Author Topic: John Bolton for Secretary of State  (Read 1051 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
John Bolton for Secretary of State
« on: November 13, 2016, 02:21:40 pm »
 John Bolton for Secretary of State
By The Editors — November 12, 2016

And just like that Donald Trump needs to govern. The outsider who shocked the world with his upsets in the primaries and the general election will have to arrive in Washington and take control of a vast and often hostile bureaucracy. With allies nervous and a challenge from adversaries abroad likely to materialize quickly, the choice of secretary of state is his most important appointment.

Naturally, names have already been mentioned in the press as possibilities, and none is better suited to the job than former U.N. ambassador John Bolton.

First, the other possibilities: Newt Gingrich is a brilliant thinker and glib talker who would always be one slip of the tongue away from creating an international crisis; Senator Bob Corker of Tennessee was last seen facilitating President Obama’s Iran-deal path through Congress, in one of the prime exhibits of GOP fecklessness in recent years; Rudy Giuliani has done yeoman’s work for Trump, but doesn’t have extensive foreign policy experience, to put it mildly.

more
http://www.nationalreview.com/node/442150/print
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: John Bolton for Secretary of State
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2016, 02:27:53 pm »
I heartily second the motion!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2016, 03:06:55 pm »
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/26/opinion/to-stop-irans-bomb-bomb-iran.html?_r=0
The Opinion Pages | Op-Ed Contributor
To Stop Iran’s Bomb, Bomb Iran

By JOHN R. BOLTON MARCH 26, 2015

I'm not so sure, this is very hawkish.

Also, he is on the board of National Review who were anti-Trump while at the same time, Bolton was fairly loyal to Trump. So we will see. Perhaps as an advisor.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2016, 03:11:27 pm »
I'm not so sure, this is very hawkish.

Also, he is on the board of National Review who were anti-Trump while at the same time, Bolton was fairly loyal to Trump. So we will see. Perhaps as an advisor.

John Bolton understands the same thing that I understand!  There will never be any resolution to anything in the Middle East for so long as tose damned Mullahs have control of the Iranian government!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2016, 03:18:48 pm »
Bolton knows more than the generals do.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2016, 03:22:26 pm »
Bolton knows more than the generals do.

There are a good many generals who understand the same ting John Bolton and I understand! They have been suppressed for the last eight years while we we being ruled by the Iranian agent in the White House!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2016, 03:44:06 pm »
There are a good many generals who understand the same ting John Bolton and I understand! They have been suppressed for the last eight years while we we being ruled by the Iranian agent in the White House!

War is good for the economy.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2016, 05:41:43 pm »
Kellogg or Flynn would be just fine at the State Dept...one of the deepest swamps in DC.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2016, 05:53:20 pm »
John Bolton understands the same thing that I understand!  There will never be any resolution to anything in the Middle East for so long as tose damned Mullahs have control of the Iranian government!

ISIS aren't Shias, ISIS are Sunnis; Wahhabists,

I admit that I don't know as much as Bolton but I think most people would agree, ISIS has been something straight out of hell and they are against Iran.

Iran isn't necessarily causing that much upheaval in the Mid-East, Iran is Israel's problem much more than ours, one of those radical clerics just said so.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2016, 05:55:39 pm »
ISIS aren't Shias, ISIS are Sunnis; Wahhabists,

I admit that I don't know as much as Bolton but I think most people would agree, ISIS has been something straight out of hell and they are against Iran.

Iran isn't necessarily causing that much upheaval in the Mid-East, Iran is Israel's problem much more than ours, one of those radical clerics just said so.

Yes.  We have nothing to worry about from the world's leading sponsor of terrorism.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2016, 05:59:45 pm »
Yes.  We have nothing to worry about from the world's leading sponsor of terrorism.

So it is said but many disagree with that assessment, that well could be propaganda,

Anyway, we certainly know that ISIS has unleashed savagery that is not seen that often, genocide in fact.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2016, 06:01:06 pm »
For all we know, calling Iran the world largest sponsor of terrorism plays right into the aims of countries like Saudi Arabia.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2016, 06:01:31 pm »
So it is said but many disagree with that assessment, that well could be propaganda,

Anyway, we certainly know that ISIS has unleashed savagery that is not seen that often, genocide in fact.

You're the first person outside of an Iranian mullah to ever say that.

But, Putin loves the mullahs, and Trump loves Putin, and you love Trump, so I guess it makes sense.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2016, 06:05:25 pm »
Clinton Foundation received donations from the Saudis, we have fought wars that have benefited them.

WikiLeaks cables portray Saudi Arabia as a cash machine for terrorists
Hillary Clinton memo highlights Gulf states' failure to block funding for groups like al-Qaida, Taliban and Lashkar-e-Taiba

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2010/dec/05/wikileaks-cables-saudi-terrorist-funding

Offline TomSea

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2016, 08:39:58 pm »
Trump saved the Republican Party, they are more powerful now than ever.

I trust his decision-making. But one thing is for sure, we don't need more Neo-Con screw-ups.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2016, 08:52:32 pm »
Trump saved the Republican Party, they are more powerful now than ever.

I trust his decision-making. But one thing is for sure, we don't need more Neo-Con screw-ups.

Trump killed the conservative movement.  There is no more talk of spending restraint, free trade, or open markets.   

Instead, we have another $1 trillion spending package, the threat of job-killing tariffs, and restrictions on the free movement of labor.

Democrats will vote for all three.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2016, 09:21:25 pm »
Figures those who dislike him the most would advise him to get another neo-con in there.

No more Bushes, Clinton and left wing filth is out there protesting, so we all have to band together.

No more Bush, Obama, Clinton wars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSH0eRKq1lE

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2016, 09:42:51 pm »
Bolton would be excellent!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2016, 03:09:44 am »
Bolton is a good choice in terms of experience and being able to hit the ground running. Especially since he has his network of informal channels from his time at the UN. Only downside to him I can see is he tends to go a bit policy wonk when pragmatism is needed, but that's only a tendency, not a habit.

And Flynn? For God's sake, NO! I said it elsewhere, he couldn't pick which shirt to wear if you offered him a choice of two white ones. Smart guy, good listener, good memory, but indecisive as hell.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink