Author Topic: Sen. Ted Cruz Spotted In Trump Tower  (Read 7382 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Sen. Ted Cruz Spotted In Trump Tower
« Reply #75 on: November 16, 2016, 04:56:03 pm »
Okay...this thread is way off topic...my fault too!

Let's get it back on topic..please!

What was the topic? Oh yeah. This was a recipe thread about the Spotted Dick on sale at Tower Records.

Online Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #77 on: November 16, 2016, 05:14:13 pm »
Bloomberg news is reporting now.

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2016-11-16/ted-cruz-said-to-be-considered-by-trump-for-attorney-general

If you go to news.google.com and then type in Ted Cruz Attorney general and do a search, you'll see that all other news sources are also reporting it. Whether this will become reality or not is another story.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 05:14:35 pm by SirLinksALot »

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #78 on: November 16, 2016, 05:16:49 pm »
Thanks but I really don't need a reminder of how much some Trump supporters disgust me.

Many of us are trying to forget what a jerk Trump was during the primaries and get behind him. You do that effort no good by repeating comments and themes he himself probably disavows today.

So, I must be on my very best behavior--to your satisfaction-- or you'll not get behind Trump?  Got it.   :facepalm2:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #79 on: November 16, 2016, 05:19:45 pm »
So, I must be on my very best behavior--to your satisfaction-- or you'll not get behind Trump?  Got it.   :facepalm2:

I'd settle for your stopping the sniping at people who supported Cruz during the primaries. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #80 on: November 16, 2016, 05:23:44 pm »

Just a friendly suggestion to stop fighting battles past, especially given the dishonest tactics used. Its counterproductive.

But knock yourself out, if you must.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #81 on: November 16, 2016, 05:32:14 pm »
Just a friendly suggestion to stop fighting battles past, especially given the dishonest tactics used. Its counterproductive.

But knock yourself out, if you must.

I'd give a friendly answer, but I'm on my best behavior, as requested.   ^-^

Online libertybele

« Reply #82 on: November 16, 2016, 05:42:36 pm »
If you go to news.google.com and then type in Ted Cruz Attorney general and do a search, you'll see that all other news sources are also reporting it. Whether this will become reality or not is another story.

Woo Hoo!  I hope it's true!  Drain the swamp Ted, drain that swamp!!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #83 on: November 16, 2016, 05:50:12 pm »
To get back on topic...

AG is the best Trump will offer Cruz, i think.  He won't offer him SCOTUS as he would be afraid Cruz would block his legislation purely for revenge.  I doubt that Trump realizes that Cruz would weigh his decisions based entirely upon constitutionality as Trump does not have much understanding of our Constitution at this point in time.

If I was Cruz, I would not accept the AG position as that position rarely lasts long.  Giving up a Senate seat to be fired doesn't seem to be a wise move to me.  I would question Trump's motives.

Cruz doesn't want to be a Supreme Court justice; he's made that clear several times.  As for the AG position rarely lasting; that's because of the incompetency of those placed in that position.  Cruz is highly qualified for the position.  If Trump's motive is to indeed drain the swamp; Cruz is a perfect choice although he has stated that he wants to seek re-election in 2018 and give the presidency another shot in 2020.

IMHO Trump realized a long time ago he's going to need Cruz's help.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #84 on: November 16, 2016, 06:11:42 pm »
He won't offer him SCOTUS as he would be afraid Cruz would block his legislation purely for revenge.  I doubt that Trump realizes that Cruz would weigh his decisions based entirely upon constitutionality as Trump does not have much understanding of our Constitution at this point in time.

I think that Trump knows that what he's been proposing is unconstitutional, and without any need for revenge, a constitutionalist would overturn it.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #85 on: November 16, 2016, 07:34:34 pm »
To get back on topic...

AG is the best Trump will offer Cruz, i think.  He won't offer him SCOTUS as he would be afraid Cruz would block his legislation purely for revenge.  I doubt that Trump realizes that Cruz would weigh his decisions based entirely upon constitutionality as Trump does not have much understanding of our Constitution at this point in time.

If I was Cruz, I would not accept the AG position as that position rarely lasts long.  Giving up a Senate seat to be fired doesn't seem to be a wise move to me.  I would question Trump's motives.

Given the fact that Mitch McConnell will still be the Senate Majority Leader after Trump is sworn in...I don't see much chance of the Senate approving Cruz.  As much as I think he'd make a fine AG and uphold the Constitution as well as the rule of law...McConnell is petty enough to block the nomination.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #86 on: November 16, 2016, 07:45:07 pm »
Given the fact that Mitch McConnell will still be the Senate Majority Leader after Trump is sworn in...I don't see much chance of the Senate approving Cruz.  As much as I think he'd make a fine AG and uphold the Constitution as well as the rule of law...McConnell is petty enough to block the nomination.

We need Cruz right where he is.  I don't like the idea of moving him anywhere.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #87 on: November 16, 2016, 07:48:43 pm »

Exactly.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #88 on: November 16, 2016, 07:49:49 pm »
I'd settle for your stopping the sniping at people who supported Cruz during the primaries.

This is not directed at you, Cyber...lol

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #89 on: November 16, 2016, 07:50:53 pm »

I'll second (third?) that motion.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Offline thackney

« Reply #90 on: November 16, 2016, 08:17:16 pm »

I think McConnell would jump at the chance of removing Ted Cruz from the Senate.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #91 on: November 16, 2016, 08:19:18 pm »
I think McConnell would jump at the chance of removing Ted Cruz from the Senate.

Mitch would help Ted pack his bags.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #92 on: November 16, 2016, 08:24:18 pm »
Any problems then with being encouraged to ""Vote for candidates up and down the ticket who you trust to defend our freedom and to be faithful to the Constitution,"  ?

Or does the person who exhorts the party to do so deserve to be booed? If so, then, it's about the personality, not the platform.

We've got real pro-lifers in there, so it is about the platform.

It sounds like you are the one that is honing in on personality by using one unique individual as the subject of what you are talking about and blowing up his mere sentences as what we should all be so concerned about. What if someone didn't even see his speech?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #93 on: November 16, 2016, 08:26:49 pm »

Mitch would love to see Ted and Mike Lee and Rand Paul and a couple of others pack up and leave for good.  He want's them to move out...not up.  The last thing Senator Turtle wants is Attorney General Ted Cruz doing judicial reviews on the POS bills he's already rammed through for approval or revisiting some of the sketchy treaties and agreements that McConnell helped Obama get passed outside of the Constitutional restrictions they should have had placed on them.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #94 on: November 16, 2016, 08:29:25 pm »

I tend to agree. Pack his bags and give him a warm going away party, and Hershey kisses left on the pillow.
The Republic is lost.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #95 on: November 16, 2016, 08:30:28 pm »
Some people's big deal is the life issue, 2nd amendment issues, religious freedom issues, employment issues. Pretty silly to say folks are just keying into the individual now, and not the platform because almighty TC spoke.

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #96 on: November 16, 2016, 08:30:49 pm »
We've got real pro-lifers in there, so it is about the platform.

It sounds like you are the one that is honing in on personality by using one unique individual as the subject of what you are talking about and blowing up his mere sentences as what we should all be so concerned about. What if someone didn't even see his speech?

Nope, if the Republican party were really concerned about their platform and not personalities ( Ted Cruz or Donald Trump), then the appropriate response would have been a polite applause since there is ( or should ) have been agreement that what was said is essentially what Republicans believe in.

Instead, it was greeted with Boo's.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 08:32:03 pm by SirLinksALot »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #97 on: November 16, 2016, 08:31:10 pm »
This is not directed at you, Cyber...lol

Up to me that would have had one word changed...

:silly:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #98 on: November 16, 2016, 08:34:11 pm »
Mitch would love to see Ted and Mike Lee and Rand Paul and a couple of others pack up and leave for good.  He want's them to move out...not up.  The last thing Senator Turtle wants is Attorney General Ted Cruz doing judicial reviews on the POS bills he's already rammed through for approval or revisiting some of the sketchy treaties and agreements that McConnell helped Obama get passed outside of the Constitutional restrictions they should have had placed on them.

I totally agree with that.  The last thing in the world Turtle wants is Cruz in any position to check Turtle's extra-Constitutional activities.
I will NOT comply.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #99 on: November 16, 2016, 08:40:27 pm »
Nope, if the Republican party were really concerned about their platform and not personalities ( Ted Cruz or Donald Trump), then the appropriate response would have been a polite applause since there is ( or should ) have been agreement that what was said is essentially what Republicans believe in.

Instead, it was greeted with Boo's.

Those were convention goers, that sure as heck doesn't pertain to every Republican out there.