Author Topic: Obama: I Hope Trump Stands Up To Russia When It Flouts Int'l Norms  (Read 487 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
President Barack Obama expressed some concern over the possibility that President-elect Donald Trump might try to "cut some deals" in order to work with Russia rather than standing up for Western ideals.

In a press conference with German Chancellor Angela Merkel on Wednesday in Berlin, Obama said he hoped that the President-elect followed his own administration’s stated model of valuing human rights and national sovereignty in dealing with Russia.

"My hope is the President-elect coming in takes a similarly constructive approach, finding areas where we can cooperate with Russia, where our values and interests align," Obama said, "but that the President-elect also is willing to stand up to Russia where they are deviating from our values and international norms."...

Read more at: http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/obama-hope-trump-will-stand-up-to-russia
The Republic is lost.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: Obama: I Hope Trump Stands Up To Russia When It Flouts Int'l Norms
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 07:36:48 pm »
President Barack Obama expressed some concern over the possibility that President-elect Donald Trump might try to "cut some deals" in order to work with Russia rather than standing up for Western ideals.

In a press conference with German Chancellor Angela Merkel on Wednesday in Berlin, Obama said he hoped that the President-elect followed his own administration’s stated model of valuing human rights and national sovereignty in dealing with Russia.

"My hope is the President-elect coming in takes a similarly constructive approach, finding areas where we can cooperate with Russia, where our values and interests align," Obama said, "but that the President-elect also is willing to stand up to Russia where they are deviating from our values and international norms."...

Read more at: http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/obama-hope-trump-will-stand-up-to-russia

Whatever, Mr. Syrian Red Line....

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2016, 07:39:15 pm »
Like you stood up to Iran, Bozo?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 07:41:03 pm »
Obama to Trump - "I hope you do what I refused to do."
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline r9etb

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2016, 08:16:44 pm »
Like you stood up to Iran, Bozo?

Or Russia?

Oh, I will be so happy when I don't have to hear that guy's inane sermonizing anymore.....