Author Topic: Hezbollah has U.S. armored personnel carriers. But how did they get them?  (Read 485 times)

rangerrebew

Hezbollah has U.S. armored personnel carriers. But how did they get them?
By Thomas Gibbons-Neff November 16

Jordanian Armed Forces M113 armored personnel carriers attack a simulated invasion force during a mission readiness exercise at the JAF’s Joint Training Center on Jan. 17. (Sgt. Youtoy Martin/U.S. Army)

Over the weekend images surfaced online of a Hezbollah parade in Qusair, Syria, featuring U.S. armored personnel carriers affixed with antiaircraft guns. The images prompted a flurry of speculation about the vehicles’ origin and whether the group had pilfered the stocks of the U.S.-supplied Lebanese military.

The armored personnel carrier, known as the M113, is one of the United States’ most ubiquitous armored vehicles and has been in service since the 1960s. The tracked semi-rhombus-shaped vehicle comes in numerous variants and can be outfitted to carry troops and artillery; its chassis was even used as the basis for a nuclear-missile carrier. It has appeared in every major U.S. conflict since the Vietnam War and is used by U.S. police departments and dozens of others countries’ militaries around the world.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2016/11/16/hezbollah-has-u-s-armored-personnel-carriers-but-how-did-they-get-them/
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 12:37:19 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
Re: Hezbollah has U.S. armored personnel carriers. But how did they get them?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2016, 01:03:08 pm »
Time to rig our own IEDs, I guess.  113s are pretty easy to take out; their aluminum armor is good against small arms up to 7.62, but anything heavier can penetrate, and AT missiles or roadside bombs will brew them right up.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2016, 01:08:25 pm »
Not much of a threat to Israeli forces in the Golan. They are specially trained to take out tanks. These little bugs would be little more than target practice for them.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2016, 07:38:43 pm »
Very HIGH profile...easy pickin's.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.