Author Topic: Fashion designer refuses to dress Melania Trump  (Read 19604 times)

Offline Fantom

Re: Fashion designer refuses to dress Melania Trump
« Reply #75 on: November 20, 2016, 10:58:29 pm »
Agree.  She's neither fat, nor a slob.

Just a lousy dresser with no sense of taste or decorum.

It's a bit irritating to see the word "fat" ascribed to women who aren't built like Twiggy.

Soooo... "built Oxen like, evoking strong bovine endurance" is better ?  ****sheep****
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

HonestJohn

« Reply #76 on: November 20, 2016, 11:13:28 pm »
@mystery-ak

No, don't think she is a b'tch, no more than bakers who refuse to bake a cake for homo marriage.  No more than Chick Fila, who use their religious beliefs in their business, no more than Hobby Lobby use their religious beliefs to close on Sunday.  This designer is using her political beliefs to run their family business.  I don't see her as any different than any other business that chooses to do this or that due to whatever they believe. 

There are also apartment buildings in New York who are removing the TRUMP name off their buildings.  That is their right since he does not own the buildings.  They were paying him to have his name there and now they are dumping his name.

goopo

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #77 on: November 20, 2016, 11:17:04 pm »
This is good news. Maybe we will not have to endure this crap anymore.

"Where did you get that dress, it's awful, and those shoes and that coat, jeeeeez!"

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #78 on: November 20, 2016, 11:23:56 pm »
"Where did you get that dress, it's awful, and those shoes and that coat, jeeeeez!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-k9VE-eEY4
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #79 on: November 20, 2016, 11:24:24 pm »
You know they ban people for skirting the profanity checker here don't you?  What they don't... cool.. carry on.   :police:

Prove to me this designer is not a female dog.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #80 on: November 20, 2016, 11:33:52 pm »
Soooo... "built Oxen like, evoking strong bovine endurance" is better ?  ****sheep****

Oxen aren't fat.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #81 on: November 20, 2016, 11:59:17 pm »
Oxen aren't fat.

...just 'big-boned', right?    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Fantom

« Reply #82 on: November 21, 2016, 12:19:18 am »
Oxen aren't fat.

So you agree, Mooch is bovine in build.

I do not take the field on  the "fat" thing. It was not my contention that there was not a better word for the First Double Wide.
  :smokin:
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

« Reply #83 on: November 21, 2016, 12:20:55 am »

LOL , not too mention, the "epitome" of grace.

Frederick Douglass

Offline musiclady

« Reply #84 on: November 21, 2016, 03:16:24 am »

My only point here is that there are muscular women who aren't at all fat.  Some women are mesomorphs, just like some men are ectomorphs.  Mesomorph women aren't men and ectomorph men aren't women.

You can't help your body type (90 pound weakling ads notwithstanding  ^-^) any more than you can help how tall you are.

And neither makes you a better or worse person.

The problem with Michelle Obama is that she is a terrible person, and a crazy, angry, hate-filled leftist.

She could reduce the size of her shoulders to practically nothing, and she'd still be awful.

But she does look terrible in the ugly clothes they've designed for her, so if her designer says she refuses to design Melania's clothes, Melania should be cheering.

Hope that's clear to everyone.  :dx1:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #85 on: November 21, 2016, 05:10:06 am »
You have decided that an individual who objects to the exercise of First Amendment rights can only do so if it is religious in nature? Victoria was only using the First Amendment as an example on how it relates to things that have been happening recently as far as religious freedom goes. The First Amendment is more than just the free speech and actions of religions. It is everyone's basic right.
@Victoria33

Kindly do not tell me what I have decided.  I don't even know what you're talking about ... that was yesterday, and yesterday's gone.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #86 on: November 21, 2016, 05:13:51 am »
@starstruck

By jove, starstruck, I believe you have it!  Of course that is what I meant.  Those examples were people running their business as they want for whatever reason.  Thanks for posting.

Didn't mean to offend you, but I still think you are being too kind to this designer.  She has not been asked to design anything for Melania, yet she was pompous enough to take a preemptive strike and declare that she wouldn't.

If she's guilty of dressing Michelle Obama, I hope Melania avoids her like the plague.

And, yes, I reserve the right to refuse service to anyone (that's a joke)
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #87 on: November 21, 2016, 12:05:27 pm »
The problem with Michelle Obama is that she is a terrible person, and a crazy, angry, hate-filled leftist.

She could reduce the size of her shoulders to practically nothing, and she'd still be awful.
She is extremely short-waisted, with substantial hips and thighs. Mooch seems unfamiliar with the notion of selecting clothing that de-emphasizes those attributes. As the old song goes, accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative ...  Those awful designer duds she's been wearing only accentuate her least attractive physical features. But you're right, she's very much a terrible person, a crazy, angry hate-filled leftist, and encasing her completely in a burlap sack won't disguise that.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #88 on: November 21, 2016, 12:54:52 pm »
I'm sure there are more than a few who won't dress Michelle Obama. Its no big deal.

Do the conservative thing and find another designer and move on.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #89 on: November 21, 2016, 01:21:23 pm »
I'm sure there are more than a few who won't dress Michelle Obama. Its no big deal.

Do the conservative thing and find another designer and move on.

I'm sure there are a lot of talented designers who would jump at the chance to design for the new First Lady.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Silver Pines

« Reply #90 on: November 21, 2016, 01:47:02 pm »
She is extremely short-waisted, with substantial hips and thighs. Mooch seems unfamiliar with the notion of selecting clothing that de-emphasizes those attributes. As the old song goes, accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative ...  Those awful designer duds she's been wearing only accentuate her least attractive physical features. But you're right, she's very much a terrible person, a crazy, angry hate-filled leftist, and encasing her completely in a burlap sack won't disguise that.

@mountaineer

I never understood why Michelle's designers didn't dress her to overcome her particular flaws.  I thought that was what they were supposed to do.  Instead they just slapped on some clothes which were frequently tacky and ugly and let her go.

She would improve her appearance if she had good posture; she would even look a few pounds lighter.  But she always slumped around and continues to do so.

Silver Pines

« Reply #91 on: November 21, 2016, 02:04:35 pm »
Just a lousy dresser with no sense of taste or decorum.

I'm not in a position to criticize anyone else's fashion sense, since I jumped off the fashion train when I was 20 and never looked back.  I can say, though, with absolute certainty, that I would definitely wear that shimmery gold dress Melania had on and would not be caught dead in anything involving a boob belt.

@Puss-N-Boots

I think the gold dress is lovely and it suits Melania.  For me personally, metallics and sequins/glitter aren't my thing, but if I had her means, I would have a ball with custom-made clothes.  I'd find a length of gorgeous silk velvet in black or dark green and have an absolute killer dress made.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #92 on: November 21, 2016, 02:08:40 pm »
@Puss-N-Boots

I think the gold dress is lovely and it suits Melania.  For me personally, metallics and sequins/glitter aren't my thing, but if I had her means, I would have a ball with custom-made clothes.  I'd find a length of gorgeous silk velvet in black or dark green and have an absolute killer dress made.

Ditto. I would love to have a silk velvet dress in those colors too.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #93 on: November 21, 2016, 02:24:08 pm »
What a b'tch...I am sure there are many designers who would love to showcase their designs by Melania wearing them

After having seen some of the creations this designer made for Mrs. Obama...if I were Melania I'd be relived this woman wasn't going to design dresses for me.

And besides...I'm sure Mrs. Trump already has a a favorite designer in mind that she plans to bring along with her to D.C. anyway.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 02:28:44 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #94 on: November 21, 2016, 02:28:43 pm »
After having seen some of the creations this designer made for Mrs. Obama...if I were Melania I'd be relived this woman wasn't going to design dresses for me.

And besides...I'm sure Mrs. Trump already has a afavorite designer in mind that she plans to bring along with her to D.C. anyway.

I'll put you a small sum that she goes for a couple of talented unknowns to showcase.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Silver Pines

« Reply #95 on: November 21, 2016, 02:29:58 pm »
Ditto. I would love to have a silk velvet dress in those colors too.

@Freya

I admit to an obsession with velvet.  I have a sapphire blue silk velvet shirt I bought a long time ago  at a steep discount....it has sterling silver buttons.  But it's blousy and really loose fitting.  I keep meaning to see if it could be cut down some....the thing would be great with jeans and boots.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #96 on: November 21, 2016, 02:33:58 pm »
@CatherineofAragon check your email.

I sent you the most darling velvet hat. I want Santa to bring me for the holiday.

Maybe Santa can get it for you too. (Hint for hubby)

Offline jpsb

« Reply #97 on: November 21, 2016, 02:46:37 pm »
Refusal by the creator of the boob belt and the other hideous garments Michelle the Mooch wore? That is a good thing.
Inventor (creator) of the boob belt? I think not.

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #98 on: November 21, 2016, 02:52:43 pm »
I've always suspected that the woman that dressed Michelle secretly hated her.  How else could one explain the horrid mistakes?  Nor could I understand why she wasn't fired and that Michelle agreed to wear such tacky clothing.

After they got all that extra weight off her, they did try to accentuate her arms which were the only trim area of her body at the risk of dressing inappropriately for many functions. 

I thought the tight skirts accenting the bulging package in the front did indeed draw the eye away from her hips.  That was a success at least.

As for that behind, I always thought they should just put a lampshade on her head and been done with it.

I was thinking pretty much the same thing, in that if the designer really wanted to slam Trump, she'd just create hideous designs for Melania.  However, one does not become a successful fashion model without some degree of savvy for fashion.  Melania would probably refuse to wear something unflattering.  Michelle is a lawyer, nuff said.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #99 on: November 21, 2016, 02:56:01 pm »
It helps that Melania is svelte and glamorous to begin with.  She could wear a flannel shirt and jeans and look good.

Unfortunately, we don't elect Presidents because their wives look good......... and some of us are particularly disturbed by some of her earlier photos, and are "old fashioned" enough to think that they should never have been posed for, nor distributed.  SOME of us want a first lady to be a lady......     :shrug:
She is European, boobs are no big deal to Europeans.