Author Topic: Howie Carr: Listen up, Snowflake Rioters  (Read 1427 times)

Offline mountaineer

Howie Carr: Listen up, Snowflake Rioters
« on: November 14, 2016, 08:31:09 pm »
Listen up, Snowflake Rioters
Howie Carr, Boston Herald
 November 14, 2016 at 6:56 am

Can I have the bullhorn please?

I would like to address all of you rioting hippies, fifth-generation welfare leeches and assorted illegal immigrants who are currently looting, burning and carjacking your way across the college campuses and free-stuff districts of America.

First of all, can we describe these civil disturbances for what they really are? These are not “anti-Trump” riots, they are “pro-Hillary” temper tantrums.

Tuesday was the revolt of the working classes. Now we have an ongoing insurrection of the non-working classes.

All the same Occupy vermin who camped out on the Greenway to protest the corrupt patriarchy of Wall Street one-percenters are now protesting the fair-and-square defeat of the corrupt candidate who was supported by 99.99 percent of Wall Street one-percenters.

Go figure.

I beseech you snowflakes. Put down your therapy puppies and your Molotov cocktails.

President-elect Trump has asked me to personally reassure you that he has no plans to compel anyone to actually get jobs in this new post-Trumpocalaypse America.

Nobody will intrude on your safe space — the couch in front of the wide-screen TV in your mom’s Sect. 8 apartment.

Dudes, look on the bright side of what happened Tuesday — your midterms have been canceled, and weed is now legal.

They’re not bright, obviously — have you seen the photo of the protester with the sign demanding “Deport Fashiosm”?

Apparently they’ve already deported Spell Check.

But I think I’ve figured out why the Young Democrats are so distraught. They believed, and apparently continue to believe, that post-election, we were planning to do to them what they were planning to do to us.

The reality is, all us deplorables have ever asked for is to be left alone. We were voting in self-defense. Hillary Clinton was the real radical in this fight. Among other things, her platform called for doing away with the First Amendment — even George Will figured that one out.

“From Clinton’s nastiest aspiration,” he wrote Friday, “we are now safe. She promised Supreme Court justices who would reverse Citizens United, thereby eviscerating the First Amendment by empowering the political class to regulate the quantity, content and timing of campaign speech about itself. This will never happen (now).”

And yet Will still refused to vote for Trump. Talk about Trump Derangement Syndrome.

But here are some of the things President-elect Trump won’t be doing:

He won’t be suing lesbian bakers who refuse to bake cakes for Christian weddings.  ...

Excerpted - read the rest at GOPUSA.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Howie Carr: Listen up, Snowflake Rioters
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 12:36:45 am »
This is a terrific article ... you'll laugh out loud and then shake your head in near despair.

Thanks for posting @mountaineer

Offline mountaineer

Offline mountaineer

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2016, 03:33:45 am »
On the other hand:
Instead Of Gloating, Have Empathy For The Liberals Mourning Trump’s Win
Don’t dismiss the paralyzing effect of being targeted for who you are if it has never happened to you.
By Jennifer Doverspike
November 14, 2016
The Federalist - excerpted, click on link for entire article

When I was a little girl, I lived feeling different. I was nerdy and shy. My hair was always a rat’s nest. I consistently smelled like curry, I wasn’t white, and I didn’t believe in Jesus. My parents likely had as much money as the other parents of kids in my small, elite private school, but I didn’t get to show off my fancy new clothes or toys after Christmas. Heck, I didn’t even celebrate Christmas. I was an outsider.

My town was a Navy town, which means the Gulf War was very prominent in the minds of my peers, as was their new awareness that I was Muslim and brown. Although I am South Asian, in their minds, I was pretty close to being an Iraqi. Since I was one of the enemy, I encountered negative comments and actions I have kept with me for the rest of my life.

Now, as an adult and with perspective, I can say those “comments” weren’t too bad. I can say easily that those children were repeating things they couldn’t truly understand. I can say that my life was not very negatively affected, and that I was, indeed, a very lucky, privileged person who did not want for anything, had an excellent education, and went on to have a wonderful life.

But to fourth-grade Jen, that was my life. My experiences left a scar on my heart that has never ever quite gone away. If I went back in time and said, “Buck up, buttercup. Nothing bad is going to happen to you, you privileged rich kid,” I can say, with certainty, that this would not have been helpful at all.

This is the perspective with which I view the current state of our country. I think on those parents who are afraid of what their kids will encounter in school the next few days. I think on those people who think they will be attacked, their hijabs ripped off with impunity.

It is tempting to tell them that anecdotes are not data, and many reported violent incidents were likely false, just as, in corollary, there is likely less anti-Trump and anti-conservative violence than reported on the other side. I can tell their kids that words are just words, that their parents are purposely creating in them unnecessary fear, and that they should just shrug it off.
Don’t Reason With People’s Feelings. Just Listen

But as I instead told my fellow conservatives: don’t dismiss the paralyzing effect of being targeted for who you are if it has never happened to you. Don’t diminish that fear and that pain. When you have lived your life as an outsider and have fought to be accepted in a country where you are not the majority, those experiences leave scars that will erupt when a man worshipped by the alt-right is elected.

I think of gay friends who truly believe their marriages will be invalidated after conservatives take over the Supreme Court. I think of people who believe all Muslims will be banned from the country tomorrow.

It is tempting to get on a soapbox and explain that conservative Supreme Court justices, unlike liberal ones, do not legislate from the bench. Gay marriage has been enshrined by the court, and it is unlikely to get overturned. It is tempting to repeatedly assert that a Republican Congress will not allow a president to take extrajudicial actions like banning all Muslims from the country or create torture protocols worse than waterboarding. In fact, it is tempting to laugh at that absurdity.

Instead, I remember how strongly I and many Republicans reacted against Trump’s statements on the Muslim ban. I remember how disgusted we were, and that this statement immediately removed him in my mind as someone who is fit for office. I remember that for my liberal friends, the idea of a judge who does not legislate from the bench is confusing, and the idea of a Republican Congress that would actually stand up to a man the majority ended up endorsing is fiction.

I think of those who are crying over the loss of their health care, or the idea of an erosion of Roe V. Wade.
Imagine the Shoe on the Other Foot

It is tempting to jump in glee, for as a conservative, this is my silver lining. Despite my frustration at Trump’s election, this is a historic event for Republicans, and we will make the most of it.

It is tempting to experience immense levels of schadenfreude. It is tempting to scoff at people protesting an election, claiming #notmypresident, at butt-hurt millennial snowflakes who need their midterms canceled and have cry-ins, and the California secession movement, and to remind them there was not close to this level of caterwauling when President Obama was elected. It is tempting to call them all hypocrites.

Instead, I remember that anyone would be upset at such a historic loss, and this loss is magnified by their fears of a man who would ban entire religions, build walls, deport undesirables, enact torture, and promote country-wide violence. Those are the conditions they believe will become reality.

Just as conservatives are sick to their stomachs at the thought that unborn children do not have rights, liberals likewise are sick to their stomachs at the loss of reproductive freedom. I posit one reason Trump won this election is that conservatives swallowed their distaste of the man and decided abortion was that important. Why can we not understand that this issue is just as important to the other side? “Don’t tell me to smile,” said one my friends recently. “Don’t tell me it’s going to be okay.”   ...

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2016, 01:04:00 pm »
On the other hand:

I read Jennifer's article, and thought about it.  She's wrong.  What she's advocating is enabling their bad behavior by not dressing them down for it.  If they want to be responsible citizens, they need to start acting like it, not like spoiled children throwing temper tantrums.  You can feel sorry for their butthurt without accepting their acting out.  Treat them just as you'd treat any out-of-control child running rampant--stop them, paddle them, and ground them while making them understand why their behavior was unacceptable, and what acceptable behavior is and what being mature requires.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2016, 01:16:18 pm »
I read Jennifer's article, and thought about it.  She's wrong.  What she's advocating is enabling their bad behavior by not dressing them down for it.  If they want to be responsible citizens, they need to start acting like it, not like spoiled children throwing temper tantrums.  You can feel sorry for their butthurt without accepting their acting out.  Treat them just as you'd treat any out-of-control child running rampant--stop them, paddle them, and ground them while making them understand why their behavior was unacceptable, and what acceptable behavior is and what being mature requires.
Yeah, I had some problems with it, too. I feel sorry that they haven't bothered to educate themselves. Emotional responses without a hint of factual evidence behind them are just childish. I'm particularly annoyed by those claiming Trump is going to throw homosexuals in jail, and stuff like that. When did he express even a shred of anti-gay sentiment?

Unfortunately, my 16-year-old niece is one of those now crying for her Muslim and LGBTQ friends (which I doubt she actually has), because of how Trump is going to send them to the gulags, or something. Way to go, public schools, for creating generations of dopes.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2016, 01:56:05 pm »
I find it curious, that those on the left who are not necessary rioting, and being of a more somber (and sober) tone are calling for something quite remarkable.

Ever since Wilson/FDR/LBJ/Carter/Clinton/Obama (and a few Republicans, to boot), we have lived, in what they claim, is a post-constitutional America.
An America, where the constitution is outdated and cannot supply us with the tools and laws necessary to live in a modern world.

Fearing a President Trump with a "pen and a phone", they now wish to put the genie back in the bottle, reminding us that there are constitutional limits to the President, Congress, Judiciary, 10th amendment,etc.

This is welcome news, somewhat, as this is what I and many like me have been voting for all of our adult lifetimes.
But I say this only partially good news.

I do not believe for one second that they are now for repealing all those "extra" constitutional laws and regulations that have been put upon us for the last 100+ years.

No, theirs is a cry of convenience, sadly, one that says "We've got what we've asked for, now you mind the law of the land and don't change anything further".
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 01:56:25 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2016, 02:00:11 pm »
Yeah, I had some problems with it, too. I feel sorry that they haven't bothered to educate themselves. Emotional responses without a hint of factual evidence behind them are just childish. I'm particularly annoyed by those claiming Trump is going to throw homosexuals in jail, and stuff like that. When did he express even a shred of anti-gay sentiment?

Unfortunately, my 16-year-old niece is one of those now crying for her Muslim and LGBTQ friends (which I doubt she actually has), because of how Trump is going to send them to the gulags, or something. Way to go, public schools, for creating generations of dopes.

You need to talk sternly to your niece.  Explain how the world works to her, and how her fevered imaginings have absolutely no relation to reality as it ever was.  Then explain to her how she's acting like a spoiled child and needs to grow up.  Tell her she needs to actually learn about the things she's concerned about and then think about them logically before starting to shout and cry.  It probably won't work (a 16-year-old girl, after all), but trying to comfort her and her like in their delusions will only reinforce those delusions.
My political philosophy:

3) Leave me alone!

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2016, 02:03:05 pm »
I find it curious, that those on the left who are not necessary rioting, and being of a more somber (and sober) tone are calling for something quite remarkable.

Ever since Wilson/FDR/LBJ/Carter/Clinton/Obama (and a few Republicans, to boot), we have lived, in what they claim, is a post-constitutional America.
An America, where the constitution is outdated and cannot supply us with the tools and laws necessary to live in a modern world.

Fearing a President Trump with a "pen and a phone", they now wish to put the genie back in the bottle, reminding us that there are constitutional limits to the President, Congress, Judiciary, 10th amendment,etc.

This is welcome news, somewhat, as this is what I and many like me have been voting for all of our adult lifetimes.
But I say this only partially good news.

I do not believe for one second that they are now for repealing all those "extra" constitutional laws and regulations that have been put upon us for the last 100+ years.

No, theirs is a cry of convenience, sadly, one that says "We've got what we've asked for, now you mind the law of the land and don't change anything further".

Yup, they're pushing for Thatcher's "ratchet effect," where the changes they've made get locked in and become the norm, with no movement in the opposite direction allowed.  We need to make it clear to them that a return to constitutionality doesn't mean keeping things as they are now, but rolling back major portions of the feral government.
My political philosophy:

3) Leave me alone!