Author Topic: Sen. Ted Cruz Spotted In Trump Tower  (Read 7384 times)

Offline corbe

Re: Sen. Ted Cruz Spotted In Trump Tower
« Reply #125 on: November 17, 2016, 01:33:21 am »

4 years is not a long time for someone as young as Sen Cruz (47).

His value is in the Senate right now.

USSC Justice or even AG in this Administration at this point would be suicide, politically, for Cruz.

There will be other opportunities, probably in Trump's first Administration for Justices.

Sen Cruz needs to keep His options open, for 2020 - IMHO.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #126 on: November 17, 2016, 01:37:38 am »

USSC Justice or even AG in this Administration at this point would be suicide, politically, for Cruz.

There will be other opportunities, probably in Trump's first Administration for Justices.

:beer:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #127 on: November 17, 2016, 01:39:54 am »

For the life of me I cannot understand what makes people think that serving as Trump's AG would somehow prevent his possible service on SCOTUS at some latter date.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #128 on: November 17, 2016, 01:45:09 am »
For the life of me I cannot understand what makes people think that serving as Trump's AG would somehow prevent his possible service on SCOTUS at some latter date.

Trump's not going to offer Cruz diddly squat.  As was mentioned upthread, appointing Cruz to anything would be admitting he lied about Cruz...right through his capped teeth.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #129 on: November 17, 2016, 01:49:01 am »
Trump's not going to offer Cruz diddly squat.  As was mentioned upthread, appointing Cruz to anything would be admitting he lied about Cruz...right through his capped teeth.

That may well be true but it doesn't alter what I said one iota.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #130 on: November 17, 2016, 01:51:20 am »
That may well be true but it doesn't alter what I said one iota.

100% correct, sir!  It did not.  Sorry, I should have clarified.   :beer:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline corbe

« Reply #131 on: November 17, 2016, 01:56:44 am »

@Bigun

An AG appointment for Cruz is Never gonna happen, anyway. 

Trump has his own ideas for 'capo', just as the last 5 Presidents.

Cruz has time, it took him almost 3 months to get on the Pence Plane.

I Miss being young and having time.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #132 on: November 17, 2016, 03:42:21 am »

Bottom line, I still think Cruz would make an excellent president. In my humble opinion, his best shot at winning the presidency is if he stays in the Senate and runs in 2020.  Leaving his seat for the AG position with a possibility of later being terminated isn't going to help him in that direction. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #133 on: November 17, 2016, 03:47:58 am »
You can be loyal to the Party and still know a jerk when you see one.

We need Ted Cruz in the Senate   and in politics so he can run for President in 4 years when Trump gets tired of the grind of having to spend one night a week in the White House.

I agree with @libertybele   :amen:

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #134 on: November 17, 2016, 03:53:34 am »
Bottom line, I still think Cruz would make an excellent president. In my humble opinion, his best shot at winning the presidency is if he stays in the Senate and runs in 2020.  Leaving his seat for the AG position with a possibility of later being terminated isn't going to help him in that direction.

I still think Ted Cruz would make an excellent president as well but I'm not sure that he would not be able to render more service to this country as  a sitting justice on SCOTUS.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #135 on: November 17, 2016, 03:31:45 pm »
You can be loyal to the Party and still know a jerk when you see one.

We need Ted Cruz in the Senate and in politics so he can run for President in 4 years when Trump gets tired of the grind of having to spend one night a week in the White House.

Some put a lot of weight on party loyalty.  I have to ask, what if the party is not loyal to its own principles?  Or no longer represents your principles? 

"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #136 on: November 17, 2016, 03:37:29 pm »
Some put a lot of weight on party loyalty.  I have to ask, what if the party is not loyal to its own principles?  Or no longer represents your principles?

You get labeled #nevertrump when you voice your concerns.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!