Author Topic: Fashion designer refuses to dress Melania Trump  (Read 19530 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Fashion designer refuses to dress Melania Trump
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2016, 06:31:25 pm »
@truth_seeker

What do you have against the fashion industry?  Is it somehow less legitimate than other industries?

Headhunting again, huh?

What does your ridiculous post have to do with the topic at hand?

You are bound and determined, it seems, to start a fight over anything.     **nononono*
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2016, 06:35:11 pm »
What is the bottom picture about?

The aftermath of a party a Robert Dursts place.

Silver Pines

« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2016, 06:49:56 pm »
Headhunting again, huh?

What does your ridiculous post have to do with the topic at hand?

You are bound and determined, it seems, to start a fight over anything.     **nononono*

@DCPatriot

Put down the bong and get some fresh air.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2016, 08:02:40 pm »
What is the bottom picture about?

The very best guess I can give is:  "cutting edge advertising".   :laugh:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2016, 08:34:15 pm »
This is good news. Maybe we will not have to endure this crap anymore.

I think I've seen maybe three pictures of Michelle looking good in her clothes.  She has horrible taste and a figure that's apparently hard to dress.

If that designer did some of her clothes, she owes us all an apology.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline starstruck

• Hoping 2018 is a good year
« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2016, 12:01:23 am »
You think she has a religious objection to Melania?  You're being too kind.
You have decided that an individual who objects to the exercise of First Amendment rights can only do so if it is religious in nature? Victoria was only using the First Amendment as an example on how it relates to things that have been happening recently as far as religious freedom goes. The First Amendment is more than just the free speech and actions of religions. It is everyone's basic right.
@Victoria33
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people�s liberty teeth and keystone under independence. � George Washington

geronl

« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2016, 12:22:45 am »
Who cares, why is this even a story. They ain't royalty and people do not have to bow down and do their bidding

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2016, 12:49:15 am »
Who cares, why is this even a story. They ain't royalty and people do not have to bow down and do their bidding
It's a symptom of liberalism overall.

One of the programs I use has a active open source-ish community for add ons. One guy who wrote some good stuff took all his software offline and screamed and hollered about it was piracy if anyone distributed it but him. This was prior to the election as a self proclaimed political statement 'because Trump sucks'. Many unfortunately tolerated his tantrum because they wanted his free shit/it worked pretty well.

He then promised to return it post election regardless of the outcome.

He then put it online for a couple days, then reverted to his tantrum, took it all offline again and supposedly quit the scene/community leaving everyone using his code in the lurch. This chick is of the same mold. A lot of special snowflakes are.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2016, 03:10:52 am »
You have decided that an individual who objects to the exercise of First Amendment rights can only do so if it is religious in nature? Victoria was only using the First Amendment as an example on how it relates to things that have been happening recently as far as religious freedom goes. The First Amendment is more than just the free speech and actions of religions. It is everyone's basic right.
@Victoria33
@starstruck

By jove, starstruck, I believe you have it!  Of course that is what I meant.  Those examples were people running their business as they want for whatever reason.  Thanks for posting.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2016, 04:23:48 am »
and a figure that's apparently hard to dress.

I agree. She's a fat slob.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #60 on: November 20, 2016, 05:04:19 am »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #61 on: November 20, 2016, 05:14:49 am »
 :smokin:

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #62 on: November 20, 2016, 08:05:55 am »

No matter how feminine they try to make themselves. No matter how much hair and nails they do. No matter how expensive the dress is.
Men simply do not look good in women's clothes, no matter how hard they try.

You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Puss-N-Boots

• God. Family. Seahawks!
« Reply #63 on: November 20, 2016, 01:52:23 pm »
I agree. She's a fat slob.
I wouldn't call her a fat slob.  She just doesn't understand how to dress according to her figure and ends up accentuating the.. ah.. negative. :whistle:
The Constitution is not a suggestion.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #64 on: November 20, 2016, 02:47:56 pm »
I wouldn't call her a fat slob.  She just doesn't understand how to dress according to her figure and ends up accentuating the.. ah.. negative. :whistle:

Agree.  She's neither fat, nor a slob.

Just a lousy dresser with no sense of taste or decorum.

It's a bit irritating to see the word "fat" ascribed to women who aren't built like Twiggy.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Puss-N-Boots

• God. Family. Seahawks!
« Reply #65 on: November 20, 2016, 02:51:23 pm »

I'm not in a position to criticize anyone else's fashion sense, since I jumped off the fashion train when I was 20 and never looked back.  I can say, though, with absolute certainty, that I would definitely wear that shimmery gold dress Melania had on and would not be caught dead in anything involving a boob belt.
The Constitution is not a suggestion.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #66 on: November 20, 2016, 05:26:12 pm »
Agree.  She's neither fat, nor a slob.

It's a bit irritating to see the word "fat" ascribed to women who aren't built like Twiggy.
Different folks accumulate fat in different places. I have noticed there have been few full-body profile views of Michelle in the past couple of years.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

« Reply #67 on: November 20, 2016, 05:55:15 pm »
Different folks accumulate fat in different places. I have noticed there have been few full-body profile views of Michelle in the past couple of years.

She's sturdily built, and has a typical African-American structure.

I'd rather focus on the awful things she says, her radical leftism and her incessant anger at whites when she's more privileged than almost any of us, and leave her looks alone.

(But she does dress terribly and wears exactly the wrong things for her build.....  :whistle: )

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #68 on: November 20, 2016, 08:02:26 pm »
She's sturdily built, and has a typical African-American structure.
Well, depends on the part of Africa, I guess. Most African American women where I grew up were either round or skinny. Not so much with a conspicuous 'bustle', or disproportionately broad shoulders.
I'd rather focus on the awful things she says, her radical leftism and her incessant anger at whites when she's more privileged than almost any of us, and leave her looks alone.
Well, yes, there are those less conspicuous details, and it is the anger toward whites which had made this one of the most racist administrations in a century. That has carried over into policy, and incidents from the beer summit to the burning of Baltimore, Fergusson, etc. have been encouraged by the obvious lack of opposition by the administration. Equally, the thought that grandkids come home from school ravenous because the caloric content of their "meals" at school is not geared for active and developing children in either quantity or type because of her unelected intrusion into what should be local matters irks me no end.
When she made the crack about 'for the first time, she was proud to be an American' I was for deporting her to the country she'd be 'proud of'', of her choice. Other insults followed. I will be glad to no longer have her representing the United States in any way, and will ever consider that one of her 'vacations' would have fully funded a dozen middle class households in heretofore unknown luxury for a year or more.
(But she does dress terribly and wears exactly the wrong things for her build.....  :whistle: )
I'm not sure the 'right' clothes for her build come without the helmet, cleats, face guard, etc.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

« Reply #69 on: November 20, 2016, 08:06:10 pm »
Well, depends on the part of Africa, I guess. Most African American women where I grew up were either round or skinny. Not so much with a conspicuous 'bustle', or disproportionately broad shoulders. Well, yes, there are those less conspicuous details, and it is the anger toward whites which had made this one of the most racist administrations in a century. That has carried over into policy, and incidents from the beer summit to the burning of Baltimore, Fergusson, etc. have been encouraged by the obvious lack of opposition by the administration. Equally, the thought that grandkids come home from school ravenous because the caloric content of their "meals" at school is not geared for active and developing children in either quantity or type because of her unelected intrusion into what should be local matters irks me no end.
When she made the crack about 'for the first time, she was proud to be an American' I was for deporting her to the country she'd be 'proud of'', of her choice. Other insults followed. I will be glad to no longer have her representing the United States in any way, and will ever consider that one of her 'vacations' would have fully funded a dozen middle class households in heretofore unknown luxury for a year or more. I'm not sure the 'right' clothes for her build come without the helmet, cleats, face guard, etc.

Hard to disagree with any of that....... especially the middle section, which is the reason I find her so distasteful.

The "right" clothes should de-emphasize her flaws.  Nothing she wears does.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #70 on: November 20, 2016, 08:15:58 pm »
Hard to disagree with any of that....... especially the middle section, which is the reason I find her so distasteful.

The "right" clothes should de-emphasize her flaws.  Nothing she wears does.
Dark panels on the sides, light in the middle could change the appearance of her form, it's a lot like camouflage. It seems she wore stuff that highlighted all the wrong parts, and that emphasized the structural features it should have drawn the eye away from.
Not having designers who created such garments means Mrs. Trump will appear svelte and glamorous instead. Those people could have made Twiggy look matronly.

C S Lewis

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #71 on: November 20, 2016, 08:36:14 pm »
Michelle needed help, Melania does not.  She will look good in anything.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #72 on: November 20, 2016, 08:39:37 pm »
Dark panels on the sides, light in the middle could change the appearance of her form, it's a lot like camouflage. It seems she wore stuff that highlighted all the wrong parts, and that emphasized the structural features it should have drawn the eye away from.
Not having designers who created such garments means Mrs. Trump will appear svelte and glamorous instead. Those people could have made Twiggy look matronly.

It helps that Melania is svelte and glamorous to begin with.  She could wear a flannel shirt and jeans and look good.

Unfortunately, we don't elect Presidents because their wives look good......... and some of us are particularly disturbed by some of her earlier photos, and are "old fashioned" enough to think that they should never have been posed for, nor distributed.  SOME of us want a first lady to be a lady......     :shrug:

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #73 on: November 20, 2016, 09:00:11 pm »
It helps that Melania is svelte and glamorous to begin with.  She could wear a flannel shirt and jeans and look good.

Unfortunately, we don't elect Presidents because their wives look good......... and some of us are particularly disturbed by some of her earlier photos, and are "old fashioned" enough to think that they should never have been posed for, nor distributed.  SOME of us want a first lady to be a lady......     :shrug:
Yes, with a capital 'L'.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 09:03:43 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #74 on: November 20, 2016, 09:03:16 pm »
Michelle needed help, Melania does not.  She will look good in anything.
Sorry, Michele didn't need mere help, more like Divine Intervention. The thing which made her ugly, though wasn't her physique, but her demeanor.
Melania is blessed with good looks and a nice figure, and is someone who should be easy to clothe well. Someone mentioned she'd look good in a flannel shirt and jeans, and I agree. Part of having been a model is that she makes the clothes look good, not so much the other way around.

C S Lewis