Author Topic: The Borking of Bannon — or Why Trump’s Breitbart Pick Bests the New York Times’ Arthur Sulzberger  (Read 1876 times)

Offline endicom

Algemeiner
Ira Stoll
Nov. 16, 2016

The New York Times finds President-elect Donald Trump’s appointment of Stephen Bannon as counselor to the president to be so alarming that it devoted both its lead front page news article yesterday, a second front-page news article, and its lead editorial to the development, airing the worry that, as one of the news articles put it, Mr. Bannon “will bring anti-Semitic, nationalist and racist views to the West Wing.”

The entire situation reminded me of the attack on Judge Robert Bork, an honorable and decent man, of whom Senator Edward Kennedy claimed, “Robert Bork’s America is a land in which women would be forced into back-alley abortions, blacks would sit at segregated lunch counters, rogue police could break down citizens’ doors in midnight raids, and schoolchildren could not be taught about evolution.”

The “racism” attack worked to block Bork’s elevation to the Supreme Court. Now it’s being tried against Mr. Bannon, with the additional charge of antisemitism.

More... https://www.algemeiner.com/2016/11/16/the-borking-of-bannon-or-why-trumps-breitbart-pick-bests-the-new-york-times-arthur-sulzberger/

Offline Suppressed

...except, with Bork, it wasn't true.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the Trump Way:

• Trump does something or nominates someone heinous and unacceptable
  • Waits for the backlash
  • Trump caucus whines like little liberals that it's not fair, the media's part of a conspiracy and nothing bad about anything TRUMP can possibly be true

Grow up.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Bannon is a dope and looks like a child molester.

Put this dude in some diapers and send him packing.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Algemeiner is an Israeli newspaper, pretty good.

So discard it if one wants but I would not. Algemeiner seems decent from what I've seen, which is limited. I don't know their slant.

Offline TomSea

Bannon was a Naval Officer, his credentials are good; and Breitbart has published many good articles especially during the subversive Democratic administration.

• Technical
Bannon was a Naval Officer, his credentials are good; and Breitbart has published many good articles especially during the subversive Democratic administration.

I was neutral on him until he went populist.

You never go full retard son. And the guy can't even properly groom himself.

Offline TomSea

It's like Ann Coulter said, the press and many others, called Trump the worse names for 18 months.

Now, they turn their fire elsewhere and are doing the same to Bannon.

As she said "screw 'em".

Blacks and Jews have both come out for Bannon.

Offline TomSea

Why I Support Steve Bannon: An Open Letter to ADL’s Jonathan Greenblatt
https://www.algemeiner.com/2016/11/16/why-i-support-steve-bannon/

This stuff that has been in the news is just the same bs from the liberal media, people were posting articles from WaPo where WaPo said very vicious things about Trump.

Lamestream media has cried wolf too often and has been shown whom they are.

Greenblatt above, says how he has written many articles for the Huffington Post, really, the left's Breitbart.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 01:21:17 pm by TomSea »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Bannon....

Pure and simple.....   The one single man who destroyed the legacy and name of Andrew Brietbart
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline TomSea

The media has been wrong on everything,

They were saying this election would be an epic blowout for Clinton,

They said the Republicans were worried about the Trump effect and might lose a lot of seats.

Why listen to what the media says? They are obviously biased.

• Technical
The media has been wrong on everything,

They were saying this election would be an epic blowout for Clinton,

They said the Republicans were worried about the Trump effect and might lose a lot of seats.

Why listen to what the media says? They are obviously biased.

They were wrong about a lot, but not everything. HRC did win the popular vote.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the Trump Way:

• Trump does something or nominates someone heinous and unacceptable
  • Waits for the backlash
  • Trump caucus whines like little liberals that it's not fair, the media's part of a conspiracy and nothing bad about anything TRUMP can possibly be true

A whole new group of perpetual victims.

Grow up.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Bannon....

Pure and simple.....   The one single man who destroyed the legacy and name of Andrew Brietbart

Exactly.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline endicom

They were wrong about a lot, but not everything. HRC did win the popular vote.

One reason the popular vote is deceptive is that the candidates campaign for the electoral votes.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
...except, with Bork, it wasn't true.

That and it was...and continues to be...the standard boilerplate that Liberals toss out against any Justice that even hints at being Conservative.

Anyone with a passing knowledge of the modern Democrat party knows this.  I guess the Op-Ed writer at this Israeli online newspaper didn't do his research.

Here's what The Swimmer had to say about the nomination:

Robert Bork's America is a land in which women would be forced into back-alley abortions, blacks would sit at segregated lunch counters, rogue police could break down citizens' doors in midnight raids, schoolchildren could not be taught about evolution, writers and artists could be censored at the whim of the Government, and the doors of the Federal courts would be shut on the fingers of millions of citizens.

The Libs have said a variation on this same theme for the last 40 years.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
The ADL reversed on him. They can't find anything bad on him.

This McCarthy type behavior by the Democrats is atypical. They will dogpile on him and the sheeple will go along. Reason and logic get tossed aside and pure emotion will fire up the lynch mob. Even if they never find anything, the accusation is all anyone remembers. The media will refer to it whenever his name is mentioned.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 03:34:59 pm by Restored »
Countdown to Resignation

Offline TomSea

The ADL reversed on him. They can't find anything bad on him.

This McCarthy type behavior by the Democrats is atypical. They will dogpile on him and the sheeple will go along. Reason and logic get tossed aside and pure emotion will fire up the lynch mob. Even if they never find anything, the accusation is all anyone remembers. The media will refer to it whenever his name is mentioned.

:thumbsup: