Author Topic: American Uprising (Daniel Greenfield)  (Read 5727 times)

Offline goatprairie

Re: American Uprising (Daniel Greenfield)
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2016, 12:55:09 am »
Idiotic article. Trump lost the popular vote, and many people are like me, held their nose and voted Trump to save the USSC.

So now Trump seems to spend his night watching SNL and tweeting that his side needs "equal time" and I'm wondering why I ever voted for this moron in the first place.
Ditto. From reading articles about Trump tweeting idiot actors and chewing out tv execs, it sounds like His Orangeness just doesn't get it. If he thinks he will somehow unite the country by attacking people he doesn't like, he'll never accomplish anything.
In the end I held my nose and voted for him to avoid Hillary. It remains to be seen just exactly what he will do. If he continues to plunge into witless frays with media personalities he's going to lose whatever little goodwill he has.  I don't even know if he cares or understands.
The huge Trump a**-kissers in  "conservative" talk radio like Limbaugh, Hannity, and others will applaud all his self-indulgent rants, but the image of the Republican Party and the country as a whole will be harmed by this buffoon.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2016, 01:58:41 am »
Ditto. From reading articles about Trump tweeting idiot actors and chewing out tv execs, it sounds like His Orangeness just doesn't get it. If he thinks he will somehow unite the country by attacking people he doesn't like, he'll never accomplish anything.
In the end I held my nose and voted for him to avoid Hillary. It remains to be seen just exactly what he will do. If he continues to plunge into witless frays with media personalities he's going to lose whatever little goodwill he has.  I don't even know if he cares or understands.
The huge Trump a**-kissers in  "conservative" talk radio like Limbaugh, Hannity, and others will applaud all his self-indulgent rants, but the image of the Republican Party and the country as a whole will be harmed by this buffoon.

nailed it. Idiots on our side will applaud trump attacking media etc but to the rest of the country he will come off increasingly unstable, petty and stupid. The GOP is at its high water mark but the trump presidency will be dysfunctional in the extreme and the party will be smoldering ruins when it's all done. If not the country.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2016, 03:15:11 am »
Listen.

I've been basically leaving you alone while you run victory lap after victory lap, but I have a couple of questions.

1. Isn't winning the election the start of something rather than the end?
2. Have you never been wrong about the outcome of an election before?

Can everyone just get over it already?

Both sides. The ones acting like sore losers and the ones acting like insuferably boorish winners.

Winning the election is the starting point here.

Don't run too many victory laps yet.

Yes!  Trump won because of Hillary.  Period.  Any Republican could have beaten her.

But I'll give him props for now.  I hope he puts good people in key spots.  I hope he makes good Supreme Court appointments.  I hope he gets rid of Obamacare and doesn't replace it with some form of Trump care.  I hope he institutes sensible and workable plans to stop the influx of illegal aliens.

But, I'm not holding my breath.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline doghouse

« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2016, 05:30:26 am »
Thank you president Obama.  You do recall that is what Obama said:  "We won".  That makes you nothing more than a jack-booted liberal.  And it shows.

You are no conservative, however, no matter how hard you try to pretend otherwise.

Nope, I'm an independent. 

There is one fact neither the group think on the right or the left like to deal with....

When you are blindly following the crowd you are following a big bunch of asses and when the round muscles relax guess what you are covered in....

I vote my guns first and against criminal treason all the time.  And I recognize that following the crowd always turns out the same.  Maybe you should look in a mirror someplace or just breath deep through your nose....

It is true that when you smell like everyone else around you that you do not notice a rank smell close at hand.

geronl

« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2016, 05:48:54 am »
You lost, we won, end of conversation.

That is juvenile to a T

Offline uglybiker

« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2016, 10:52:32 am »
Everything is about the change

Everything but the actual change itself.
That part remains to be seen.
nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-BATMAN!!!

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2016, 11:19:54 am »
Yes!  Trump won because of Hillary.  Period.  Any Republican could have beaten her.

But I'll give him props for now.  I hope he puts good people in key spots.  I hope he makes good Supreme Court appointments.  I hope he gets rid of Obamacare and doesn't replace it with some form of Trump care.  I hope he institutes sensible and workable plans to stop the influx of illegal aliens.

But, I'm not holding my breath.
Yes, it was a case of voting for the least-worst option. I'm hoping Trump will not be as awful as I'm sure Hillary would have been.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2016, 10:23:54 pm »
That's true!  Just exactly what you won remains to be seen.

What we won was NOT HILLARY.    For that alone it is worth it. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —