Author Topic: Trump considering SC Gov. Nikki Haley for secretary of State: reports  (Read 3100 times)

HonestJohn

Re: Trump considering SC Gov. Nikki Haley for secretary of State: reports
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2016, 03:01:30 am »
This is interesting.

India would be pleased as punch.

Not sure if she'd take the position, though.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 03:01:53 am by HonestJohn »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2016, 03:03:48 am »
This has to be misinformation..I cannot see how she is qualified for such a position...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2016, 03:35:06 am »
This has to be misinformation..I cannot see how she is qualified for such a position...

She's certainly just as qualified as Hillary Clinton was.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2016, 03:37:26 am »
Haley and Romney appear to show Trump is willing to recruit talent without regard to whether they backed him in the recent scrum.   Or course,  Trump hasn't hired anyone yet.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 03:38:14 am by Jazzhead »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2016, 03:39:29 am »
From what I've read, there are enough Republicans who oppose Bolton in the Senate that, when combined with the Democrat Senators, will make his confirmation impossible.

Sounds about right.   Bolton is not confirmable.   Maybe in another position.   Trump knows (or will soon know) that every Cabinet pick has to have sold support in the GOP Senate.   Thanks to dingy Harry,  all that's needed is a majority, but the majority is very slim.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 03:42:05 am by Jazzhead »

Online libertybele

« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2016, 03:51:46 am »
All part of the head fake.

In the past few days, people who strongly opposed Trump have been rumored to be considered for positions in the Trump administration
Cruz, Romney and Haley.

No way.

Why does Trump talk with people that don't like him?
Its a freebie.
It makes him look good and he doesn't commit to anything.

IMHO I think Trump is calling different people in and asking their opinions and advice and the media is assuming that everyone Trump is talking to he wants to place them in his cabinet.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2016, 03:59:12 am »

Agreed.  She's been a governor for 5 years and prior to that she was in the S.C. House of Representatives.  Education wise she has a B.S. in accounting.  Absolutely nothing that would prepare her for being Secretary of State; she has no foreign policy experience whatsoever and this position is far too important to place someone with no experience.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2016, 04:02:38 am »
Haley and Romney appear to show Trump is willing to recruit talent without regard to whether they backed him in the recent scrum.   Or course,  Trump hasn't hired anyone yet.

Trump is using the opportunity of conducting cabinet interviews to meet with his opponents within the GOP.

The ultimate goal may be to mend fences within the party...I'd be very surprised if either Romney or Haley is actually named SoS.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2016, 04:54:40 am »

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2016, 09:23:25 am »

No..  The Confederacy was a nation that took up arms against this country.  No a bunch of states that left country and rebelled. If you want to fly flag so be it..

I find it ironic you post an inquiry in the genealogy thread the same day you defend a "1st generation" non-American descent Governor and her Confederate attack stance.  Her and her  ilk supports factions who would rather have any and all references to our records and heritage (100-150 years ago) destroyed or sealed in museum boxes.  That is just the sane ones.  Others more radical would rather  dig up confederate Generals,  deface or destroy Confederate Soldier Memorials, or criminalize display of the CBF. 

Again, you do don't have any clue that we had ancestors who though fought for an unjust cause, still fought with valor and died defending their soil against invaders.  I have no problem railing against the institution of slavery, but to erase everything else that was good just by association is ridiculous.

You are a conservative right?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 09:25:06 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2016, 10:37:44 am »
Thumbs down.  Her southern heritage attack episode puts her on my perpetual sh__ list.

Of course Trump himself has the same stance.

Silver Pines

« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2016, 12:01:00 pm »
Of course Trump himself has the same stance.

@Cripplecreek

I don't know how to copy and paste from this phone yet, or I'd post Ann Coulter's twitter response to the Haley news.  Coulter is one vile piece of work.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2016, 12:04:39 pm »
@Cripplecreek

I don't know how to copy and paste from this phone yet, or I'd post Ann Coulter's twitter response to the Haley news.  Coulter is one vile piece of work.

I saw it. She (Coulter) says if Trump wants an Indian so bad he should get Tonto.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2016, 12:10:18 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

As the Trump crowd continues to deny it, these people continue to get worse.

Just the other day Bannon was supported with support for Japanese internment camps.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2016, 12:38:15 pm »
This thread may be all ado about nothing.  Romney may be the SOS selection, not Halley. As for how I feel about her, I like her, but SOS is not a position I would appoint her to.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Silver Pines

« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2016, 01:45:15 pm »
I saw it. She (Coulter) says if Trump wants an Indian so bad he should get Tonto.

@Cripplecreek

I'm surprised she hasn't started doing a weekly column for Stormfront.  She might as well.

Silver Pines

« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2016, 01:49:53 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

As the Trump crowd continues to deny it, these people continue to get worse.

Just the other day Bannon was supported with support for Japanese internment camps.

Oh, is that right?  And those camps were the work of a progressive.

Thanks for posting the tweet, @Cripplecreek .

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2016, 02:04:52 pm »
@Cripplecreek

I'm surprised she hasn't started doing a weekly column for Stormfront.  She might as well.

I don't call her the queen of the Aryan Brotherhood for nothin.