Author Topic: New York Times Promises to Lie No More  (Read 1050 times)

rangerrebew

New York Times Promises to Lie No More
« on: November 14, 2016, 01:10:15 pm »
November 14, 2016
New York Times Promises to Lie No More
By Henry Percy

On Friday, Pinch Sulzberger, publisher of the NY Times, wrote a letter to his newsroom apologizing for their coverage of the Clinton/Trump campaign while simultaneously asserting they were completely unbiased. As non-apologies go, his is a classic. It took him 279 words to say the equivalent of “We told the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth about both candidates -- and we promise to stop lying about Trump in the future.” He sounds like a kid caught shoplifting: “I didn’t’ steal nothin’, and I’ll give back anything that wound up in my pockets, honest I will!”

And then the very next day Pinch’s “newspaper of record” published a story wherein Hillary blames her loss on James Comey:

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/11/new_york_emtimesem_promises_to_lie_no_more.html#ixzz4PzKe2YSG
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

rangerrebew

Re: New York Times Promises to Lie No More
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 01:11:18 pm »
So, they promise to lie no more, but they didn't promise to lie any less. :tongue2:
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 01:12:03 pm by rangerrebew »

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2016, 01:14:00 pm »
So, they promise to lie no more, but they didn't promise to lie any less. :tongue2:
EXACTLY!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2016, 01:53:04 pm »
Hyperbole and exaggeration shall continue as always.

Offline Joe Wooten

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2016, 02:15:20 pm »
I'll believe when I see it.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2016, 12:33:08 am »

Good point.   :laugh:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2016, 12:56:20 am »

I thought they were announcing they were closing down. Shutting up shop. I would settle for them just shutting up.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2016, 01:48:52 am »
NYTimes has been playing this game for a long time.

One of the more shameful occurances:

Western Press Coverage

Foreign correspondents were strongly advised by the press department of the Soviet Commissariat for Foreign Affairs to remain in Moscow and were formally barred from entering Ukraine and the North Caucuses in 1933. Even prior to this ban, Western journalists could only travel outside of Moscow if accompanied by Soviet officials.

Not a single Western newspaper or press agency protested publicly against the confinement of its correspondents in Moscow or investigated the reason for this extraordinary measure. The majority of reporters complied, fearing possible expulsion and losing their journalistic privileges. This limited the possibility of press coverage of this tragic event.

However, Walter Duranty of the New York Times was permitted into Ukraine. He reported that there was no Famine, except for some “partial crop failures.” Duranty set the tone for a good deal of Western press coverage with “authoritative” denials of starvation. He referred to the Famine as the “alleged ‘man-made’ famine of 1933.” However, according to a British Diplomatic Report, Duranty, off the record, conceded that “as many as 10 million” may have perished in the Soviet Union and that “Ukraine had been bled white.”

A number of other reporters, such as William Henry Chamberlin, Harry Lang, Malcolm Muggeridge, and Gareth Jones ignored the travel ban and reported on the Famine. Nonetheless, articles by such men as Duranty overshadowed the work of these honest men, clouding public perceptions.

In 1932 Walter Duranty received the Pulitzer Prize for his reporting. Despite his obviously and deliberately misleading accounts of the Famine, which denied the fact that it had caused widespread death, Duranty was not stripped of his Pulitzer despite a public campaign for it to be revoked. In 2003, a Pulitzer review board decided to allow Duranty to keep his award due to the fact that “… there was not clear and convincing evidence [in his earlier writing for which he received the prize] of deliberate deception.” The New York Times did issue a public acknowledgement of Duranty’s failures as a journalist [www.nytco.com/company/awards/statement.html].

Commenting on the failure of Western journalists to cover the Ukrainian Famine accurately, thoroughly, and with the vigour it deserved, Eugene Lyons, a correspondent for United Press International, concluded in 1937 that, “The Kremlin, in short, ‘had gotten away with it.’”

http://holodomor.ca/education/teaching-materials/holodomor-denial-silences/

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2016, 02:36:53 am »
"New York Times Promises to Lie No More"

Haha!
One more big lie to beat them all!