Author Topic: Former GOP official: 'Stay away' from Trump transition  (Read 3526 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Re: Former GOP official: 'Stay away' from Trump transition
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2016, 11:24:29 pm »
You folks keep illustrating how little you understand NeverTrump.

You keep citing as evidence the GOP Establishment oligarchy and insiders who opposed Trump as somehow being our 'leaders'.

We have nothing to do with those who openly declared for Hildabeast - because their reasons for opposing Trump are not the same reasons that principled Constitutional Conservatives oppose Trump.

What we do find interesting and believable is the claim that Trump's inner circle are arrogant, condescending jerks who like to scream "We won - you lost!" because we have all been witness to those exact same words being flung at us right here on this board by your fellows.

Calm down.  I'm responding to the anger and surprise expressed that NT's are not being sought after by the Trump transition team.

There's no need to go into full battle mode over everything.   **nononono*

Online DB

« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2016, 11:28:28 pm »
What do you mean @DB

To successfully lead you need cooperation - especially from your own political party. When you tell anyone who didn't vote for you to sit at the back of the bus and "we won" you are setting the foundation for failure. Arrogance, particularly when it is based on ego, comes at a high cost. Not being Hillary won't take you very far as a leader even if it wins you an election. Many people who didn't support Trump did so because they thought he was an unprincipled lying opportunist that would betray his supporters. Now is the time to prove them wrong and earn their trust, not burn what's left of the bridge.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 11:31:05 pm by DB »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2016, 11:29:08 pm »
Calm down.  I'm responding to the anger and surprise expressed that NT's are not being sought after by the Trump transition team.

There's no need to go into full battle mode over everything.   **nononono*

You left your projector on again...
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2016, 02:44:14 am »
It's called winning until he has to get his choices confirmed by the senate.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2016, 02:46:33 am »
You left your projector on again...

Clever.  Untrue, but clever none-the-less.   :laugh:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2016, 02:49:43 am »
Sounds just like the vengeance-seeking Trump militants that have opined their views right here on this board.

Sounds exactly the same.

Damned right.

Be sure to spell my name correctly.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2016, 02:52:37 am »
To successfully lead you need cooperation - especially from your own political party. When you tell anyone who didn't vote for you to sit at the back of the bus and "we won" you are setting the foundation for failure. Arrogance, particularly when it is based on ego, comes at a high cost. Not being Hillary won't take you very far as a leader even if it wins you an election. Many people who didn't support Trump did so because they thought he was an unprincipled lying opportunist that would betray his supporters. Now is the time to prove them wrong and earn their trust, not burn what's left of the bridge.

But what do you do about or with those who fought hard for your defeat and demise?  Is not a reasonable period of time appropriate for rebuilding bridges and trust?

Would not you ask for that time from those who tried to destroy you?   :pondering:

Online DB

« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2016, 03:03:11 am »
But what do you do about or with those who fought hard for your defeat and demise?  Is not a reasonable period of time appropriate for rebuilding bridges and trust?

Would not you ask for that time from those who tried to destroy you?   :pondering:

No one here tried to "destroy you". We do strongly disagree that your guy was going to do what he said he was in light of his past and in fact we believe he'll betray you. But your guy won the election and we accept that. We are also thrilled Hillary lost and is hopefully finished for good. It is now time for him to demonstrate why we were wrong - and I hope we are/were. We both want what is best for the country and for it to prosper. Do you honestly believe Reagan banished those who opposed his election? No, he worked to assure them that they were trying to achieve the same goals and bring them to his point of view to work together towards those common ends.

I'm an engineer. You can either work at blame and retribution when things go wrong, our you can work on the problem and resolve it. The goal is to make it work.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 03:07:56 am by DB »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2016, 03:19:31 am »
No one here tried to "destroy you". We do strongly disagree that your guy was going to do what he said he was in light of his past and in fact we believe he'll betray you. But your guy won the election and we accept that. We are also thrilled Hillary lost and is hopefully finished for good. It is now time for him to demonstrate why we were wrong - and I hope we are/were. We both want what is best for the country and for it to prosper. Do you honestly believe Reagan banished those who opposed his election? No, he worked to assure them that they were trying to achieve the same goals and bring them to his point of view to work together towards those common ends.

I'm an engineer. You can either work at blame and retribution when things go wrong, our you can work on the problem and resolve it. The goal is to make it work.

Reagan actually made one of his biggest detractors his VP.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2016, 03:38:56 am »

Bravo!!! Well said and 100% true!!  :beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2016, 04:01:20 am »
No one here tried to "destroy you".

Well, maybe I was a bit unclear @DB   The "you" I was referring in the first part of my post was Donald Trump.

The "you" I was referring to in the last line of my post was actually YOU.  I was questioning if someone had tried to destroy YOU, would not time be needed to rebuild trust?  This was my attempt at humanizing the subject of the thread ... and moving it away from the oft-times knee-jerk calls of "retribution".

I was not referring to myself or any Trump supporter.

I hope this helps. 

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2016, 04:08:15 am »

How'd that turn out for us?   :pondering:

Online DB

« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2016, 04:12:23 am »

It turned out fine for Reagan and the country while Reagan was in office. It disarmed his opponents and got them on board to get done what he wanted to get done. Which is the point. That IS how you get things done as a leader.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 04:15:29 am by DB »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2016, 10:36:39 am »

It worked out far better for the GOP and the country than the state of affairs we're in now.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2016, 01:25:59 pm »
It turned out fine for Reagan and the country while Reagan was in office. It disarmed his opponents and got them on board to get done what he wanted to get done. Which is the point. That IS how you get things done as a leader.

Yeah??

Reagan followed a one-term micro-managing, somewhat harmless peanut farmer...where no social media even existed.

Not an America-hating, Jew-hating, racial dividing Marxist.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2016, 01:31:27 pm »
Yeah??

Reagan followed a one-term micro-managing, somewhat harmless peanut farmer...where no social media even existed.

Somewhat harmless????  What rock have YOU been sleeping under?   That slug is the EXACT reason the Middle East is in turmoil today!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2016, 01:37:03 pm »

GHWBush was the architect of the "Voodoo Economics" claim.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2016, 01:38:00 pm »

8 years of RR turned out quite well for both the GOP and country.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2016, 01:41:21 pm »
Yeah??

What does Reagan have to do with Trump?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2016, 01:42:49 pm »
GHWBush was the architect of the "Voodoo Economics" claim.

I remember that during a debate during the primaries.  The Dems have taken credit for and used it against Republicans ever since.

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2016, 01:43:49 pm »

I think the point was, "Squirrel!!!"

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2016, 01:52:52 pm »

:silly:

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2016, 01:56:27 pm »
I think this is removing the "Christie" wing from the process, which would be an establishment wing to be sure.
Christie is not longer on the transition team, so anyone he may have wanted will be under scrutiny.
This isn't necessarily a bad thing, and I am sure there will be some "establishment" types that make the cut.
We are talking about 4,000 people here that need to be hired, and they won't all be "Trump Train" people, the odds are against it.
Christie's ship sailed when he embraced Obama on the beach, right before the 2012 election, and with his lukewarm Romney endorsement.
Then comes, Bridge-gate, which would have come up, had Trump named him as his VP pick, which was in the works for a while.
A "purge" of the unfaithful? No, I don't think so.
More of a "shaking up".
Making Pence the head of the transition team was a good move, over Christie.
I think Pence would help get people on board that would do the job, rather than as a patronage, as Christie would have.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2016, 01:57:07 pm »

Not at all....was responding to @DB in post #38     :whistle:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2016, 01:58:30 pm »

Shhhh...quiet!   Did I just hear someone fart?