Author Topic: Christie re-emerges after his falling out with Trump. But is he back on the inside?  (Read 780 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 By Karen Tumulty and Robert Costa November 20 at 10:19 PM

He was in. And then he was out. And now, he’s — well, it’s hard to tell exactly where New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie stands in the intrigue-filled orbit of those who surround the president-elect of the United States.

What is clear is that Christie has become an object lesson of the perils that face those who try to navigate Donald Trump’s world, a place where loyalty is demanded, but not always one where it is returned in kind.

Nine days after the public humiliation of being unceremoniously dumped as the head of Trump’s presidential transition, Christie on Sunday showed up among the parade of potential Trump administration job seekers to meet with the president-elect at his New Jersey golf course.

more
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/christie-re-emerges-after-his-falling-out-with-trump-but-is-he-back-on-the-inside/2016/11/20/098c4f76-aea4-11e6-977a-1030f822fc35_story.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Just_Victor

Perhaps the news of the "fallout" was exaggerated.

If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline libertybele

Trump appointing Christie to any cabinet position would be a huge disaster; the guy is corrupt, got caught and other people are paying the consequences.   :3:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Trump appointing Christie to any cabinet position would be a huge disaster; the guy is corrupt, got caught and other people are paying the consequences.   :3:

Doesn't Trump need a food taster now?  :tongue2:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Doesn't Trump need a food taster now?  :tongue2:

He's had lap band surgery. I don't think he can eat all that much anymore.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

Trump does want something left on his plate ...

Though food tasters always put me in mind of this comic. (This one is safe enough but DO NOT CLICK NEXT PAGE OR PREVIOUS PAGE IF YOU ARE AT WORK! 99% of his stuff is sex.)
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Victoria33

@mystery-ak

I believe this is the reason Christie is out with Trump.  Trump's son-in-law is Jared Corey Kushner.  He is glued to Trump helping him choose people for jobs.

When Christie was a federal prosecutor, he indicted Kusher's father, Charles Kushner, and sent him to prison for two years.  Kushner served one year and got out. 

If Christie put your or my father in prison, and we could give him a job, I doubt we would give Christie a swell job in "our" government.

Offline libertybele

I believe he had the surgery back in 2013.  Before surgery he weighed around 400 lbs. and different reports when he announced his candidacy state that he's lost between 85 and 100 lbs which still puts him around 300 lbs.  I've known people that have had great success in the beginning with the surgery and gained a significant amount of their weight back; it's definitely not a cure.  It is to assist weight loss with proper eating and exercise.

Regardless of his weight, he's corrupt and IMHO unfit for any cabinet position.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.