Author Topic: Hillary Clinton's Lead In the Popular Vote Expands to Over 1 Million  (Read 1392 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: TIME

URL: http://time.com/4572295/hillary-clinton-popular-vote-lead/

Sarah Begley

Clinton currently has 61,964,263 votes compared with Trump's 60,961,967

As Americans’ votes continue to be counted, Hillary Clinton‘s lead over Donald Trump in the popular vote has grown to more than 1 million people.

According to the non-partisan Cook Political Report, Clinton currently has 61,964,263 votes compared with Trump’s 60,961,967.

The president-elect said on Twitter Tuesday that he would have run a different campaign if the election was decided by popular vote and not the electoral college, and would have “won even bigger and more easily.”

But Democrats have seized on the discrepancy; last week, Sen. Harry Reid called Trump a “sexual predator who lost the popular vote and fueled his campaign with bigotry and hate.”

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Hillary Clinton's Lead In the Popular Vote Expands to Over 1 Million
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 04:00:37 am »
Weren't the #AlwaysTrumpers telling us last week that the vote totals would flip once the absentee ballots came in?

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 04:07:46 am »
We will never know how many illegals  and dead people voted or how many repeat voters there were. Vote fraud is the stock-in-trade of the Dimocraps.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Wingnut

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2016, 04:17:35 am »
Weren't the #AlwaysTrumpers telling us last week that the vote totals would flip once the absentee ballots came in?

I do believe several of the more radicalized Always Trumpers mentioned that as fact.

Online dfwgator

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2016, 05:04:42 am »
So?

Online dfwgator

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2016, 05:06:02 am »
And the Panthers outgained the Broncos by over a hundred yards in the last Super Bowl, what's their point?

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2016, 05:19:16 am »
I can understand why the snowflake protesters having their pity party with no knowledge of, or respect for ARTICLE II Section 1 of the Constitution are whining about the popular vote - after-all they are ignorant of the founding principles of the country. But why are we discussing it here? In the words of Hildabeast, "what difference does it make?"  Is there a need for a vote count watch thread? 
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2016, 05:25:49 am »
Is the World Series decided by the team that scored the most total runs, or by the team that won the most games?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2016, 05:30:17 am »
Maybe Clinton did get more total votes? I don't know if she did or not.

My understanding is that the totals are not constant. The final counts will not be known until all the votes are certified. Until that happens, all of these claims are premature.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2016, 05:31:16 am »
Is the World Series decided by the team that scored the most total runs, or by the team that won the most games?

It's decided by a consortium of Trilateralist, Bilderberg Members, Masons and the Rand Corporation. I read it on one of Quix' threads.

Offline rodamala

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2016, 05:33:50 am »

Barbara Boxer introducing a bill in 3... 2... 1...

Online dfwgator

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2016, 05:41:16 am »

The Indians and the Cubs were tied 27-27 in runs scored for the Series, so they should have kept playing.

Wingnut

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2016, 01:06:41 pm »

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2016, 01:40:33 pm »

My understanding is that the totals are not constant. The final counts will not be known until all the votes are certified. Until that happens, all of these claims are premature.

The final votes cast will never be known as states do not count all the absentee ballots if they would not result in a potential change in outcome.

It is a non sequitur.  Candidates do not campaign for the popular vote but for the electoral college ballots.  Campaigns would be run completely differently.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2016, 02:54:37 pm »

I looked at the results and it seems that a HUGE chunk of Hillary’s votes come from California, New York, Illinois and Massachusetts.

California alone gave Hillary a nearly 3 million vote lead. New York gave Hillary a 1.5 million vote lead. Massachusetts gave Hillary a nearly 1 million vote lead. Illinois gave Hillary a 850,000 vote lead.

See here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_2016#Results_by_state

When Hillary wins a state, she wins BIG. Trump’s votes in all the other states are not as large as those of Hillary’s.

If they are still counting California, it would not be surprising to see Hillary win by even MORE than what we see today.