Author Topic: Op-Ed: Conservatives attack Trump trillion dollar infrastructure program  (Read 340 times)

rangerrebew

Op-Ed: Conservatives attack Trump trillion dollar infrastructure program

By Ken Hanly     Nov 12, 2016 in Politics

One of Trump's key economic policies was a trillion-dollar infrastructure spending program to rebuild U.S. highways, bridges and airports.
Certainly many of Trump's policies and policy directions such as those on the environment are opposed to those of liberals and leftists but not all his policies are such, including his view on the necessity of rebuilding U.S. infrastructure. Indeed, it is conservatives who already are criticizing his plans to spend up to a trillion dollars over 10 years. Trump claims that his program will create ""millions" of jobs, and compared it to Eisenhower's creation of the interstate highway system. While Trump is no doubt inflating the job creation numbers a bit, this is the sort of program that Democrats could support and attempt to modify. Obama also had an $832 billion dollar program a target also of conservative criticism. During the campaign, Hillary Clinton advanced her own infrastructure spending campaign of $275 billion over five years financed partly by oil revenue and also a tax overhaul. Trump points out his plan is much larger than that of Clinton's and boasts: “We are going to fix our inner cities and rebuild our highways, bridges, tunnels, airports, schools, hospitals. We’re going to rebuild our infrastructure — which will become, by the way, second to none — and we will put millions of our people to work as we rebuild it.”

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/news/politics/op-ed-conservatives-attack-trump-trillion-dollar-infrastructure-program/article/479444#ixzz4Q0F4XIbO

Offline LMAO

Re: Op-Ed: Conservatives attack Trump trillion dollar infrastructure program
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 05:06:00 pm »
If BHO's near trillion stimulus was bad, and we opposed that, then those who praise Trump's are engaging in hypocrisy. Infrastructure spending has a place. But it shouldn't be used as simply a jobs program. it can create jobs in the short term. But that borrowed and printed money has to be paid back. Our fiscal situation is very serious and needs to be taken seriously

I predict this is going to be the first fight. We should be reigning in spending. I hope this isn't going to be four years of "deficits for as far as the eyes can see."
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 05:37:32 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy