Author Topic: BREAKING: Reince Priebus tapped To Be Trump's Chief of Staff  (Read 12872 times)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: BREAKING: Reince Priebus tapped To Be Trump's Chief of Staff
« Reply #75 on: November 13, 2016, 11:17:07 pm »

Folks, we have to give Trump a chance.. He is going to be our President. 

Trump will be 'my' president about as much as Obama was 'my' president. 

As to giving Trump a chance - I recall the demands from so many people that we had to give ObamaCare a chance to succeed - even when we warned them what was going to happen.

I'm not that naïve.

I want him to do well. If he does well the country does well.

What we want and what actually happens are nearly always two different things.  I have not heard much from Trump that would cause me to believe the country will do well under his tenure.  That view is not going to change just because he is sworn into office.

Please don't nitpick every move.

If liberty were not so fragile, we could afford to do that.

Right now, we cannot afford to do so.

Why do so many people demand we look away from the threats to liberty in the name of 'getting along'????  This is how you invite calamity to be sown in your name from among you.

If he does wrong, then he should called out on it. If he made makes a right choice that he seems right then we should support him. I think this is a right choice.

I disagree.  I think this 'choice' proves that the narrative that Trump was some kind of outsider and was going to 'drain the swamp' of all the "insiders" was a total con game and bullshit. 

Trump rewards and makes one of the key architects of the Establishment's war on Conservatives his COS?????

Well, given the fruits - I expect that war is about to get ratcheted up into a whole new level, to cheers and applause of both Leftists and Republicans.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #76 on: November 13, 2016, 11:17:50 pm »
How about the fact that Priebus wouldn't approve of the coup attempt by the rank and file of the RNC, trying to change rules pre-convention to steal the nomination from him?

Trump rewards loyalty.

Right about now, Chris Christie wishes he didn't pick up his skirt and run away, screaming.

How about RP changing the rules whenever it suited him in the past that led to stripping conservatives in the party of their power? That matter at all to you? Or just when it benefits what you want?

Offline Longmire

« Reply #77 on: November 13, 2016, 11:18:32 pm »
By all means. Explain to us how he, the definition of establishment insider as head of the RNC, 'earned' his role on the staff of the man campaigning on getting rid of him.

By helping get him elected obviously...and giving the #nevertrumps a stiff arm while doing so.  :laugh:

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #78 on: November 13, 2016, 11:19:42 pm »
How about RP changing the rules whenever it suited him in the past that led to stripping conservatives in the party of their power? That matter at all to you? Or just when it benefits what you want?

LOL!   The results of this election prove beyond a shadow of any doubt that Conservatives needed to be stripped of any power.

Try to keep up, Normie!     
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #79 on: November 13, 2016, 11:20:15 pm »

You are supposed to forget that he did that now that he has been made Trump's COS.

We're all supposed to give them a chance now Norm.

Just like ObamaCare.

Give it a chance.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #80 on: November 13, 2016, 11:20:47 pm »
By helping get him elected obviously...and giving the #nevertrumps a stiff arm while doing so.  :laugh:

So all Trumps BS was just BS? Can't have it both ways.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #81 on: November 13, 2016, 11:21:36 pm »
We keep squabbling,  but he's still going to be president.

So we will keep squabbling.......
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #82 on: November 13, 2016, 11:23:19 pm »
So to review...

Not going to prosecute Hillary

Not going to repeal Obamacare

Appoints the ultimate GOP insider to be his CofS.

Or...and this is the ACTUAL reality....

Will leave prosecution and evidence gathering where it belongs...law enforcement (FBI).

Will repeal Obamacare...and replace it. As was always the GOP plan/intention, some items that are in Obamacare will also be in the new Republican Health Care plan.

Appointed as Chief of Staff, someone who has good ties throughout the party and can ensure that Trump is able to get things done by getting congressional GOP'rs on board and voting with him...a necessity if one wants to get ANYTHING done. You cannot drain the swamp without managerial and congressional support...Priebus makes that to happen.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #83 on: November 13, 2016, 11:23:32 pm »
You are supposed to forget that he did that now that he has been made Trump's COS.

We're all supposed to give them a chance now Norm.

Just like ObamaCare.

Give it a chance.

I'll give it a chance. His chance is to govern conservatively. When he appoints RINOS and renegs on his word, which I expect in most if not all cases, I'll bitch about it. So effectively his chance is the same one barry got from me. And I expect the same outcome.

"They won". And all that implies.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #84 on: November 13, 2016, 11:23:46 pm »
LOL!   The results of this election prove beyond a shadow of any doubt that Conservatives needed to be stripped of any power.

Try to keep up, Normie!   

It's always good when you admit outright to not only not being conservative, but to hating conservatives and conservatism......

When RP stripped conservatives of any influence in the Republican Party, he destroyed it.   Without the Conservative arm of the Republican party, it will shrivel up and die, because it stands for NOTHING.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #85 on: November 13, 2016, 11:23:53 pm »
Yes, disenfranchising the majority of his own party's primary voters, who still, like Pavlov's dog, ran back come the time of the general. Sad!
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #86 on: November 13, 2016, 11:24:51 pm »
If you all hate Reince who exactly did you want to see as COS?
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #87 on: November 13, 2016, 11:25:30 pm »

Try to keep up, Normie!   

Of course they did.  Thanks for admitting that. 

Leftism populism is now "in."  Enjoy defending Trump teaming up with Democrats to pass his stimulus, his tariffs, and his overturning of the Sequester.

I noticed when I was walking my dogs this morning that, since Tuesday, money has started growing on trees.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #88 on: November 13, 2016, 11:25:53 pm »
The results of this election prove beyond a shadow of any doubt that Conservatives needed to be stripped of any power.
And just why do you believe that this country deserves to be further driven toward leftism, and why are you on a conservative board trolling people? That's just sick.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #89 on: November 13, 2016, 11:26:24 pm »
Everybody's focused on Priebus; nobody's saying anything about a gutter rat assuming the position of Chief Strategist.

Steve Bannon took a conservative website and made it into a cesspool of lies and a haven for racists, but he'll be a positive for the White House.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #90 on: November 13, 2016, 11:27:08 pm »
Someone, anyone, not actually in the party structure.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #91 on: November 13, 2016, 11:27:38 pm »
Everybody's focused on Priebus; nobody's saying anything about a gutter rat assuming the position of Chief Strategist.

Steve Bannon took a conservative website and made it into a cesspool of lies and a haven for racists, but he'll be a positive for the White House.
Oh, I noticed that in another thread.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #92 on: November 13, 2016, 11:27:44 pm »

Anyone that would fulfill his promise of ending business as usual. I have an incredibly hard time accepting that the head of the establishment, of ALL PEOPLE, is the man needed to break up the establishment.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #93 on: November 13, 2016, 11:27:49 pm »
It's always good when you admit outright to not only not being conservative, but to hating conservatives and conservatism......

It's just one more reason and example why it is absolutely necessary to dump any support for the GOP and get a Conservative party going locally.

It may take time, but this has the hallmark of a total consolidation of the Establishment Oligarchy and making the Uniparty a real Beast.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #94 on: November 13, 2016, 11:27:53 pm »

When RP stripped conservatives of any influence in the Republican Party, he destroyed it.   Without the Conservative arm of the Republican party, it will shrivel up and die, because it stands for NOTHING.

Awww shut up!    **nononono*
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #95 on: November 13, 2016, 11:29:06 pm »

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #96 on: November 13, 2016, 11:29:07 pm »
And just why do you believe that this country deserves to be further driven toward leftism, and why are you on a conservative board trolling people? That's just sick.

It's what some of us said all along. They hate conservatism. And there it is in black and white.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #97 on: November 13, 2016, 11:29:51 pm »

There are no principles any longer, myrle. 

Just Trump.  If Trump wants it, it's gotta be good.

And with Steve Bannon at his side,  Trump will team up with every goombah thug in the world.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #98 on: November 13, 2016, 11:30:30 pm »
Awww shut up!    **nononono*

No.

YOU said RP was a grand guy because he squelched conservatives.

I'm not going to let that kind of liberalism pass without a comment.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #99 on: November 13, 2016, 11:30:34 pm »
So all Trumps BS was just BS? Can't have it both ways.

No idea what you're talking about here, don't really care either.   :shrug:

Dogs bark and the caravan moves on...