Author Topic: Report: Donald Trump to Pick Mike Huckabee as Ambassador to Israel  (Read 3499 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
by Alex Swoyer18 Nov 2016Washington, DC

Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee is reportedly President-elect Donald Trump’s pick for ambassador to Israel.

Yahoo News, citing The Jerusalem Post, reports several members on the President-elect’s transition team say Huckabee will take the post as ambassador to Israel for the Trump administration.

Hogan Gidley, who served as Huckabee’s communications director and is still close to the former Arkansas governor, previously told Breitbart News that Huckabee was under consideration for a number of possible positions in the new administration.

Gidley did not respond to Breitbart News’s inquiry about the ambassador to Israel position.

Huckabee is friends with Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and has visited Israel a number of times since he was 17-years-old.

Fox News reports Huckabee will meet with Trump on Friday.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/11/18/report-donald-trump-pick-mike-huckabee-ambassador-israel/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: Report: Donald Trump to Pick Mike Huckabee as Ambassador to Israel
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 05:28:20 pm »
That should get him safely out of the way.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2016, 08:36:21 pm »
Even more interesting headline:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3950596/Trump-set-make-Mike-Huckabee-ambassador-Israel-U-S-embassy-Jerusalem-transition-official-says-Governor-Huckabee-going-through.html

Transition official says Trump will make Mike Huckabee ambassador to Israel and move U.S. embassy to Jerusalem

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2016, 08:38:16 pm »
Here's the plan for Israel as per the Daily Mail:

* Huckabee is a two-time former White House hopeful and former governor of Arkansas; he met with Donald Trump on Friday afternoon

* He's also a Baptist preacher, an electric bass player and a former weekend talk show host on the Fox News Channel

* An official with the Trump presidential transition told DailyMail.com that the president-elect has offered Huckabee the job of Ambassador to Israel

* The official also said Trump will move the U.S. embassy to Jerusalem: 'That's going to happen. Governor Huckabee is going to see it through'

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2016, 08:42:44 pm »
Great selection, a true conservative.

All of these selections have been great so far.

Don't listen to the  :troll:

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2016, 09:07:38 pm »
Bookmarking
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

HonestJohn

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2016, 09:14:44 pm »
Huckabee looks the sort that loves bacon, based on his size, place of origin, and culture.

And pork isn't easy to find in Israel.

I don't think he'll be happy there.

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2016, 09:37:28 pm »
Huckabee looks the sort that loves bacon, based on his size, place of origin, and culture.

And pork isn't easy to find in Israel.

I don't think he'll be happy there.

Arkansas is famous for its fried chicken (Tyson Foods is one of the biggest poultry supplier in the nation), of which there are plenty in Israel ( I've been there ).

And if he's not insisting on pork, there are Amazing beef burgers aplenty in Israel.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 09:38:40 pm by SirLinksALot »

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2016, 09:50:29 pm »
To the best of my knowledge, Huckster is pro Israel so win/win. Gets him out of America's hair and he won't intentionally hurt a good ally.

Wingnut

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2016, 09:53:46 pm »

Oy Vey!

Offline r9etb

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2016, 09:57:53 pm »

Well, it would keep him out of the domestic media, at least.

However.... Ambassador to Israel is one of the truly strategic appointments Trump has to make, Israel being one of the few sane and trustworthy countries in the entire region.  We need them as an ally, and we need somebody who can deal effectively with Netanyahu and his successors.

I have quite a few doubts about Huckabee's suitability at a time when there is a pressing need for an ambassador who has a firm grasp of subjects ranging from military matters, to geopolitics, to Islam.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2016, 09:58:43 pm »
To the best of my knowledge, Huckster is pro Israel so win/win. Gets him out of America's hair and he won't intentionally hurt a good ally.

Well Huck did indicate that he had payback in mind for those who didn't show sufficient deference to the president elect. Maybe this is Trump's way of giving him a timeout.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2016, 10:04:02 pm »
He must give one heck of a boot licking to get an ambassadorship to Israel.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2016, 10:05:25 pm »
He must give one heck of a boot licking to get an ambassadorship to Israel.

I'll see your "oot" and raise you an "utt."

Offline TomSea

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2016, 10:06:48 pm »
Boy, the sore Cruz-ers show themselves when they say such things about a Christian man like Mike Huckabee.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2016, 10:08:16 pm »
Well Huck did indicate that he had payback in mind for those who didn't show sufficient deference to the president elect. Maybe this is Trump's way of giving him a timeout.

I see it more as making him the target of all the screaming to come when they move the embassy. And I'm OK with that. I expect the left to go into screaming fits about it regardless of who is ambassador, so let Huck use his bulk to absorb the vitrol.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2016, 10:10:14 pm »
Boy, the sore Cruz-ers show themselves when they say such things about a Christian man like Mike Huckabee.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2016, 10:12:38 pm »

We have a better chance of winning a Ferrari than our resident propagandist saying something intelligent.  I sure am looking forward to that car.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2016, 10:14:45 pm »
Can anyone name the current US ambassador to Israel?  :pondering:

I sure can't...

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2016, 10:23:22 pm »
I see it more as making him the target of all the screaming to come when they move the embassy. And I'm OK with that. I expect the left to go into screaming fits about it regardless of who is ambassador, so let Huck use his bulk to absorb the vitrol.

People shouldn't forget who Mike Huckabee is. The Huckster has a tendency to stick his foot in his mouth at the most inopportune moments.

I suppose we can count on Trump to name Santorum Ambassador to the Vatican (A better pick than Huck for Israel)

Offline r9etb

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2016, 10:27:42 pm »
Can anyone name the current US ambassador to Israel?  :pondering:

I sure can't...

You made me go look it up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Ambassador_to_Israel

A large majority of ambassadors to Israel have been Career Foreign Service Officers.  As a practical matter, it means that they have experience in and knowledge of the region, which is in keeping with my assertion that the Ambassador to Israel serves a strategic role.

The political appointees have all been appointed by Democrats.  The past two political appointees -- Indyk (Clinton) and Shapiro (Obama) appear to have been appointed as agents of a particular policy agenda; but both cases had been rather deeply involved in Israel-related positions beforehand.

Huckabee is not even in the same school -- much less the same class -- as those who have been there before.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 10:28:30 pm by r9etb »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2016, 10:35:15 pm »
Actually, I spoke too soon, as Ted Cruz is a true Christian, I doubt if his followers would say such a thing about a Mike Huckabee.

Last night, this one ol' boy didn't even know a lot of Fundamentalists see dancing as a sin.

As far as I'm concerned, I need to bite my tongue, I think a lot of folks are just democrats and these are alinsky tactics for their crummy evil party since you never see a good number of these folks criticize the demon rats.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2016, 10:35:50 pm »
You made me go look it up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Ambassador_to_Israel

A large majority of ambassadors to Israel have been Career Foreign Service Officers.  As a practical matter, it means that they have experience in and knowledge of the region, which is in keeping with my assertion that the Ambassador to Israel serves a strategic role.

The political appointees have all been appointed by Democrats.  The past two political appointees -- Indyk (Clinton) and Shapiro (Obama) appear to have been appointed as agents of a particular policy agenda; but both cases had been rather deeply involved in Israel-related positions beforehand.

Huckabee is not even in the same school -- much less the same class -- as those who have been there before.

The best I can see for Huckabee in this case is at least he isn't Michael Flynn.

If it were up to me, the huckster would be a better fit as ambassador to someplace like Argentina. Important but not requiring the depth of strategic knowledge. He could learn a little about the Falkland Islands to avoid stepping in a mess and he would be fine.