Author Topic: Why the Big Lie About Steve Bannon?  (Read 10883 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Why the Big Lie About Steve Bannon?
« Reply #125 on: November 17, 2016, 02:38:57 pm »
@R4 TrumPence

I was encouraged by Ted Cruz's comments yesterday after meeting with Trump, offering to serve in whatever capacity he can have the most impact and saying...'we have got to deliver, it is time to put up or shut up'.

So far Trump is hitting most of the staffing balls well. That's encouraging, to say the least.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline endicom

« Reply #126 on: November 17, 2016, 03:01:53 pm »
@R4 TrumPence

I was encouraged by Ted Cruz's comments yesterday after meeting with Trump, offering to serve in whatever capacity he can have the most impact and saying...'we have got to deliver, it is time to put up or shut up'.

Cruz has been right in challenging the Crockservative Collective but he wasn't the one to carry the ball across the line. Trump was and Trump may be his vehicle for creating constructive remedies in Congress. Nothing good or bad is off the table at this point.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #127 on: November 17, 2016, 03:02:31 pm »
So far Trump is hitting most of the staffing balls well. That's encouraging, to say the least.
It's always easy to hit home runs in bating practice (i.e. before you're sworn in)...it's much harder to go yard in a real game (after he's elected).

The real test will be how many he actually gets approved in a Senate that has 48 Progressive Dems laying in wait.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #128 on: November 17, 2016, 03:29:39 pm »

Cruz has been right in challenging the Crockservative Collective but he wasn't the one to carry the ball across the line. Trump was and Trump may be his vehicle for creating constructive remedies in Congress. Nothing good or bad is off the table at this point.

And, of course that is exactly the question that the non-Trumpers have been asking: will Trump do what we conservatives want him to do?  The skepticism is based on his past statements and actions. 

I really hope so, and am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and wait until he is actually sworn in before I decide.

Offline endicom

« Reply #129 on: November 17, 2016, 03:53:45 pm »
And, of course that is exactly the question that the non-Trumpers have been asking: will Trump do what we conservatives want him to do?  The skepticism is based on his past statements and actions. 

I really hope so, and am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and wait until he is actually sworn in before I decide.

"we conservatives" are a mixed bag. One TBR member was for Kasich and wants to expand programs like the Medicaid that is already bankrupting many States.

No office holder is going to satisfy all of any political label. Not if people are paying attention to what the office holder is doing.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 03:58:42 pm by Mod1 »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #130 on: November 17, 2016, 04:07:22 pm »

"we conservatives" are a mixed bag. One TBR member was for Kasich and wants to expand programs like the Medicaid that is already bankrupting many States.

No office holder is going to satisfy all of any political label. Not if people are paying attention to what the office holder is doing.

You're conflating TBR'ers and conservatives.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #131 on: November 17, 2016, 04:15:12 pm »
Just like someone said in the other thread, ADL backed down from their allegations.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/11/17/bannon-breitbart-anti-defamation-league-backs-down/

Those joining in the smears, honestly!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #132 on: November 17, 2016, 04:17:40 pm »
It's always easy to hit home runs in bating practice (i.e. before you're sworn in)...it's much harder to go yard in a real game (after he's elected).

The real test will be how many he actually gets approved in a Senate that has 48 Progressive Dems laying in wait.

True, and Trump's behavior when opposed is .... variable, to say the least.

Still, if a batter is hitting a goodly amount of home runs in practice, chances are he'll hit a few during the game.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #133 on: November 17, 2016, 04:20:38 pm »
Just like someone said in the other thread, ADL backed down from their allegations.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/11/17/bannon-breitbart-anti-defamation-league-backs-down/

Those joining in the smears, honestly!

How's that project coming on removing the board from your own eye?  Been successful yet?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline TomSea

« Reply #134 on: November 17, 2016, 04:26:11 pm »
How's that project coming on removing the board from your own eye?  Been successful yet?

Is English one's second language? What is one talking about?

Offline endicom

« Reply #135 on: November 17, 2016, 04:26:53 pm »
You're conflating TBR'ers and conservatives.

Against certain reservations, yes.

BTW, I've never called myself conservative or liberal or left or right. I'm for maximizing freedom and that should place me in the libertarian camp. But I'm too pragmatic to find a place to pitch my tent in the libertarian camp.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #136 on: November 17, 2016, 04:27:30 pm »

Exactly, if Cruz were appointed AG, a lot of the success for that is because Trump Pence will appoint him.

But some don't want to give any credit due to others.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #137 on: November 17, 2016, 05:08:48 pm »
Anti-Defamation League Backs Down: ‘We Are Not Aware of Any Anti-Semitic Statements from Bannon’

The Anti-Defamation League (ADL) has backed away from its earlier accusations against Stephen K. Bannon, stating on its website: “We are not aware of any anti-Semitic statements from Bannon.”

The statement appears at the end of an article on the ADL, “Stephen Bannon: Five Things to Know.”

The “five things” are:

Bannon has embraced the alt right, a loose network of white nationalists and anti-Semites.
    Under Bannon, Breitbart published inflammatory pieces about women, Muslims, and other groups.
    Bannon is a critic of the Republican establishment and the left.
    Bannon has held a number of positions in his career.
    We are not aware of any anti-Semitic statements from Bannon.

The first two claims are false. The next two claims are true, and innocuous. The final claim is exculpatory.

As Raymond J. Donovan  said:

"Which office do I go to get my reputation back?"
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #138 on: November 17, 2016, 05:32:12 pm »
What Steve Bannon Really Believes About Alt-Right and the Jews

Bannon clearly believes that the populist rightwing groups are primarily made up of good, middle-class, working-class Americans, with some fringe fellow travelers. Eventually those anti-Semites and white nationalists who are hanging on will be marginalized even further until they “wash out” and “burn away.”

Bannon before the brouhaha of alt-right sees fringe haters as temporary and irrelevant anomalies that will eventually burn away as the groups becomes more mainstream. He acknowledges their anti-Semitism, but does not see them as defining the majority.

He also values the Jewish contributions to Western society and Capitalism as being extremely valuable. He believes those “Judeo-Christian” values should be restored in modern capitalism.

Those don’t sound like the words and beliefs of an anti-Semite.

http://www.jewishpress.com/news/breaking-news/what-steve-bannon-really-believes-about-alt-right-and-the-jews-audio/2016/11/16/
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —