Author Topic: Scam artist admits to writing FAKE TRUMP stories to CASH in on gullible supporters!  (Read 971 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
.....This was one of the most infuriating aspects of the primary and the election – the Trump campaign would excrete out any story they thought would help them no matter how false it was. All we could do is watch helplessly as angry witless supporters retweeted and reposted the execrable lies.

“I think Trump is in the White House because of me. His followers don’t fact-check anything — they’ll post everything, believe anything,” Horner, 38, told the Washington Post. “His campaign manager posted my story about a protester getting paid $3,500 as fact. Like, I made that up. I posted a fake ad on Craigslist.”.....

http://therightscoop.com/scam-artist-admits-writing-fake-trump-stories-cash-gullible-supporters/

Offline ABX

geronl

Some Macedonians made out well too.

Offline endicom

Looks like a scam.

Offline ABX

Some Macedonians made out well too.

And the guys up in New Jersey who have the Prntly and Marshall Report websites as well.

Offline ABX

Looks like a scam.

That's exactly what it was. (and a lot of sites did this, not just the ones this guy owned). Create fake news stories, often about over the top claims with crazy titles and use social media sites to get peole to share them driving traffic back to the sites, generating AdSense ad revenue.  It is big business.

It makes you wonder of Google will charge them back for the advertising revenue paid out now that they are exposed. most probably came from their AdSense network.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 08:28:03 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
@AbaraXas

Nice avatar!  We're all counting on you.

Offline ABX

@AbaraXas

Nice avatar!  We're all counting on you.

LOL, technically not the origin of the screen name but one of the worst movies ever made.

Wingnut

LOL, technically not the origin of the screen name but one of the worst movies ever made.

So...you are not the Guardian of the Universe

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

Jesse the Body right? It was a Rifftrax movie...

Wingnut

Jesse the Body right? It was a Rifftrax movie...

With a chest-wig in all his mumbling glory...yessirree!

Offline Suppressed

You posted on Facebook a couple weeks ago that you had a lot of ideas for satirizing Clinton and other figures, but that “no joke . . . in doing this for six years, the people who clicked ads the most, like it’s the cure for cancer, is right-wing Republicans.” That makes it sound like you’ve found targeting conservatives is more profitable.

Yeah, it is. They don’t fact-check.

Sad to say, that's been my experience, too, as long as we include faux-conservatives like FReepers/Trumpsters in "conservatives".  Also why conservative newspapers die out while liberal ones live on...
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn