Author Topic: BREAKING: Reince Priebus tapped To Be Trump's Chief of Staff  (Read 12844 times)

Offline Norm Lenhart

Re: BREAKING: Reince Priebus tapped To Be Trump's Chief of Staff
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2016, 10:12:09 pm »
Good news bump...Preibus earned this role and Bannon works well behind the scenes.

How, by bringing the full resource of the GOP against one of their own Senators (Ted Cruz?) By getting Thad Chochran reelected? By years of caving in to the left?

By all means. Explain to us how he, the definition of establishment insider as head of the RNC, 'earned' his role on the staff of the man campaigning on getting rid of him.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 10:13:57 pm by Norm Lenhart »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2016, 10:13:49 pm »
How, by bringing the full resource of the GOP against one of their own Senators (Ted Cruz?) By getting Thad Chochran reelected? By years of caving in the left?

By all means. Explain to us how he, the definition of establishment insider as head of the RNC, 'earned' his role on the staff of the man campaigning on getting rid of him.

It would appear now that Trump really wasn't trying to get rid of any of them.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2016, 10:17:47 pm »
It would appear now that Trump really wasn't trying to get rid of any of them.

Imagine that. Who could have ever guessed?

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2016, 10:19:03 pm »
Drove through TOS to see how this is play in. Widely viewed as a brilliant move.

I guess they haven't heard of this thing called 'Google'. You can actually pinpoint not long ago, the ones who now are saying this was 'brilliant' or 'good news' were saying then Prebius must go and all the usual establishment complaints about him.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2016, 10:20:47 pm »
How, by bringing the full resource of the GOP against one of their own Senators (Ted Cruz?) By getting Thad Chochran reelected? By years of caving in to the left?

If this is any indication, the Trumpsplaining contortions of logic will be of Olympic gymnastic quality, and performed with similar alacrity.
Hiring Prebius just indicates the GOPe and Trump were not so much on opposite sides, as was predicted long before the convention. The idea has been to shut out Constitutional Conservatives all along.
SSDD, not my party any more, but an interesting show. (Just wait until he's sworn in, then it will get really interesting!)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jpsb

« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2016, 10:21:26 pm »
“It is truly an honor to join President-elect Trump in the White House as his Chief of Staff,” Priebus stated of the annoucement. “I am very grateful to the President-elect for this opportunity to serve him and this nation as we work to create an economy that works for everyone, secure our borders, repeal and replace Obamacare and destroy radical Islamic terrorism. He will be a great President for all Americans.”

So the problem is?

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2016, 10:22:25 pm »
Definitely a "status quo" move, but also a smart move.  Priebus demonstrated his ability to navigate very troubled waters throughout the primaries.  He also has shown himself to be quite competent at managing things and avoiding disaster.  When you are trying to get things done, managerial competence is one of the rarest commodities to be found in the real world.  When you encounter it, you put it to good use pursuing your objectives.  In that respect, Trump made the right move.

Also, Priebus is someone who is regarded by everyone as a decent guy and straight shooter.  He won't attract controversy to himself the way Bannon would.  I think I'd pick him myself were I Trump. 

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2016, 10:23:20 pm »
I guess they haven't heard of this thing called 'Google'. You can actually pinpoint not long ago, the ones who now are saying this was 'brilliant' or 'good news' were saying then Prebius must go and all the usual establishment complaints about him.

You don't need google for that. I never saw anyone there ever approve of RP before Trump. Quite the opposite in fact. Long and loud.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2016, 10:23:29 pm »

Republican National Committee chairman Reince Priebus condemned Donald Trump's sexually aggressive comments about women in a curt statement: “No woman should ever be described in these terms or talked about in this manner. Ever.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/reince-priebus-donald-trump-comments-women-229316

Donald Trump on Tuesday slammed Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus a "disgrace" and blasted the party's delegate system as "absolutely rigged."

"Reince Priebus should be ashamed of himself," he told The Hill in an interview. "He should be ashamed of himself because he knows what's going on.

"It's a disgrace for the party," the presidential front-runner added, though he said that he had not "given any thought" on whether to call on Priebus to step down.

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/trump-bashes-rigged-gop/2016/04/12/id/723596/

Republican National Committee Chairman (RNC) Reince Priebus fired back at Donald Trump on Sunday, after the GOP presidential front-runner said there would be a “rough July” at the Republican convention if the RNC doesn't "straighten out" its primary system.

“The RNC doesn’t have the authority to change the rules even if we wanted to, and each candidate has to know the rules, learn the rules, and abide by the rules and ultimately the majority will decide everything in Cleveland,” Priebus said on CBS's "Face the Nation."
“I don’t take it personally ... because I kind of just rest in the truth,” Priebus said. “And, you know, it matters when something is right and something is wrong to me.”

Trump made the comments at a New York rally Saturday, saying the RNC “better get going” on making changes.

“Because I’ll tell you what: You’re going to have a rough July at that convention,” Trump said. “You better get going, and you better straighten out the system because the people want their vote, the people want to vote, and they want to be represented properly.”

Trump has ramped up his attacks against the RNC in the past week, accusing party officials of “canceling the vote” in Colorado, which had a convention to award delegates instead of a primary or caucus.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/276602-priebus-not-taking-trump-attacks-personally

Looks like now it was all just an act.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2016, 10:23:40 pm »
Of course...they aren't going to start questioning Dear Leader now.   

**nononono*

I mean they've defended all of his other flip flops...why change now.

Obie's cult following has nothing on these guys...
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2016, 10:24:36 pm »
“It is truly an honor to join President-elect Trump in the White House as his Chief of Staff,” Priebus stated of the annoucement. “I am very grateful to the President-elect for this opportunity to serve him and this nation as we work to create an economy that works for everyone, secure our borders, repeal and replace Obamacare and destroy radical Islamic terrorism. He will be a great President for all Americans.”

So the problem is?

The problem is he said the same thing 2 years ago before giving Obama everything he wanted. So why believe him now when he has an actual record to go by?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2016, 10:24:39 pm »

So the problem is?

Gee I wonder?

Donald Trump on Tuesday slammed Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus a "disgrace" and blasted the party's delegate system as "absolutely rigged."

"Reince Priebus should be ashamed of himself," he told The Hill in an interview. "He should be ashamed of himself because he knows what's going on.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2016, 10:24:48 pm »

So the problem is?
From the guy who headed the Party that was going to do all that for how long, now? Suddenly that becomes credible? Wanna buy a bridge?  :silly:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2016, 10:25:02 pm »
Want to bet he holds on to the chairmanship? It makes sense from a business perspective - keep tight control. Doesn't mean we have to like it, but it is logical given Trump's background in business.

Running this country as a 'business' is just another form of dictatorship.

Mussolini perfected it in the 20's.

Which is what we have warned Trump was going to do all along.

At least the trains will run on time.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Applewood

« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2016, 10:25:37 pm »
This whole election was one big reality TV show, complete with melodrama  and phony scenarios.  Trump has the experience in reality TV to fool people into believing he really is this conservative, Washington outsider.  Now the smoke and mirrors will fade away and his fans will find out he's nothing better than any other politician.  He will reward his friends, family, supporters and golfing buddies with the plumb positions without regard as to whether any of them can do the job.  And Rinse, as RNC chair,  will make sure the Republican-controlled congress will bow down and worship Trump and rubber stamp everything he wants, including presidential nominations and appointments. 

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2016, 10:29:09 pm »
Reince did a pretty good job making Trump's fecal mutterings sound like velvet tones to the true believers.  He's good at obfuscating, changing the subject, and blaming everybody but the culprit.

He'll have to do a lot of that going forward.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2016, 10:32:44 pm »
So the problem is?

Your prince was a liar from the beginning and orchestrated a magnificent ruse and con game.  And either you all participated in the lie to push the false narrative that Trump was an outsider who was going to get rid of the 'insiders' that brought us to the precipice of ruin - or you are a gullible fool.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2016, 10:36:54 pm »
Your prince was a liar from the beginning and orchestrated a magnificent ruse and con game.  And either you all participated in the lie to push the false narrative that Trump was an outsider who was going to get rid of the 'insiders' that brought us to the precipice of ruin - or you are a gullible fool.

So to review...

Not going to prosecute Hillary

Not going to repeal Obamacare

Appoints the ultimate GOP insider to be his CofS.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2016, 10:38:11 pm »
Running this country as a 'business' is just another form of dictatorship.

Mussolini perfected it in the 20's.

Which is what we have warned Trump was going to do all along.

At least the trains will run on time.

Businesses exist to make a profit.

Government should only take in enough money to operate according to their constitutional mandates.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2016, 10:40:20 pm »
The problem is he said the same thing 2 years ago before giving Obama everything he wanted. So why believe him now when he has an actual record to go by?

Not one of you NeverTrumpers has presented one objective reason why Reince Priebus as CoS was a betrayal or a poor choice. Reince is down with Trumps agenda and can help Trump get his agenda thru Congress. IMHO Reince is a good choice for CoS.  Reince proved his worth in the primaries as a straight shooter whose word is good. In 4 years if you NeverTrumpers elect your guy you get a say. Until then remember you lost we won.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2016, 10:41:16 pm »
Definitely a "status quo" move, but also a smart move.  Priebus demonstrated his ability to navigate very troubled waters throughout the primaries.  He also has shown himself to be quite competent at managing things and avoiding disaster.  When you are trying to get things done, managerial competence is one of the rarest commodities to be found in the real world.  When you encounter it, you put it to good use pursuing your objectives.  In that respect, Trump made the right move.

Also, Priebus is someone who is regarded by everyone as a decent guy and straight shooter.  He won't attract controversy to himself the way Bannon would.  I think I'd pick him myself were I Trump.

Well said.   goopo

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2016, 10:42:13 pm »
Hiring Wrench Pubic? So it looks like Donny is going to fill the swamp to capacity before he drains it so that it will look even more impressive.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2016, 10:44:04 pm »
Until then remember you lost we won.
Sounds like Obama.  Congratulations.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2016, 10:44:41 pm »
Not one of you NeverTrumpers has presented one objective reason why Reince Priebus as CoS was a betrayal or a poor choice. Reince is down with Trumps agenda and can help Trump get his agenda thru Congress. IMHO Reince is a good choice for CoS.  Reince proved his worth in the primaries as a straight shooter whose word is good. In 4 years if you NeverTrumpers elect your guy you get a say. Until then remember you lost we won.

Actually we did. And "We won" is the mantra of Obamabots. Get a new one. Unless you are the same people. Then it makes sense to use it.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 10:45:45 pm by Norm Lenhart »