the whole story about this and really do not care to because it is not that important but a few stories have come out on these jokers who were doing the "Sieg Heil"; one of them is even called "Half Jew"; they must have just been partying hard, no excuse but just stating the facts.

http://gotnews.com/analysis-no-im-not-fascist/

I've seen other articles on this, got news is fairly off-the-wall as a news source.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I don't know the whole story about this and really do not care to because it is not that important but a few stories have come out on these jokers who were doing the "Sieg Heil"; one of them is even called "Half Jew"; they must have just been partying hard, no excuse but just stating the facts.

http://gotnews.com/analysis-no-im-not-fascist/

I've seen other articles on this, got news is fairly off-the-wall as a news source.

:shrug:  If you're accused, however scurrilously, of being a Nazi last thing you want to do is run around doing "Seig Heil" salutes where people are openly filming. He may not be a Nazi but he don't have a high IQ that's for sure.