Author Topic: Cokie Roberts on Results: There’s Great ‘Hostility’ to Having a Female President  (Read 1032 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Cokie Roberts on Results: There’s Great ‘Hostility’ to Having a Female President
by Josh Feldman | 11:42 pm, November 8th, 2016

Considering Donald Trump could win tonight, ABC News’ Cokie Roberts thinks that part of it has to do with “a strong sentiment about not having a woman president.”

For whatever else might be to blame for a Trump victory, Roberts thinks there’s significant “hostility” to a female president.

Read More At: http://www.mediaite.com/tv/cokie-roberts-on-results-theres-great-hostility-to-having-a-female-president/

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
No, Cokie. There is hostility to having a corrupt criminal woman President. When the American version of Margaret Thatcher runs, I would vote for her.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
No, Cokie. There is hostility to having a corrupt criminal woman President. When the American version of Margaret Thatcher runs, I would vote for her.

Excellently stated!   :amen: 

There are a LOT of women I would happily vote for for president! None of them are named Hillary Clinton!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Hillary Clinton really would have been a monumental historic 'first'. That is true.

She would have been the very first President Elect who was elected while under active felony investigation by the FBI.

It doesn't get any more 'historic first' than that. Talk about breaking the glass ceiling!
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Oh I don't know, Carly Fiorina was on my list of acceptable candidates.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Oh I don't know, Carly Fiorina was on my list of acceptable candidates.

She is DEFINITELY on the list!

« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 04:27:48 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Wingnut

Not sure who cares what that dusty old uterus has to say anymore.  I guess it is a bird's of a feather thing with her and Hil.

Offline dfwgator

Says the person who pooh-poohed Sarah Palin when she was McCain's VP pick. 

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Typical liberal, using bigotry to paint the opposition as bigots, because they don't support their bigotry. I think requiring someone to vote for a candidate simply because they're a 'person of color', a woman, or LGBTQSNAFUBAR qualifies.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Says the person who pooh-poohed Sarah Palin when she was McCain's VP pick.

And then there's that.
The Republic is lost.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Ties in neatly with Harry Reid saying this election was about bigots...they're getting the narrative out early and will continue to pound it mercilessly for the next 4 years...

And Cokie, if you're reading this, I had GREAT hostility to having THAT particular female as President, mkay?
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Well Cokie you should probably focus your energy on those 30,000,000 women who hate women. I mean they must hate women since they voted for Trump.

Why would thirty million women be Hostile to a female President? Tell me that Cokie. I would really like to understand that.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline goatprairie

Excellently stated!   :amen: 

There are a LOT of women I would happily vote for for president! None of them are named Hillary Clinton!
If you run across a lib woman who expresses the sentiments of Roberts, ask them if they voted for Sarah Palin in 2008. Or if they supported Carly Fiorina. You know the answer you'll get.
Which just means they're all stinking hypocrites.

Offline Applewood

This must be a liberal theme.  One of my uber-liberal friends, in mourning over Hillary's loss, said that a woman can't be president because "people" don't want one.  "People" meant Republicans and conservatives.  I told her that was BS.  Unlike liberal Democrats, who make it all about race, gender, religion, and so on, smart voters look at whether the candidate is suited for the job. I didn't want Obama as president, not because of his skin color, but rather, because of his politics.  Same with Hillary -- plus Benghazi, the emails and the fact that she was an incompetent Secretary of State and senator.  Trouble is, liberals vote based on emotion.  I vote based on competence.

Online Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Cokie - your sister was a wonderful mayor. I was honored to meet her.

If she had decided to run for congress or senate or even governor, I'd vote for her in the fall election.

She was a dang good mayor. And I'm not just saying that because she was a woman, she just was a dang good mayor.

G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Blizzardnh

Not sure who cares what that dusty old uterus has to say anymore.  I guess it is a bird's of a feather thing with her and Hil.
:silly: