Author Topic: Activists Plan ‘Non-Peaceful’ Action At Trump’s Inauguration  (Read 1276 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Activists Plan ‘Non-Peaceful’ Action At Trump’s Inauguration
A collection of radical activists and anarchists pledge to put Washington D.C. in "total paralysis" when "The Donald" gets sworn in as president

By James King and Jacob Steinblatt
Nov 17, 2016 at 5:00 PM ET

When Donald Trump is sworn in as president on January 20, there will protesters with signs and people marching in opposition to the newly elected president. But others are planning “direct action” activism that will leave Washington D.C. in “total paralysis,” according to an organizer of activists and anarchists who plan to create chaos across the capitol city in an attempt to disrupt the inauguration and mobilize people in the growing movement against Trump.

Since Trump’s election, a movement called DisruptJ20 has taken off online among activist groups, anarchists, and the anti-facist movement. The goal is to organize the groups and ideologies under a shared goal: disrupting Washington D.C. on inauguration day in protest of Trump’s presidency in any way they can.

“We’re not just organizing some boring-ass march,” one of the organizers, Legba Carrefour, told Vocativ. “We want direct action.”

The goal, he said, is to simply create a disruption and “build on an evolving movement.”

more
http://www.vocativ.com/377094/activists-action-trump-inauguration/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline doghouse

Re: Activists Plan ‘Non-Peaceful’ Action At Trump’s Inauguration
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2016, 05:25:01 am »
It does not matter there will be no grandfather arrangements.  The feds will do what they are told to do with them after Trump becomes president.

These punks and thugs have convinced themselves that they have a right to violence, they do not.  There will be more Trump folks there than protesters and if they are threatened they have every right to protect themselves until the violent ones are gone or no longer present the threat.

I know there are trees there so maybe we need to start a new fashion fad.  Everyone needs to wear a rope as a belt.

No problem at all.

Honestly all I was thinking about was securing them until the authorities can get there by tieing them to the trees.....

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2016, 06:44:53 am »
I never cease to be amazed how leftists can rebrand punks and thuggery into something that sounds socially acceptable, if not outright morally justifiable.
The Republic is lost.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2016, 07:17:49 am »
Section 802 of the USA PATRIOT Act (Pub. L. No. 107-52) expanded the definition of terrorism to cover ""domestic,"" as opposed to international, terrorism.   A person engages in domestic terrorism if they do an act ""dangerous to human life"" that is a violation of the criminal laws of a state or the United States, if the act appears to be intended to:  (i) intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination or kidnapping.  Additionally, the acts have to occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States and if they do not, may be regarded as international terrorism.

Section 802 does not create a new crime of domestic terrorism.  However, it does expand the type of conduct that the government can investigate when it is investigating ""terrorism.""   The USA PATRIOT Act expanded governmental powers to investigate terrorism, and some of these powers are applicable to domestic terrorism.

The definition of domestic terrorism is broad enough to encompass the activities of several prominent activist campaigns and organizations. Greenpeace, Operation Rescue, Vieques Island and WTO protesters and the Environmental Liberation Front have all recently engaged in activities that could subject them to being investigated as engaging in domestic terrorism. 

One recent example is the Vieques Island protests, when many people, including several prominent Americans, participated in civil disobedience on a military installation where the United States government has been engaging in regular military exercises, which these protesters oppose.  The protesters illegally entered the military base and tried to obstruct the bombing exercises.  This conduct would fall within the definition of domestic terrorism because the protesters broke federal law by unlawfully entering the airbase and their acts were for the purpose of influencing a government policy by intimidation or coercion.  The act of trying to disrupt bombing exercises arguably created a danger to human life - their own and those of military personnel.  Using this hypothetical as a starting point, we will go through the USA PATRIOT Act and explore the new governmental powers that could be brought to bear on Vieques Island protesters whose conduct falls within the overbroad definition of domestic terrorism.   

Seizure of assets - Sec. 806:  Section 806 of the Act could result in the civil seizure of their assets without a prior hearing, and without them ever being convicted of a crime. It is by far the most significant change of which political organizations need to be aware.  Section 806 amended the civil asset forfeiture statute to authorize the government to seize and forfeit:  all assets, foreign or domestic (i) of any individual, entity, or organization engaged in planning or perpetrating any act of domestic or international terrorism against the United States, or their property, and all assets, foreign or domestic, affording any person a source of influence over any such entity or organization or (ii) acquired or maintained by any person with the intent and for the purpose of supporting, planning, conducting, or concealing an act of domestic or international terrorism against the United States, citizens or residents of the United States or their property or (iii) derived from, involved in, or used or intended to be used to commit any act of domestic or international terrorism against the United States, citizens or residents of the United States, or their property.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2016, 10:23:50 am »
Time for a new Kent State?

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2016, 02:31:43 pm »
I was invited to go to this.

I don't know if I should. There's a bus load of local women going... I think it would be a once in a life time event to experience. You know, the kind you tell your grandbabies.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline doghouse

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2016, 06:01:05 am »
If you are going to witness history, go for it. 

I do not do well in crowds like that and if threatened with violence I would react to neutralize that threat.

I don't need to be in the middle of that if the punks and thugs are determined to keep sparking until something blows up.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2016, 10:46:25 am »
Activists?  No.  These marches are organized and directed by professional  anarchists and terrorists.  But hey, we can't have the media telling it like it is, can we?

By the way, if any of you intend to go, dress warmly.  January in Washington is usually frigid and snowy. I'm going to guess that a number of troublemakers will stay in their nice warm homes.  Or if they do go out looking for trouble, it won't be for long.  They will be spending much of their time looking for the nearest Starbucks to warm up.

Offline Charlespg

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2016, 12:53:16 pm »
These punks need a asswhipping from ma duce.

A few quad 50,s at the intersections would cow these punks quick
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2016, 12:58:21 pm »
“In my 20 years of doing radical activism I’ve never seen an uprise, or a social unrest like I have with this,” he said. “And for good reason.”

uh huh

You certainly have good reason there buddy. IMO, the majority of Americans are sick to death of your good reason. Being bullied by a radical minority into having to accept your crap is unacceptable. I am all for civil disobedience. It does have a limit. When you are calling on the fringe elements to bring on disruption you know some will get violent. And that is exactly what you want. With any luck you will get parked in a cold jail cell and have to wait for days to be processed out.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2016, 02:06:10 pm »
Wasn't this same thing threatened for the inauguration of GWB in 2001?

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2016, 02:18:01 pm »
Wasn't this same thing threatened for the inauguration of GWB in 2001?

I could see that. I still don't like that guy very much. :laugh:
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Puss-N-Boots

• God. Family. Seahawks!
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2016, 02:22:15 pm »
My home office is in DC, in the Reagan Building.  I'd love to be back there to witness history, but I'll have to settle for watching on TV.  Much more cozy and warm that way.
The Constitution is not a suggestion.