Author Topic: Sen. Ted Cruz Spotted In Trump Tower  (Read 7506 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Sen. Ted Cruz Spotted In Trump Tower
« Reply #100 on: November 16, 2016, 08:42:00 pm »
In that instance, convention goers did not see Cruz showing loyalty and unity for the party.

That's a principle as well.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #101 on: November 16, 2016, 08:43:50 pm »
In that instance, convention goers did not see Cruz showing loyalty and unity for the party.

That wasn't the Party as a whole...that was the Alt Right Trump supporters like yourself.

And they are thankfully a small section of the GOP.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline TomSea

« Reply #102 on: November 16, 2016, 08:46:01 pm »
So one has spent a lot of time, let's say, advocating 2nd amendment gun ownership rights. But now it all comes down to personality. Okay, if one wants to believe that.

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #103 on: November 16, 2016, 08:49:19 pm »

Cruz showed loyalty to the party by (unlike John Kasich ) showing up and reminding the party of what it stands for ( or ought to stand for ).

That is the principle to which the party ought to be unified and be loyal to.

As I see it, the appropriate response would have been to AGREE with what he said, not boo him for saying it.

BTW, it just so happens to have been Ted Cruz, I would have said the same had it been say, John Kasich or anybody else.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 08:50:28 pm by SirLinksALot »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #104 on: November 16, 2016, 08:53:11 pm »
Cruz showed loyalty to the party by (unlike John Kasich ) showing up and reminding the party of what it stands for ( or ought to stand for ).

That is the principle to which the party ought to be unified and be loyal to.

As I see it, the appropriate response would have been to AGREE with what he said, not boo him for saying it.

BTW, it just so happens to have been Ted Cruz, I would have said the same had it been say, John Kasich or anybody else.
Rick Perry: If Purpose of RNC Was to Unite the Party, ‘Cruz Didn’t Get the Memo'
http://www.breitbart.com/video/2016/07/21/rick-perry-if-purpose-of-rnc-was-to-unite-the-party-cruz-didnt-get-the-memo/

I think Rick Perry said it well.
“Well, I wasn’t on the floor, so I didn’t get the full impact, but I was watching it on TV. So, you know, if a convention’s goal is to unite your party behind one candidate, Senator Cruz didn’t get the memo,” Perry said.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 08:55:15 pm by TomSea »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #105 on: November 16, 2016, 08:54:37 pm »

Looks like it was Governor Goodhair who didn't get the memo.  Your candidate has done more to divide the party than unite it.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #106 on: November 16, 2016, 08:56:02 pm »

I think Rick Perry missed the boat about the party's duty towards uniting around conservative principles and the constitution. When the Republicans re-took Congress in 2010, they took time to READ the constitution from the floor of the house. What was that for?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 08:57:20 pm by SirLinksALot »

Silver Pines

« Reply #107 on: November 16, 2016, 10:49:43 pm »
Up to me that would have had one word changed...

:silly:

@Cyber Liberty

CL, can you tell me how to use the ignore function?  I prefer not to use it, but every time a certain member posts I can hear my brain cells screaming as they die.  I just can't risk any further cerebral injury, so he'll be the exception to my rule.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #108 on: November 16, 2016, 10:54:24 pm »
Some people's big deal is the life issue, 2nd amendment issues, religious freedom issues, employment issues. Pretty silly to say folks are just keying into the individual now, and not the platform because almighty TC spoke.

You little trumpers cannot get over Ted Cruz, can you.  Maybe it's time.  You won.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #109 on: November 16, 2016, 10:58:05 pm »
You little trumpers cannot get over Ted Cruz, can you.  Maybe it's time.  You won.

No worries.  I assure you Ted Cruz is in my rear view mirror.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #110 on: November 16, 2016, 10:58:34 pm »
Right there with you on that.  He's great at preaching to the converted, poor at converting.  To be honest, I hadn't actually watched much of him before the campaign -- more just read about what he was doing.  So at the very outset of the primaries, I was undecided but leaning his way based on his positions.  Then I watched the debates, and realized that there were just too many people who would be put-off by his style/mannerisms/appearance, etc..  Sad, but true.  Doesn't do much good if he's the ideal candidate on the issues, but can't win.

Supreme Court for 30+ years would be absolutely fantastic.  The age factor is just huge when it comes to lifetime appointments.

I cannot believe that you, and may some others, believe that about Cruz.  If his 'mannerisms' put you off that may be more about you.

Most Cruz supporters love him ... we don't worship him like Orange God worshippers, but we think he is attractice, well-spoken, funny and genuinely likeable.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #111 on: November 16, 2016, 11:00:37 pm »
Not sure gravitas will matter much if you're still perceived as a Richard Head.  And it wasn't exactly like they all enthusiastically rallied around him even when he was running a strong second in the primary.

Of course they didn't.  They are fat, establishment types. Cruz is a true conservative and a reformer.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #112 on: November 16, 2016, 11:03:05 pm »
I think that little convention stunt reversed whatever gravitas he may have gained.

That was not a stunt.  That was Ted Cruz sticking to his principles when all about him people were losing theirs.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #113 on: November 16, 2016, 11:05:09 pm »
bile laced tirades ....maybe I should share an email I received to my personal email address from a member here....it was the most disgusting thing that has ever been said to me...the auto censors here would redact most of it...his last line was *FR all the way.*

Thank you for your service, babe.  And that last line told you all you needed to know.

Silver Pines

« Reply #114 on: November 16, 2016, 11:06:00 pm »

@Emjay

It's bizarre.  Trump is the president-elect, yet some of them are still angry.

If he'd won the popular vote, they might be apoplectic with rage.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #115 on: November 16, 2016, 11:12:02 pm »
No worries.  I assure you Ted Cruz is in my rear view mirror.

Really?  Well, 'splain to me why any post with Ted Cruz's name on it goes to 5 or more pages?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #116 on: November 16, 2016, 11:12:50 pm »
I think McConnell would jump at the chance of removing Ted Cruz from the Senate.

I agree!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Applewood

« Reply #117 on: November 16, 2016, 11:17:47 pm »
This thread went downhill fast.  Sorry @mystery-ak.  You shouldn't have to put up with so much abuse. 

Offline Applewood

« Reply #118 on: November 16, 2016, 11:18:40 pm »
@Emjay

It's bizarre.  Trump is the president-elect, yet some of them are still angry.

If he'd won the popular vote, they might be apoplectic with rage.

Sore winners are worse than sore losers.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #119 on: November 16, 2016, 11:32:37 pm »

You can be loyal to the Party and still know a jerk when you see one.

We need Ted Cruz in the Senate and in politics so he can run for President in 4 years when Trump gets tired of the grind of having to spend one night a week in the White House.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #120 on: November 17, 2016, 12:05:49 am »
To get back on topic...

AG is the best Trump will offer Cruz, i think.  He won't offer him SCOTUS as he would be afraid Cruz would block his legislation purely for revenge.  I doubt that Trump realizes that Cruz would weigh his decisions based entirely upon constitutionality as Trump does not have much understanding of our Constitution at this point in time.

If I was Cruz, I would not accept the AG position as that position rarely lasts long.  Giving up a Senate seat to be fired doesn't seem to be a wise move to me.  I would question Trump's motives.

I was anti Trump and wrote in McMullin.  I generally like the way Trump and his team have operated since election night and I would very much like to see Cruz as AG.

But words are supposed to mean something.  If Trump actually offers AG to Cruz he'll be demonstrating that he, not Cruz, lied during the primaries with his "Lyin' Ted" smear.  The idea that someone would win the nomination by, in part, accusing an opponent of being a liar, *then* offer that opponent the job of chief law enforcement officer, is beyond absurd.

Of course it's just rumor at this point, but I hope Cruz would turn it down.  Were I Chuck Schumer I would have no difficulty humiliating both Trump and Cruz in a Senate confirmation debate about Cruz for AG.  Were I Ted Cruz I wouldn't trust Trump as far as I could throw him, and I would expect a high probability of serious conflict between a Trump WH and a Cruz DOJ.
James 1:20

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #121 on: November 17, 2016, 12:53:35 am »
But words are supposed to mean something.  If Trump actually offers AG to Cruz he'll be demonstrating that he, not Cruz, lied during the primaries with his "Lyin' Ted" smear.

Correctamundo!
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #122 on: November 17, 2016, 12:56:29 am »
I think McConnell would jump at the chance of removing Ted Cruz from the Senate.

At this point, McConnell won't need to since he will be voting along with the rest of the Democrats to pass Trump's liberal agenda.  Can't wait to see how many Republicans go along with 49 Democrats to pass Trump's $1 trillion stimulus bill.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #123 on: November 17, 2016, 01:08:54 am »
You can be loyal to the Party and still know a jerk when you see one.

We need Ted Cruz in the Senate and in politics so he can run for President in 4 years when Trump gets tired of the grind of having to spend one night a week in the White House.

:amen:
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #124 on: November 17, 2016, 01:21:25 am »
I was anti Trump and wrote in McMullin.  I generally like the way Trump and his team have operated since election night and I would very much like to see Cruz as AG.

But words are supposed to mean something.  If Trump actually offers AG to Cruz he'll be demonstrating that he, not Cruz, lied during the primaries with his "Lyin' Ted" smear.  The idea that someone would win the nomination by, in part, accusing an opponent of being a liar, *then* offer that opponent the job of chief law enforcement officer, is beyond absurd.

Of course it's just rumor at this point, but I hope Cruz would turn it down.  Were I Chuck Schumer I would have no difficulty humiliating both Trump and Cruz in a Senate confirmation debate about Cruz for AG.  Were I Ted Cruz I wouldn't trust Trump as far as I could throw him, and I would expect a high probability of serious conflict between a Trump WH and a Cruz DOJ.

Ah...that's my concern as well ... can Cruz trust Trump??  I've been mulling this back and forth and as much as I think Cruz would make an excellent AG and certainly more than capable of draining the swamp; we really don't know what Trump is going to do.  That's the reality.  We need Cruz right where he's at.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.