Author Topic: Rudy Giuliani a finalist for secretary of state  (Read 2711 times)

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: Rudy Giuliani a finalist for secretary of state
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2016, 02:13:14 pm »
How about Cruz or Giuliani for SCOTUS (preferably Cruz)?

Leaving his politics out of it for a moment, Giuliani would be a horrible choice simply because of his age alone.  For a life appointment, I'd aim for someone in their 50's at the most.  That's one of the biggest factors supporting Cruz -- he'd likely sit on the court for at least 30 years.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 02:13:59 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2016, 02:13:56 pm »
Good point, Maj. Bill.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2016, 02:26:49 pm »
SOS....nooooo...I was hoping for AG...

Same here.  He made his name...IIRC..as the Deputy US Attorney for the Southern District of NY when he went after the mob. And then later when he cleaned up Times Square as mayor.

Make Bolton SecState.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2016, 03:20:25 pm »
A good choice also...maybe Rudy for Homeland Security...I just don't see him as SOS...what am I missing?

You're not missing anything. From what I see on the news, and from what I am reading, the only one who is seriously considering Giuliani for Secretary of State is Rudy Giuliani. I'm not sure anyone else is interested in his idea. From what I can tell, he, Rudy, put himself up for the position. No one else did.

I agree with everyone else, in that he needs to be the AG or Homeland Security Director. However, it is by no means sure if he will accept either of those positions. It would seem from his recent interview, that he considers those positions to be beneath him.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 03:21:33 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2016, 03:52:54 pm »

You're economically ignorant if you think repealing NAFTA would lead to more jobs.

That is what Trump said he would do.  Is he economically ignorant?

Trumps new motto should be jump in (to swamp) rather than drain it.

NAFTA didn't work.  It put Americans out of work.  I know its difficult for people who don't make their living in a production environment to understand.  Its easy to pretend like there aren't millions of Americans depending on their manufacturing jobs to put food on the table.

We only made it cheaper to manufacture products outside the country.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2016, 03:53:33 pm »
That is what Trump said he would do.  Is he economically ignorant?

Yes.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2016, 03:55:50 pm »

You're not missing anything. From what I see on the news, and from what I am reading, the only one who is seriously considering Giuliani for Secretary of State is Rudy Giuliani. I'm not sure anyone else is interested in his idea. From what I can tell, he, Rudy, put himself up for the position. No one else did.

I agree with everyone else, in that he needs to be the AG or Homeland Security Director. However, it is by no means sure if he will accept either of those positions. It would seem from his recent interview, that he considers those positions to be beneath him.

The mob swamp.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2016, 04:07:26 pm »
Leaving his politics out of it for a moment, Giuliani would be a horrible choice simply because of his age alone.  For a life appointment, I'd aim for someone in their 50's at the most.  That's one of the biggest factors supporting Cruz -- he'd likely sit on the court for at least 30 years.

Cruz has already stated that he will better serve this country as a Senator than a justice and I agree with him. Trump would be wise to give him a cabinet position such as his Attorney General where his talents would be better utilized. Quite frankly, I think Cruz would be bored as a SCOTUS justice.

IMHO, I think that Trump is still very threatened and bitter towards Cruz.  I would be very surprised if Trump appoints him to any position.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.